Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine II

Users who are viewing this thread

The Ottoman empire eat plenty of potatoes and meat so why no potatoes? We have butter but no potatoes to put them on. =<
giphy.gif

Finally, I hope soon, it's bring back Mount/blade/warband gameplay back.

Seconding this. Missing Warband content should be no.1 on their to-do list after they finish adding mod tools.

At the bare minimum, a sequel must bring back the features people liked from the last game. Otherwise you're just taking one step forward and one step back.

So you plan to add a feature that disables death and aging instead of adding npc marriage to create actual simulation. Hah. I guess the latter is too much, after all you haven't been able to add ANYTHING for the past half a year, only fixes and more fixes for a broken game, so expecting you to add 0-1 binary difficulty feature is asking for too much, even though creating a dynasty was something that you advertised!

I feel scammed and I feel deep regret for purchasing your product. In all honesty, after having observed your development in the past 6 months, I don't even believe you have the ability to give this game a justice. I simply doubt your coding ability. This is worse than Bethesda!

And yes, go ahead and ban me and delete this negative-unwelcome-post. That is NOT gonna stop me from telling everyone I know about the experience called TALEWORLDS.
past lvl 13 or clan tier 6 theres nothing to do, all nobles die of old age ,or in battles ,npc should have sons as well , my son has no one to get married , they should fix the simulation , the game feels bad in these terms .

We were taking a castle yesterday and as we were building the camp there was a noble raiding the attached fief. I thought that was pretty funny

nice i guess but nothin here really seems all that substantial except maybe the rebellions...i want a reason to go to my castle or to be in my town i want personality for the other lords and reasons to talk to them besides getting a generic quest or declaring war i want reasons to actually go to war instead of wars just randomly happening even if you have good relationship with the other clan hell id be cool with it being paid dlc i just want more substantial content

nice i guess but nothin here really seems all that substantial except maybe the rebellions...i want a reason to go to my castle or to be in my town i want personality for the other lords and reasons to talk to them besides getting a generic quest or declaring war i want reasons to actually go to war instead of wars just randomly happening even if you have good relationship with the other clan hell id be cool with it being paid dlc i just want more substantial content
I think that it is clear now that this is unlikely to happen. Bannerlord is built on 4 gameplay pillars:

Action > Simulation > Tactical > Roleplaying

And the importance of those pillars are in that order. The way I see it the quest and dialogue system is there more as a example for modders.

TW nailed the action pillar and they have been mostly working on the simulation pillar since Early Access began. I expect there is some tactical work still coming since sieges need fixing and battle commands are getting some love.
This doesn't leave a lot of time left for the Roleplaying pillar apart from competing the main quest line. Actually calling it main quest line implies there other quest lines, which is inaccurate.

I have made peace with it, and now actually think it is for the best. They have limited resources and adding more RP content to the world is probably one of the easier type of mods to create, I just wish the world lore was more fleshed out so we would have something to anchor story mods to.

I think that it is clear now that this is unlikely to happen. Bannerlord is built on 4 gameplay pillars:

And the importance of those pillars are in that order. The way I see it the quest and dialogue system is there more as a example for modders.

TW nailed the action pillar and they have been mostly working on the simulation pillar since Early Access began. I expect there is some tactical work still coming since sieges need fixing and battle commands are getting some love.
This doesn't leave a lot of time left for the Roleplaying pillar apart from competing the main quest line. Actually calling it main quest line implies there other quest lines, which is inaccurate.

I have made peace with it, and now actually think it is for the best. They have limited resources and adding more RP content to the world is probably one of the easier type of mods to create, I just wish the world lore was more fleshed out so we would have something to anchor story mods to.
they need to communicate that if thats the case, if they have no intention of adding substantial content and are just going to be polishing up the game then say that so we can move on because alot of people are expecting this game to be as good as warband down the line and so far outside of the combat its not even close

Yeah guys... The simulation is on point...
tenor.gif

Its getting there.

+1

Its getting there
Simulation is getting there as in lords make armies roaming around peace time doing nothing, or starting wars when they shouldn't or starting wars without any reason other than "the game is like that" yeah this is a very rudimentary simulation game, the simulation happens in your mind

Back
Top Bottom