Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

By the time the server files are out, we will have an M&B3 announcement. Can we finally get at least some kind of eta for the servers? It has been a year @Callum @azakhi
More importantly some russian hyped up on vodka has managed to get his own mod running 4 servers in different regions with 1200 capacity on each one sooner than they've given us even a hint of an ETA.

More importantly some russian hyped up on vodka has managed to get his own mod running 4 servers in different regions with 1200 capacity on each one sooner than they've given us even a hint of an ETA.

That is basically the reason why I came up with the question. While I don't dare to assume how easy or hard it is to develop and release server files and module for consumers, we've waited enough. Servers should have been MP priority prior to day one and we don't even have an idea whether we'll get access to it before the end of EA. From what I see, the game might as well stay in EA for another year.

They told us an ETA, "by the end of EA" afaik, which could be anything really ?

They told us an ETA, "by the end of EA" afaik, which could be anything really ?
That is pretty much the equivalent of saying that Custom Servers are going to be released in this lifetime of ours.

If we get lucky we might get to play multiplayer when we are grandpas

Please guys do not ask awkward questions :iamamoron: .

giphy.gif

Taleworlds headquarters, Circa EA - colorized.

That is basically the reason why I came up with the question. While I don't dare to assume how easy or hard it is to develop and release server files and module for consumers, we've waited enough. Servers should have been MP priority prior to day one and we don't even have an idea whether we'll get access to it before the end of EA. From what I see, the game might as well stay in EA for another 10 years.
Fixed.

Probably for the best that it does stay in EA for another decade. ? I kind of already came to peace with the fact it would do.
Games can't stay in development forever, it would be a constant upgrade of systems to try and keep up with the newest games. I genuinely think they will full release this year or early next year but it will be a massive disappointment for some people after so much hype IMO.

Games can't stay in development forever, it would be a constant upgrade of systems to try and keep up with the newest games. I genuinely think they will full release this year or early next year but it will be a massive disappointment for some people after so much hype IMO.
To be fair though Rimworld was in EA for 5-6 years and if anything that can be considered an EA success. Similar situation with 7 days to die. That game is still in EA somehow.

I personally hope Bannerlord is another slow burn EA and Taleworlds don't release it for another 2 years at least. Releasing it within the next 6 months would be a disaster. I feel confident however that not even TW know when they will be coming out of EA (and for once this is actually a good thing).

Embrace the doom that bannerlord is, yes join us.
My opinion's haven't really changed - I've always been disappointed how unfinished bannerlord was after 8 freaking years... I waited long enough. Also I'm sick of EA titles in general... I just want people to stop insulting the dev's. They are such nice guys and they are working hard - It's just this project is waaay behind schedule.

The most important thing to me is Kingdom of Arda is given everything it needs to be a success. That project is my dream game - since I played that Minis Tirith level on the Return of the King game 15 years ago about 100x over. I even offered to donate but they humbly refused; saying money complicates things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom