Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem is more that it is hands down the best melee weapon in the game and it is free. The Imperial Axe costs a perk slot and forces you to give up throwing and many good players still take it because it's great vs other shielders. I doubt nerfing the armor will change much but we will see.

I see it as more of a problem in how they are chosing to balance the game vs the overall balance itself though.
idk why you compare it to a trash perk, 1h axes are a failed design and have no ingame application

idk why you compare it to a trash perk, 1h axes are a failed design and have no ingame application

The Imperial Axe is not a trash perk, it's an incredibly powerful weapon vs other infantry. It's faster than a sword, does way more damage than a sword and breaks shields quickly.

The Imperial Axe is not a trash perk, it's an incredibly powerful weapon vs other infantry. It's faster than a sword, does way more damage than a sword and breaks shields quickly.
and you give up 2 pila for it that can oneshot any horse or most people, or a spear which makes you basicly useless. You get for it a short mini axe on one of the slowest infantry units in the game. "incredibly powerful"

and you give up 2 pila for it that can oneshot any horse or most people, or a spear which makes you basicly useless. You get for it a short mini axe on one of the slowest infantry units in the game. "incredibly powerful"
To be fair, it's easier to find Pila on the battlefield because nearly everyone takes them. Just wait a minute until someone misses a throw near you and you have an axe and pila. Though it'd be great to take an axe and pila... but... class system, ammitright? It gives us more options, you know.

To be fair, it's easier to find Pila on the battlefield because nearly everyone takes them. Just wait a minute until someone misses a throw near you and you have an axe and pila. Though it'd be great to take an axe and pila... but... class system, ammitright? It gives us more options, you know.
still doesnt change the fact that the axe is **** on legionary

Varyag axe is OP because its the most broken 1H in the game, on the other hand all heavy cav is broken, menavlion/glaive is broken, archery is too easy. The 1H axe is the least of the balancing problems. In fact, the varyag axe might be the only fun 1 handed in the game since all other cut weapons (swords) take about 6 hits to kill someone.

Who cares what axe is op, whole game is bad. Delay on block is unfun as hell, archers and cav are definition of noobtube and lack of esential game modes is just last nail in the coffin. I played over 3k hours of warband on steam and many more on C-RPG lanucher that skips steam therefore i have no clue what my real time in multiplayer is.

8 years of development and we are at point where 8 years old mods like C-RPG or deluge outclas full development studio in any way.

C-RPG had big hard on on nerfing anything that was not melee class yet archers throwers were extreme power houses there with just tini fraction of whatever we have here in banner lord.
I am sure that I will newer see 250 player battle ever again in my gaming life.
I am extremely disappointed on state of Bannerlord and i have next to no hope for anything better coming out of it.

Comments like this are why the devs should be weary of taking any balance advice from the community.
I think i have enough game knowledge to say that the legionary axe is not good. The data will show similar results anyways so they dont even need to listen. Its one of the worst perks in the whole game. Small axe on a slow unit with slow combat speed, shields take endless to break axe or not.

If they want to make this perk useful they need to swap it with the perk 1, armor+9 and significantly increase its length. It will give the player far more significant choices. I spent a significant amount of time testing different perks during the beta and now in EA. Most of my claims are backed up by data that i collected from xmls and that correlate with my gameplay experiences. Obviously this is not a scientific method but i think i can make generalised claims based on that.

If you scroll down you will find a chart and a list of movement speed values, even if you take the lighter shield perk on legionary you will still be far slower than other units. As said before taking the axe doesnt give you any counterplay to archers, they can just run away since legionaries are so slow, or cavalry, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I was waiting to add something from myself here for very long time but i cant hold it longer as some people here are talking trash even more every day

First of all the MP is almost dead same for the new as well as the old players why? Stupid delay makes it so that 2h weap or pole cant keep up with 1h when you match equal players in a fight. So my question is what are you gonna do with that?

Another point is that perks dont work at all ye okay it looks nice from the start but thats all and you are blind if you think thats going to give you an upper hand like. WHY? People who play this game now and used to play it before always count on the most important thing for them they were not like clones so this is not clone wars from star wars or something its medieval game that was always giving you a choice who you want to become .

Next thing is that i completely understand the problems with balancing things and in that case you are only making it more unbalanced since the time i got closed beta access myself why is this happening? So if you want to ask why do people leave? The answer is that Bannerlord is Boring so Boring and not attractive like Warband was and you keep making it even less attractive with every new update . You wont do anything good by simply taking away the choices we want to have like limiting a variety of weapons of some factions .

Last thing i want to share with you is something you probably already know people dont trust you anymore like they did before and it wont change till you show us a good reason to do that .

Thank you for your patience .

They didnt add anything in any update yet (EA), the 2h class is just not playable because everything in this game counters it.

Someone just told me an hour ago or smth that the game is boring and his clan went back to warband.

When can we expect changes regarding the hitboxes? There are countless (mainly upper swings) hits that does not register, same happens with throwing weapons (mostly against cav). It is frustrating. Im also getting lots of disconnects and packetlosses since you added Battleeye.
I feel like there is only small percentage of people seeing this. Sad.
You can swing and chop enemy head in a half and engine won't recognize DMG.

Remove the class system and fix the combat then people will play again but if tw wants the game 2 die then I just wish I could of refunded this disappointment of a game.

vvWo3Ap.png

I feel like there is only small percentage of people seeing this. Sad.
You can swing and chop enemy head in a half and engine won't recognize DMG.

It's honestly annoying because this is present in single player as well. People don't complain about it as much because there's other things that distract you from it, but it's very noticeable. You would think that issues that affect both SP and MP would get priority but I guess not.

Back
Top Bottom