Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyooo, big tasty meme update, thank you @AVRC for your feedback!! ?

43o23t.jpg
43o1c0.jpg
lol, nice try :smile:

@Callum How are you a community manager and don't even check the forums everyday?????????

Don't go around being passive aggressive when you don't know what my be going on behind the scenes, word for warning.

A warning for everyone else, you can slate multiplayer all you like, but if you truly think that your sarcastic ill-witted comments will help with communication, then you think wrong. There's been more communication on this thread between the community and the developers than almost the entirety of the beta. Sure, we may not be happy with what's been said, but coming out with god-awful comments such as 'Are there any players left in MP?' etc. knowing full well what the answer is, is just awfully antagonistic - if people are going to continue creating snide antagonistic comments, then you'll be warned and it wouldn't surprise me if the community-developer interaction halts.

It's strange that when actual multiplayer questions are asked in this thread without the condescending snide remarks, they usually get answered in some form, and it's strange that when it's just flame you get completely ignored, let's stick to the former and ask some lovely questions.

Last edited:
Hey, as the devs didn't manage to successfully jump on a positivity wave i initiated with others couple of days ago, it then fell apart into a negativity splash :lol:
Next wave hopefully they hop on :wink:

Don't go around being passive aggressive when you don't know what my be going on behind the scenes, word for warning.
Remind me again what causes people to write these comments? Thank you

EDIT: I have nothing against the devs in this game but when you have a job as a community Manager probably you should be checking the forums daily. Well you can correct me if I'm wrong. Also all you can see on this forums is negative comments and threads so I'm pretty sure I didn't write anything special I just asked him a simple question
EDIT: you can also ban me if you want I just don't know what triggered you so much in my comment

Last edited:
It's strange that when actual multiplayer questions are asked in this thread without the condescending snide remarks, they usually get answered in some form, and it's strange that when it's just flame you get completely ignored, let's stick to the former and ask some lovely questions.

Literally the opposite happens. Weeks of sensible and polite questions get ignored or, at best, vague answers and promises that it will be discussed later (TM), while snarky and aggressive comments instantly get responses, from devs here and from Callum in previous times.

At least we know they're reading I guess.

Literally the opposite happens. Weeks of sensible and polite questions get ignored or, at best, vague answers and promises that it will be discussed later (TM), while snarky and aggressive comments instantly get responses, from devs here and from Callum in previous times.

This

Firstly, as I mentioned in one of my first posts, my job is not to respond forum queries 24/7, I try my best to be around when I have the time.
Second, I have no other option than to be vague and give the general idea of the things we are working on because many things are subject to change as they get developed and I don't want to make empty promises.
Third, this is the last time I will ever be making a post 'explaining myself'.

I will keep trying to keep you all updated on what we are working on and reply to question when I have the time. Just because I didn't have time to check the forums for some time doesn't mean it is all abandoned.

We have some interesting stuff lined up to be released soon but I will not give a time frame yet because I don't want riots here the moment the time ends :smile:

Ok, what is it that I didn't respond or 'ignored' that you all want answered?

Firstly, as I mentioned in one of my first posts, my job is not to respond forum queries 24/7, I try my best to be around when I have the time.
Second, I have no other option than to be vague and give the general idea of the things we are working on because many things are subject to change as they get developed and I don't want to make empty promises.

I will keep trying to keep you all updated on what we are working on and reply to question when I have the time. Just because I didn't have time to check the forums for some time doesn't mean it is all abandoned.

We have some interesting stuff lined up to be released soon but I will not give a time frame yet because I don't want riots here the moment the time ends :smile:

The problem is not the communication, it's the subjects. We still try to communicate about things that has been said over and over in beta. And even then, it was not even near to what balance should be. Every update that happened new issues have arisen. There are things that still are not worked out since mid-last year. Javeling melee speed and bad hitboxes, archery supremacy, cavalry, thrown weapons. All these things have been altered but in the end it was a drop in the water.

