Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Wait, so the beta patch contains Duel mode... but we won't get to play Duel at all until the main branch is updated to 1.6.0? Why? I understand that you include it in the patch notes since you intend to include Duel mode in the main 1.6.0 patch, but... why not let the community beta test the mode after you fix the critical issues it seems to have had for the past 2 years?
Because this is the malderfunking Bannerlord experience baby :lol:
giphy.gif

Finishing up on a big MP patch, significant changes to combat and troops overall. Final testing and adjustments going on.
Glad to hear this! What do you mean by combat would be changed? Ik this might be spoiling but I can't wait!! haha. The troops overall sounds great! Are we expecting new weapons and armours? Or the same but balanced?

Hey guys, longtime fan and vet of the series, absolutely love you all for making my dream games (yes plural due to infinite moddability) come true. I have a small request that I was hoping one of your team could maybe bring up in discussions about the next MP patches in the works. I'm personally a huge fan of Captain Mode, and Commander Battle before it and I am desperately longing for this game mode to receive an update at the moment. I think what it really needs for a breath of fresh air is one new map that is very open and plains like, to allow people to really experiment with archers and skirmishers to their full potential as at the moment most of the maps are either too small or so filled with obstructions ranged weapons are rarely effective. A map like this would be fun for cavalry as well. The other change would probably be more difficult to implement due to optimization but I think it would really revitalize the gameplay in a great way. That change would be to ever so slightly increase the unit sizes that we are allowed to control in Captain Mode. I think a good standard for your baseline infantry unit should be around 30, with elite units decreasing in quantity from that number. Cav could be set at around 13-15 to even it out as well. Just my thoughts, and I look forward to seeing what the future of Bannerlord brings for us all. Thanks for your time.
I totally agree with the fact that the players should have more troops ! Captain Mode is my main game mode and I fill like nothing changed since the before early access beta expected the fact that we lost the diversity that used to be in the classes between each faction... ( and that the soldiers now know how to use lances against cav )

- mele cav needs a better AI
- archers should be able to shoot a specific target
- infantry with javelins should be able to shoot a specific target
- the position points that TW are using in the sieges in solo to positions archers on the walls should be a thing in captain mode maps. For exemple, it could be used at the top of the cliffs on the desert map so that all the archers should be able to shoot at the village and the destroyed castle without being forced to stay in line or to charge to shoot properly. With this change, players should be able to see the position points by pressing ALT. (it would be great to see the position positions in solo too)

I have a question ☝️

Will the voice chat in game be like a "CS:GO" voice chat or like a "Hold Fast: Nations at War"/"War of Rights" one ?
No one has been able to test yet, but I'm assuming it'll be more like CS:GO. I doubt the voice chat will be proximity based though that would be cool.

@AVRC Are you able to say whether voice-chat will be coming to other modes beside Skirmish too?

No one has been able to test yet, but I'm assuming it'll be more like CS:GO. I doubt the voice chat will be proximity based though that would be cool.

@AVRC Are you able to say whether voice-chat will be coming to other modes beside Skirmish too?
We are doing some performance tests for Captain since Captain Mode is much harder on the servers with AI agents. We are planning to have it on captain as well.

We have some plans for crowded modes as well but we want to get it properly working in the competitive modes first. We will add more functionality as time goes on.

We are doing some performance tests for Captain since Captain Mode is much harder on the servers with AI agents. We are planning to have it on captain as well.

We have some plans for crowded modes as well but we want to get it properly working in the competitive modes first. We will add more functionality as time goes on.
Happy to hear Captain mode is being worked, that gamemode has so much potential if it could be use in large scale, like Napoleonic Wars; but I am curious about why did you refer to "crowded modes" when obviously you are talking about TDM and Sieges. Perhaps there is a plan to introduce voice-chat on with the long waiting Battle mode? Its been a while since we have any info about this gamemode, we dont know if you are still working on it, but I hope so. Last time we hear about it date back January:

Hey so just to clear things up, this is roughly what we have in mind for the battle mode design. I wont go into to much detail as some things are subbject to change. This is just to clear things up before this discussion goes off into to many directions.

We'll definetly only give players a single life per round. Otherwise your suggestion isnt to far of from what we had in mind:

Imagine Battle to be like one life Skirmish, but without the 12 player cap and with a “TDM like” gold system, that rewards you for your performance. Similar to M&B Warband, where you get gold for kills. In Bannerlord we expanded on this, so you'll not only get gold for kills, but also for assists and other things like staying alive. The amount of gold you get is dependent on the difference in value between yours and the opponents class. (You get more money for killing high value troops, and you'll get even more for doing it with a cheap class)

Your starting money and rewards are quite different to the current TDM model.

So you'll pretty much always be able to play most of the light and medium classes. If you want to play some elite class, you'll need to perform well to be able to afford it again, or perform ok but stay alive. It hinders the slippery slope you sometimes found yourself on in M&B Warband Battle, giving you loads of comback potential when playing cheaper troops (since you get more money and the opponents get less for killing you).

We hope this will lead to somewhat balanced teams, in terms of their troop composition.
Surely I am overthinking, but it could be great to have news about it. I hope there could be a voice-chat by proximity for those "Crowded modes", it would be a great feature to make these games more memorables.

A stupid thought crossed my mind during a very specific lull in Bannerlord's playerbase: What if... EVERY weapon was throwable? I imagine it'd throw the balance of a lot of things, though it'd probably also be a welcome archer nerf (Let's see him backpedal away from a thrown two-handed axe)
Why aren’t more people talking about this

It would be really cool if it was easier to dodge throwables. The characters move really slowly, so it would need to be blockable or you could just point blank throw to bypass blocks. I personally think it'd be cool and the mechanic seemed to have worked out nice in Chivalry 2.

A lot of people will wave it off though as they don't like any sort of change.

Back
Top Bottom