Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

hmm I know just seems like they don't care about multiplayer rofl... I would be extremely disappointed if they don't go up to 200 as a minimum I was kinda hoping/ expecting 300-400 slots but heh guess we can't expect that.
Same. 200 would already be really nice, but even more would be even better. 150v150 battles would be absolutely sick

when custom servers come out we can have all the changes we want, they need to implement more stuff before they can release them so lets just endure these weird game changes until we get our chance to change any rule we want,

i hope someone will put back the gold system and take out class selection completely in favor of a universal soldier that can choose any equipment and mount,

and change armor to realisticly deflect arrows

Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Customization System which allows the players to unlock new pieces of armor by playing and customize their characters.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode.
Who cares about voice-chat when there is no private servers to host and not even South American servers... MP is pretty much dead and will continue until that gets fix.

Also, the most 2 important features of MP (which made Warband MP so fun and replayable) are put "further down the road".... Shameful

Tip: To implement battle mode without the snowballing problem just add a loss gold bonus just as CS GO does, same concept.

I'm waiting for just one all-important feature, and I believe the most important feature of all. It's what made me get "stuck in" with Warband.

Permanent map rotation. You join a game, and then maps keep on rotating on an endless loop. I could lose myself for hours.

You'd get to somehow "know" the players you fought with and against.

Now the game ends after 10 minutes or so - and you're back into queuing.

Did taleworlds ever host their own servers on warband?

When I first started playing warband multiplayer, it was entirely player made custom servers. Hopefully taleworld's esports style multiplayer modes will not dictate the format of custom servers when they are released.

Did taleworlds ever host their own servers on warband?

When I first started playing warband multiplayer, it was entirely player made custom servers. Hopefully taleworld's esports style multiplayer modes will not dictate the format of custom servers when they are released.
About this e-sport thing, are these rumours or did TW actually say they want to host esport event etc?

They were definitely going to E-Sports for a while. I mean look at the format of Captain and Skirmish, besides TW already hosts tournaments and **** in warband
Sure, its definitely an esports direction when you compare it to other competitive esports. Thats not inherently bad, and it could attract more players to grow our small multiplayer community, but it is what kills the special feeling of warband multiplayer. Thats part of why I'd like to know if taleworlds ever hosted servers in the early warband days, and how much they influenced what multiplayer became. I'm content to let tw do their own thing on official servers as long as that framework doesn't restrict the ability for custom servers to fully replicate what we had in warband.

I can give a 1 hour power point presentation as to why this game isnt focused on esports.

Unless the marketing guy somehow didn't participate in those meetings, i'd be fairly certain the multiplayer is designed to be e-sports like.

TTJST.png

Unless the marketing guy somehow didn't participate in those meetings, i'd be fairly certain the multiplayer is designed to be e-sports like.

TTJST.png
If all we have to go by is an instagram hashtag Id say the proof is incredibly light.

The class system doesnt make it better for competitive in any way, considering the only way to make a game esports is to have a high viewership, and the class system in no way helps that.
They take away the ability for players to customize their setup, making it incredibly difficult to analyse decisions. Removing the ability to upgrade makes any form of individuality vanish, the casters/analysts cant look at oh look at this infantry he decided to upgrade his head armor, knowing that the archery force on the enemy team have been picking off heads left and right, a smart decision! Thats gone now.
With all the classes in the game, it makes it alot more confusing for people watching, instead of having 3 easily distinguished classes, theres now 7, and while there are differences, some of them are hard to distinguish easily. The icons at the top of the screen dont help that either, having a tiny tiny, literally in some cases only a pixel or 2 differences in the icon of the class.

No spectator client still, will most likely have to wait for summer to see even the basic version of it, and a more complex version would probably take a full year, when a friend of mine could code one in I dunno, couple of weeks?

No skill based matchmaking, the very basic for a competitive community to thrieve.

No prize pools (its early anyway but if that was the focus, I dont see why not, especially since TW have been giving out prizes for bannerlord already)

Theres way more, even within the class system to touch on, but theres no way esport is at all a priority, its not even an afterthrough. The way it feels is more in the likes of "If it happens, it happens, but we're not gonna push for it"
So it wont happen.

If all we have to go by is an instagram hashtag Id say the proof is incredibly light.

The class system doesnt make it better for competitive in any way, considering the only way to make a game esports is to have a high viewership, and the class system in no way helps that.
They take away the ability for players to customize their setup, making it incredibly difficult to analyse decisions. Removing the ability to upgrade makes any form of individuality vanish, the casters/analysts cant look at oh look at this infantry he decided to upgrade his head armor, knowing that the archery force on the enemy team have been picking off heads left and right, a smart decision! Thats gone now.
With all the classes in the game, it makes it alot more confusing for people watching, instead of having 3 easily distinguished classes, theres now 7, and while there are differences, some of them are hard to distinguish easily. The icons at the top of the screen dont help that either, having a tiny tiny, literally in some cases only a pixel or 2 differences in the icon of the class.

