Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Really?
Well tbh I didn't play Captain for a looooong time. Be that as it may.
Some classes like shockinfantry still have more use in Captain than in Skirmish. Another past example may be peasants.
For a time in the Beta, they were better shocktroops than Vlandian Voulgier's but that didn't change the fact, that they were hardly ever seen in Skirmish.

All I am trying to say is, that both / all modes would gain something from mode-specif classes rather then one size-fits-all.
TW even changed the health of shields depending on the game mode in the past, as they were either too strong or too weak.
they still are thats why they "got" (just in the notes) nerfed in 1.4.0

Marko is correct, we had a chance to have some new faces around here, and it's been blown. Even most of the old faces are moving on/going back to warband, having waited all this time for a game that isn't exactly what they hoped it would be.
Most of the people returning to warband are just waiting for bannerlord to become good, but chances of that happening are becoming slimmer every day since closed alpha
Well the sad state of affairs has unironically lead to my region's competitive Warband revival. At least something good came out of all of this.

Well I thought siege was fixed last night, could actually get into games with warmup, 60v60 and play a full game. However as of the hotfix this afternoon I have not been able to get into a siege game for as long as I queue. I have restarted my internet, computer, and client and there appear to be more than enough players searching to warrant a warmup round beginning at least. NA.

I have a question, how will modding in MP work? As eventually there will be MP mods that will change extensively the game, doesn't that risk a conflict with the Anti-Cheat? And how much do you reckon MP can be modded right now? Thanks.

I have a question, how will modding in MP work? As eventually there will be MP mods that will change extensively the game, doesn't that risk a conflict with the Anti-Cheat? And how much do you reckon MP can be modded right now? Thanks.
anti cheat can be turned off for servers (you can see an eye icon next to the ones its active on)

This I know, however, what i asks is if for exemple, i want to adapt to MP a purely cosmetic mod, let's say for exemple the hairs on helmet mod, will i get banned in MP? And later will full conversion mods be forced with no anti-cheats?

Can we we please get a response on the main issuing reason why you edit the existing maps to make them even more cav and archer friendly? Since the siege playerbase pretty much vanished, I find myself in nothing but cav or archer matches only (TDM) which is honestly no more a enjoyable playing experience.

Is Battle mode going to be considered? So far Captain is only thing that comes close.

I want them 200 (or more) player servers with field battles.

they still are thats why they "got" (just in the notes) nerfed in 1.4.0
Those changes arnt even in the game. I had to check because I didnt think they screwed this up a second time. First time values changed without telling us, Second time they told us but nothing was changed. Starting to feel like Goldilocks here....

Marko is correct, we had a chance to have some new faces around here, and it's been blown. Even most of the old faces are moving on/going back to warband, having waited all this time for a game that isn't exactly what they hoped it would be.
After playing abit of warband again on public servers, seems like Warband is slowly dissapearing too. Used to play Siege with atleast 100 people every night, last time it was around 50... If theyre not going to Bannerlord (which they dont seem to considering the complaints on the forum about queues) then they're abandoning the franchise.

I personally think they should have left the multiplayer in Closed Beta for a longer time.
The release of singleplayer in EA was fine but the multiplayer suffered from it.
I hope that we will get some changes that attract more players back to multiplayer.
Right now my only hope is that people will take a look back into the game with the full release.

Edit:
Of course that can't be changed anymore. But I don't want to be too pessimistic.
To be honest I spend more time on multiplayer than on singleplayer and I am looking forward to the community-tournaments starting in the near future, here in Europe. In the end of the day I am still optimistic and put my trust in the devs.

Last edited:
Those changes arnt even in the game. I had to check because I didnt think they screwed this up a second time. First time values changed without telling us, Second time they told us but nothing was changed. Starting to feel like Goldilocks here....