What would help is this: let us know the direction you try to take. Let us know what you are testing. Give a glimpse of what we will unlock through levelling. With a big disclaimer that THIS IS THE CONCEPT, IT MIGHT CHANGE.

It would be a much more welcoming environment for everyone to talk when we HAVE SOMETHING TO HOPE and plan for. Because right now there is 0.

The problem is not the communication, it's the subjects. We still try to communicate about things that has been said over and over in beta. And even then, it was not even near to what balance should be. Every update that happened new issues have arisen. There are things that still are not worked out since mid-last year. Javeling melee speed and bad hitboxes, archery supremacy, cavalry, thrown weapons. All these things have been altered but in the end it was a drop in the water.

What would help is this: let us know the direction you try to take. Let us know what you are testing. Give a glimpse of what we will unlock through levelling. With a big disclaimer that THIS IS THE CONCEPT, IT MIGHT CHANGE.

It would be a much more welcoming environment for everyone to talk when we HAVE SOMETHING TO HOPE and plan for. Because right now there is 0.
I am busy right now, I will get back to this tomorrow.

Actually i take that back, they don't want to play mp in its current state, best they wait for it to be fixed.

Busy giving more regions servers and matchmaking so they can actually play the game i hope.
Actually i take that back, they don't want to play mp in its current state, best they wait for it to be fixed.

Please know that we are sharing the same feeling as you guys when you can't enjoy the game. We are aware of the server issues and working very hard to fix those issues and improve overall stability. Unfortunately, issues like these are very hard to find and it takes some time to fix and test them properly.

I have a serious question:
Could you consider changing the look of the right/left swing, and up swing for unarmed attacks in order for the two to be more distinctive when performed in the same stance?
vU69s.png
This is even rearview, where you somewhat can tell apart , while from the front it's almost impossible to know where the blow is coming from. Almost impossible to know if the blow comes from the right or from above (depending on stance, the same goes for left and above). I think we would gain much if the direction of incoming attack is more visible. Left arm and body postion are identical, the hitting arm is only some 15cm away depending on attack direction.

Fistfights are really fun, especially with directional blocking and walk mode (caps lock on), and fistfighting tournaments would be a very fun happenings if the above mentioned attacks would be more distinctive visually.

the ability to swing my spear when "un-shielded"
why remove this feature from normal spears?
it's a thrust weapon i know, but also a harassing weapon and deserves some feinting

Menavlion: are too slow and are available in 1 faction only

I don't think anyone expects you, alone, to answer every possible query, and it's understandable (and obvious!) that you have to keep things vague. That sounds like it should be addressed in a systemic way. It's possible to give more information on what's being worked on without giving hard deadlines - and let's face it, TW has never exactly shied away from ignoring deadlines anyway. I don't think anyone would be upset that you said "we are looking into making cav slower" then 2 weeks later say "we were going to do that, but then we instead changed their damage as we found the interaction was better", or whatever - people care a lot more about the thought process than if minor balance tweaks are subject to change or the actual small details. We still know very little about why much of the game is as it is, and what we do know has been dragged out of various devs in stupid 30 page thread arguments exactly like this since beta.

There's obviously some desire (as this thread shows) to interact with the community and let us know stuff - why not formalise that with a regular thread, update, even an hour long Q&A session once a month? It's hardly like every avenue for communication has been explored, although personally I love arguing on the forums so this is actually ideal for me.

As to what has been "ignored", I think the main queries people have are the same as the initial replies to this thread:

-is combat going to receive some real updates and what specifically are the devs looking at as priority? (here, the dev thought process is incredibly important to share)
-are custom servers a priority or even going to happen in the foreseeable future?
-are much loved game modes like duel, DM, and battle in the works?

You may not be best placed to answer these; completely fine! But the community has been asking similar questions for literally a year now without a proper method of communication. Whoever or whatever teams are responsible, can save everyone a headache by being just slightly more transparent on what the plans are.

Back
Top Bottom