No spectator client still, will most likely have to wait for summer to see even the basic version of it, and a more complex version would probably take a full year, when a friend of mine could code one in I dunno, couple of weeks?

No skill based matchmaking, the very basic for a competitive community to thrieve.

No prize pools (its early anyway but if that was the focus, I dont see why not, especially since TW have been giving out prizes for bannerlord already)

Theres way more, even within the class system to touch on, but theres no way esport is at all a priority, its not even an afterthrough. The way it feels is more in the likes of "If it happens, it happens, but we're not gonna push for it"
So it wont happen.
Instagram is not the only proof you have to go by i mean seriously, from the way the multiplayer has been designed do you not see it?

They have decided to add 2 gamemodes which are both competitive / esports focused there is no denying that, and they've decided to put it on the front of the game. When you talk about bannerlord multiplayer, one of the first if not first thing you hear about it skirmish of captain. They have clearly decided to push forward with it.

They have an underlying skill based matchmaking but it is still barebones and not even considering looking at.

My point is that it doesn't matter if it's finished or not. You can see at the foundations they are trying to start up a competitive scene. You don't have to see the pool completely finished to know it's a pool. You can tell by the big hole they dug in the ground in the shape of a pool.

Also the class system is a completely different thing. It was clearly designed for more competitive games, it failed in practice that is for sure. But you really have to be taking me for an idiot if you want to make me believe this class system was designed to be fun for the casual players. Especially considering the only gamemodes it works on is skirmish and captain which AGAIN has been specifically designed for a competitive scene.

Instagram is not the only proof you have to go by i mean seriously, from the way the multiplayer has been designed do you not see it?

They have decided to add 2 gamemodes which are both competitive / esports focused there is no denying that, and they've decided to put it on the front of the game. When you talk about bannerlord multiplayer, one of the first if not first thing you hear about it skirmish of captain. They have clearly decided to push forward with it.

They have an underlying skill based matchmaking but it is still barebones and not even considering looking at.

My point is that it doesn't matter if it's finished or not. You can see at the foundations they are trying to start up a competitive scene. You don't have to see the pool completely finished to know it's a pool. You can tell by the big hole they dug in the ground in the shape of a pool.

Also the class system is a completely different thing. It was clearly designed for more competitive games, it failed in practice that is for sure. But you really have to be taking me for an idiot if you want to make me believe this class system was designed to be fun for the casual players. Especially considering the only gamemodes it works on is skirmish and captain which AGAIN has been specifically designed for a competitive scene.
Theres also TDM and Siege which are definitly not competitive.
If you talk about bannerlord multiplayer on say, reddit or somewhere else I reckon they talk about either singleplayer or siege.

As I'm writing this, 12 people in the entire world is queuing. So....

No it was designed to be easy and quick for the developers to make balancing. Basically lazyness, because it doesnt fit a competitive format either. It does fit Captain, but not Skirmish.

Why would they be gearing towards esports whilst simultaneously not speaking to any competitive players through the entire of development (I guess there was Lust but he left), not inviting competitive players to beta first, and then dismiss most of their feedback? At the early stages they claimed Skirmish as it currently is was the "casual" version; considering the lack of emerging competitive version, I assume this was just indecision.

Nothing about the current state of multiplayer indicates pure focus on esports. What it does indicate is a confused and flawed approach to multiplayer with competing visions. Even armagan has stated their goal was only to combine fun gameplay with physics based combat.

Just state that it is flawed. There's no point trying to find the one true reason it's a bit of a mess (last time it was skins).

Theres also TDM and Siege which are definitly not competitive.
If you talk about bannerlord multiplayer on say, reddit or somewhere else I reckon they talk about either singleplayer or siege.

As I'm writing this, 12 people in the entire world is queuing. So....

No it was designed to be easy and quick for the developers to make balancing. Basically lazyness, because it doesnt fit a competitive format either. It does fit Captain, but not Skirmish.
I am not talking about the success *cough failure* of it. I am talking strictly about the fact they TRIED to do it, with a bit of casual inbetween.

Why would they be gearing towards esports whilst simultaneously not speaking to any competitive players through the entire of development (I guess there was Lust but he left), not inviting competitive players to beta first, and then dismiss most of their feedback? At the early stages they claimed Skirmish as it currently is was the "casual" version; considering the lack of emerging competitive version, I assume this was just indecision.

Nothing about the current state of multiplayer indicates pure focus on esports. What it does indicate is a confused and flawed approach to multiplayer with competing visions. Even armagan has stated their goal was only to combine fun gameplay with physics based combat.

Just state that it is flawed. There's no point trying to find the one true reason it's a bit of a mess (last time it was skins).
You're asking why a studio who is out of touch with its community hasn't tried to talk to the competitive scene?

I didn't say it failed because they aimed to be an esports, i am saying they failed because they are out of touch with mount and blade multiplayer and it's diverse playerbase, which they failed to cater to any.

Back
Top Bottom