Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Considering what TaleWorlds has planned for 1.6.0 (universal javelin thrower nerf, cavalry balance adjustments), I think this might end up being the tier list when the patch rolls out.

fJzORMK.png

Elevated Vlandia from A+ to S because throwing axes will likely be unaffected, meaning that the Volgier will probably be a better javelin thrower than actual javelin throwers while simultaneously being the second best shock troops in the game. On top of this, they'd still have the best peasant unit in the game and that's not because they only cost 80 points to spawn as either (that pitchfork is actually a pretty strong kontos if you can steal a horse off a dead cavalry unit). Also, i don't think TaleWorlds plans on addressing why the Sharpshooter is overpowered.

Universal javelin infantry nerfs will likely push Aserai down from B to C since they'll not only be lacking a proper heavy infantry unit, they'll also lose their best foot soldier too since the Skirmisher will lose a fair chunk of his effectiveness in melee.

And Empire being D tier is due to me thinking that the javelin infantry nerfs will hurt the Recruit the most, seeing that he's also the faction's peasant unit. So on top of the Menavlion Infantry getting nerfed several months back, he'll once again have the downside of having a very crippling means of punishing players who die as him and you'll not want to touch any of the more expensive units since it's much harder to recover from dying as a Legionary

And Sturgia dropping down to F tier is due to the Brigand no longer being able to carry the faction

Last edited:
Considering what TaleWorlds has planned for 1.6.0 (universal javelin thrower nerf, cavalry balance adjustments), I think this might end up being the tier list when the patch rolls out.

fJzORMK.png
tenor.gif

No sir I cannot explain this idiocy, but I will try. Your probably referencing TDM but there is literally no reason to balance TDM because by it's nature it's a completely casual mode. In any case Khuzait and Empire would be S+ simply because of their cav menavlions/glaives alone.

"sharpshooter is overpowered" is definitely one of the most absurd statements I've seen recently, crossbows are absolutely gutted :lol:

In any case rating a faction lower in tier simply because of a javelin losing 10 dmg is just lunacy, those javelins don't do a lot of damage in the first place and in most skirmish situations are used to either interrupt a swing/block from afar or start wearing a horse down. I can't remember the last time I played TDM and thought "That guy would have died if my javelin did a little more damage"

fJzORMK.png

Elevated Vlandia from A+ to S because throwing axes will likely be unaffected, meaning that the Volgier will probably be a better javelin thrower than actual javelin throwers while simultaneously being the second best shock troops in the game. On top of this, they'd still have the best peasant unit in the game and that's not because they only cost 80 points to spawn as either (that pitchfork is actually a pretty strong kontos if you can steal a horse off a dead cavalry unit). Also, i don't think TaleWorlds plans on addressing why the Sharpshooter is overpowered.

Universal javelin infantry nerfs will likely push Aserai down from B to C since they'll not only be lacking a proper heavy infantry unit, they'll also lose their best foot soldier too since the Skirmisher will lose a fair chunk of his effectiveness in melee.

And Empire being D tier is due to me thinking that the javelin infantry nerfs will hurt the Recruit the most, seeing that he's also the faction's peasant unit. So on top of the Menavlion Infantry getting nerfed several months back, he'll once again have the downside of having a very crippling means of punishing players who die as him and you'll not want to touch any of the more expensive units since it's much harder to recover from dying as a Legionary

And Sturgia dropping down to F tier is due to the Brigand no longer being able to carry the faction
just no

In any case rating a faction lower in tier simply because of a javelin losing 10 dmg is just lunacy, those javelins don't do a lot of damage in the first place and in most skirmish situations are used to either interrupt a swing/block from afar or start wearing a horse down
From my understanding of what TaleWorlds has laid out for their plans, I think they mean that javelin throwers will be less effective at swinging their swords/axes/maces in the next update, not that the thrusting damage of javelins will be reduced.

Do you still complaining like " X faction(or class)better than Y " ? Factions must have strong and weak points. And, with an advanced mastery system, there could be any posibilty for all in case of power. Its up to you(that enpower class) & your field luck. Just as fun & reasonable freedom at balance. (non-casual balance)

Do you still complaining like " X faction(or class)better than Y " ? Factions must have strong and weak points. And, with an advanced mastery system, there could be any posibilty for all in case of power. Its up to you(that enpower class) & your field luck. Just as fun & reasonable freedom at balance. (non-casual balance)
From what i can gather, TaleWorlds seems to have a very specific vision in mind for multiplayer that I seem to have a disagreement with. That vision that they have seems to include pushing Sturgia into the garbage bin and I think I recall people on this forum mentioning the eventual return of archer dominance due to the plans they've laid out.

Dude.. This is just endless complaining chain.

