Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish siege had autobalance and random factions. Map vote is fine but without autobalance and random factions its very trivial to play siege. Teams usually very uneven (not just in terms of numbers but also skill levels) and the match very onesided. Usually Vlandia vs. X or visa versa.

I wish siege had autobalance and random factions. Map vote is fine but without autobalance and random factions its very trivial to play siege. Teams usually very uneven (not just in terms of numbers but also skill levels) and the match very onesided.
Once again: Siege and tdm or any other purely casual mode don't need autobalance based on skill level, because it doesn't serve any purpose.
Usually Vlandia vs. X or visa versa
That's actually a weird how often Vlandia is voted in siege and tdm, even tho they aren't that great anymore, but it doesn't really matter much in the end.

That's actually a weird how often Vlandia is voted in siege and tdm, even tho they aren't that great anymore, but it doesn't really matter much in the end.
An archer-heavy team composition can win matches with significantly less effort than say a team with a nice balance of infantry/archers/cavalry, and Vlandia's probably the best faction at spamming archers.

I still think that the Sharpshooter could use a bit of a nerf in the form of making longbows his default/faster weapon, with the Arbelist's Hickory Crossbow/Strong Bolt replacing the Arbalest/default bolt combo. This will most likely require a bolt that's stronger than the Strong Bolt to make ammo upgrades on a crossbow perk more meaningful (maybe a damage increase from 76 to 80. For reference, Arbalest w/ standard bolts is 85), though IMO, it should come with the penalty of only having 20 bolts vs the 30/35 found on most quivers.

And if we ignore TaleWorlds' intentional imbalancing regarding archers vs other classes, the Voulgier's probably one of the better shock troops in the game. Sure, their two-handed weapons are slower than most other classes, though I'm starting to think that the Voulge is actually typed as a blunt weapon w/ the cut damage being for cosmetic purposes. Combine that with the fact that it's much faster than every other 2h blunt weapon in the game more than makes up for the lack of crush through damage.

Haven't really found out how to use the billhook effectively, cuz from all the times i used it, it feels like a shadow of its former self back in the peasant shock troop days.

Sergeant is also fairly standard, though the having of the 2H sword perk independent from weapon selections does allow for a lot of flexibility that other classes don't have during infantry v infantry fights (Mace/2h sword to deal with most enemy types, or axe/2h sword if you REALLY don't like shields)

I do agree that some classes could be looked at, however. Can't really comment on the cavalry units since they seem about as samey as the 110 cost archers of other factions.

Last edited:
I think that fair matches are a purpse in itself.
Fair matches are probably not gonna be a thing for a long time if TaleWorlds is going to insist on having certain imbalances in place. I might go back to playing Warband since Bannerlord players usually lack the honor to not spam an overpowered class.

Last edited:
@Klebari it has been almost a year now since TWs posted a thread about what they are planning on doing for the game in the next little while. Just for pretext I planned on ranting on this forum but decided I'll try to appeal to you people despite the fact I never see any devs respond to people on the MP forums anymore.

What direction is MP going? Are you going to add new server regions? Are you going to add new gamemodes and maps like idk something crazy like 1-life mode? Are you going to fix the current combat issues in the game such as the insane accuracy of bows where you have basically given noobs aim assist; I just got out of a game where I killed 12 people with a bow in about 15 seconds, most of which were ****ing flick shots...? Pikes are another issue where is it common to receive 60+ damage from a pike despite you being face to face with the user and the head of the pike being 7 feet behind you. The stability of servers have been TERRIBLE as well and I have no idea if you are working to solve that issue or if you are just tuning us out.

PLS for the love of god respond, this is me being nice, hell I only sweared once which is incredible.

Can we get some info on the ranked matchmaking and the ranks for skirmish in the game? Did TW start working on it?
Also some games like World of Tanks have ranked matchmaking but it's only solo queue. I think there shouldn't be parties bigger than 2 people in ranked skirmish because it will cause all the strong players to stack together and thus boosting their ranks at the expense of people who solo queue.
Another issue is the low player base. How will it work? There is like 70-80 players playing at peak in skirmish EU and separating it into casual and ranked skirmish it will only lower the playerbase further. However, atm matchmaker put 2 good players with 4 bad vs 6 good who aren't stacking. The whole system needs to be reworked. But putting 3 good players on both side with 3 bad players will still be a large improvement.
@NIN3

Hey devs, I think that the Siege gamemode needs to be reworked at a fundamental level. We all see what you were trying to do with the flag system reminiscent of a Conquest or King of the Hill gamemode. However it only causes defenders to become extremely spread out, and for back-capping to be a real nuisance. Of course the first thing I try to do every game of siege is fight past the first line of defenders and backcap flags E, F, and G.

I propose that you change the gamemode to be more of a "staged" event. Where the fighting is concentrated outside the walls, in the trenches and field outside of the castle with 1 or 2 flags to be taken by the attackers before the next stage is triggered. Then fighting moves to the Walls and first courtyard, again with 1-3 flags that need to be secured. And finally the battle for the inner wall/ courtyard/ keep with 1 flag.

Other members of the NA community I have spoken to have voiced support for such a change to the workings of Siege. Siege is the only gamemode where healthy numbers of players participate in the NA scene and I would like to see the details that need fixing given proper attention. Another thing that would help enjoyment would be Team-damage. We are all tired of being mobbed by unskilled zombies with keyboards who are stuck in auto-spam. Suprisingly when I brought this up in a Siege map today, there as wide support from the different skill levels coming from Siege and MP regulars to random NEWBS. Pls consider this post, and keep the updates coming.

Hey devs, I think that the Siege gamemode needs to be reworked at a fundamental level. We all see what you were trying to do with the flag system reminiscent of a Conquest or King of the Hill gamemode. However it only causes defenders to become extremely spread out, and for back-capping to be a real nuisance. Of course the first thing I try to do every game of siege is fight past the first line of defenders and backcap flags E, F, and G.

I propose that you change the gamemode to be more of a "staged" event. Where the fighting is concentrated outside the walls, in the trenches and field outside of the castle with 1 or 2 flags to be taken by the attackers before the next stage is triggered. Then fighting moves to the Walls and first courtyard, again with 1-3 flags that need to be secured. And finally the battle for the inner wall/ courtyard/ keep with 1 flag.

Other members of the NA community I have spoken to have voiced support for such a change to the workings of Siege. Siege is the only gamemode where healthy numbers of players participate in the NA scene and I would like to see the details that need fixing given proper attention. Another thing that would help enjoyment would be Team-damage. We are all tired of being mobbed by unskilled zombies with keyboards who are stuck in auto-spam. Suprisingly when I brought this up in a Siege map today, there as wide support from the different skill levels coming from Siege and MP regulars to random NEWBS. Pls consider this post, and keep the updates coming.
+1, siege really has issues with the flags, i get why it was done but it's simply annoying.

I though a system like rising storm 2 vietnam would be a good system where you contest a big section of a zone and hold it for like a minute for it to be yours. Kind of morale except it isn't a damn awful flag. And it advanced 2 zones at a time

Back
Top Bottom