After playing abit of warband again on public servers, seems like Warband is slowly dissapearing too. Used to play Siege with atleast 100 people every night, last time it was around 50... If theyre not going to Bannerlord (which they dont seem to considering the complaints on the forum about queues) then they're abandoning the franchise.
alot of people swapped to skirmish and cpt mode

I personally think they should have left the multiplayer in Closed Beta for a longer time.
The release of singleplayer in EA was fine but the multiplayer suffered from it.
I hope that we will get some changes that attract more players back to multiplayer.
Right now my only hope is that people will take a look back into the game with the full release.

Edit:
Of course that can't be changed anymore. But I don't want to be too pessimistic.
To be honest I spend more time on multiplayer than on singleplayer and I am looking forward to the community-tournaments starting in the near future, here in Europe. In the end of the day I am still optimistic and put my trust in the devs.
Exactly this. The state of multiplayer at its release was way too poor for public access. They should have waited until we had better servers, non-crashing siege maps, and community servers. But hey, what's done is done.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned that the default Sturgia Axe is hands down the best infantry melee weapon in the game. This makes the Varyag the best heavy infantry class in the game because it can also be taken with additional armor + 4 throwing axes.

Northern Heavy Axe - 90 swing speed, 94 damage, 91 length for free.

Imperial Heavy Axe - 98 swing speed, 86 damage, 71 length for a perk slot.

All in all I think the top tier factions are all relatively balanced at the moment ( Sturgia, Vlandia, Empire,Battania, Khuzait ) and any changes without careful consideration could easily throw overall faction greatly out of whack. Unit cost is greatly overlooked in balance for example the Khuzait Spearman is a great cost effective and underrated melee unit for the cost.

Aserai having no direct answer to heavy infantry probably makes them the hardest faction to play right.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned that the default Sturgia Axe is hands down the best infantry melee weapon in the game. This makes the Varyag the best heavy infantry class in the game because it can also be taken with additional armor + 4 throwing axes.

Northern Heavy Axe - 90 swing speed, 94 damage, 91 length for free.

Imperial Heavy Axe - 98 swing speed, 86 damage, 71 length for a perk slot.

All in all I think the top tier factions are all relatively balanced at the moment ( Sturgia, Vlandia, Empire,Battania, Khuzait ) and any changes without careful consideration could easily throw overall faction greatly out of whack. Unit cost is greatly overlooked in balance for example the Khuzait Spearman is a great cost effective and underrated melee unit for the cost.

Aserai having no direct answer to heavy infantry probably makes them the hardest faction to play right.

Such feedback should be posted in the class feedback section and not here, imo.

Such feedback should be posted in the class feedback section and not here, imo.

Well people were giving lists of factions by rating in MP and I think it's all relatively balanced when all things come together. I'm just pointing out how fragile and flawed the balance is at the moment. An entire faction being basically dependent on a default weapon is a glaring game balance issue imo. Sturgia is easily a top tier faction if not the best in skirmish atm and I think this is mainly because of one single weapon.

Well people were giving lists of factions by rating in MP and I think it's all relatively balanced when all things come together. I'm just pointing out how fragile and flawed the balance is at the moment. An entire faction being basically dependent on a default weapon is a glaring game balance issue imo. Sturgia is easily a top tier faction if not the best in skirmish atm and I think this is mainly because of one single weapon.
Its not balanced enough, sturgia gets most armor on inf, most and best throwing, very strong shield and 1h, one of the best cav. Doubt its due to one item...
they will lose the amor on next patch or whenever the old one goes live (still didnt get a statement for that)

Its not balanced enough, sturgia gets most armor on inf, most and best throwing, very strong shield and 1h, one of the best cav. Doubt its due to one item...
they will lose the amor on next patch or whenever the old one goes live (still didnt get a statement for that)

The problem is more that it is hands down the best melee weapon in the game and it is free. The Imperial Axe costs a perk slot and forces you to give up throwing and many good players still take it because it's great vs other shielders. I doubt nerfing the armor will change much but we will see.

I see it as more of a problem in how they are chosing to balance the game vs the overall balance itself though.

Back
Top Bottom