LoL does it because it has +100heroes, & even it did removed some fanbase( nerfing characteristic advantage, tries to make all similar). First seasans were much more valuable.

Now, i hope TW stops trying to make all factions(classes) similar under its current 'balance' policy.

TW should give all factions to their culturel factors. & also, they should give all faction classes their positive-negative characteristics. Then, with an advanced Mastery sistem.. All they need to do is adding more perks/mastery objects in time with much easier/wise balance.

i have to conclude, i don think assymetrical factions meta is good idea at all... I mean with VERY proper developers such a geometrical figure can exist in MP, but Bannerlord mp barely has a devs at all so assymetry of factions is one of the worst fails in game...

I mean, in every mode now there are totally different and cemented factions charts, and "deadweight" Sturgia faction, according to flashn00b (i guess he speaks from skirmish perspective), is ultra strong in siege mode instead, breaking every defence with a fist of steel

In place of devs, i would remake class system to a new, almost similar meta classes for all factions, like medium infantry/medium archers, and make all other classes being more supportive classes for this new meta, depending on faction gimmick (heavy cav for empire, heavy archers for battania, etc.)

tenor.gif

No sir I cannot explain this idiocy, but I will try. Your probably referencing TDM but there is literally no reason to balance TDM because by it's nature it's a completely casual mode. In any case Khuzait and Empire would be S+ simply because of their cav menavlions/glaives alone.

"sharpshooter is overpowered" is definitely one of the most absurd statements I've seen recently, crossbows are absolutely gutted :lol:

In any case rating a faction lower in tier simply because of a javelin losing 10 dmg is just lunacy, those javelins don't do a lot of damage in the first place and in most skirmish situations are used to either interrupt a swing/block from afar or start wearing a horse down. I can't remember the last time I played TDM and thought "That guy would have died if my javelin did a little more damage"
Yes but an entire unit of Sharpshooters can eventually kill a lone Glaivecav at point-blank range and are therefore overpowered, need nerf.

Nothing should be able to kill the glorious Lancer/Menavcav, its unrealistic. The perfect battlefield counter to any army was to send one guy with a horse and knife on a stick, then watch them spin around in circles and headshot each other.

Imagine waiting months for these changes only to realise that none of them have been implemented yet.

4 months passed and nothing.
And in the next 2 patches you will add 10% of what you promised. Good job Taleworlds I suppose by the end of 2023 you will finish MP Vol.5.

Did the new beta patch include any changes to balancing? Duel mode seems decent though the game already plays like a duel with the one or two players left. I think balancing and evening out the mechanics would do a lot more the games health than a redundant mode.

I understand that the new mode, and VoIP would take a lot of work to implement, but I still feel like you guys are focusing all your energy in the wrong areas.

Did the new beta patch include any changes to balancing? Duel mode seems decent though the game already plays like a duel with the one or two players left. I think balancing and evening out the mechanics would do a lot more the games health than a redundant mode.

I understand that the new mode, and VoIP would take a lot of work to implement, but I still feel like you guys are focusing all your energy in the wrong areas.
What kind of balance you need?

Are you at side of:
Nerfing cav & buffing archers?
or
Nerfing archers & buffing cav?
(u can see there is more opposite sides as these)

Or even;
do you need change as: blade's damage increased to 102 from 100 ?

These are just endless balance touches that will never stop, and some sides will stay unhappy untill you make every single classes almost same = which means a boring gameplay.

We need balance within free customization. This will provide each character advantages & disadvantages from an equal poll. And, we will like our chracter much more & we will cooperate much more. At the end, balance will be there without endless change, and fun gameplay will shine.

Last edited:
What kind of balance you need?

Are you at side of:
Nerfing cav & buffing archers?
or
Nerfing archers & buffing cav?
(u can see there is more opposite sides as these)

Or even;
do you need change as: blade's damage increased to 102 from 100 ?

These are just endless balance touches that will never stop, and some sides will stay unhappy untill you make every single classes almost same = which means a boring gameplay.

We need balance within free customization. This will provide each character advantages & disadvantages from an equal poll. And, we will like our chracter much more & we will cooperate much more. At the end, balance will be there without endless change, and fun gameplay will shine.
I'm not going to act like I know the exact parameters to change, but just in general I want a balance that is actually fun. At the moment now, so much of your success just depends on class selection rather than any sort of strategy or skill. I'm talking an entire re-work of the balance here.

Free customization would help so, so much, but I'm not holding out hope for TW to do anything along those lines anymore, at the very least give us something that is fun and fair.

Thats it. You know what you need & you can see it. You just dont have enough hope.

TW, in specificly AVRC, should work for this. The potantial is amazing. Worth to burn sources.

I have a bit hope.

Back
Top Bottom