Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Team chat only for Skirmish and Captain.
As in: Voice chat in skirmish and captain will be team only, and proxy for all other game modes?
Or: Voice chat is only in skirmish and captain, and will team only?
Because if it's the second one, that would be the most TW thing ever.

Also, that sig. "Unreleased", lol.

As in: Voice chat in skirmish and captain will be team only, and proxy for all other game modes?

Reads like a copypasta

This is an UNRELEASED game, you just have EARLY ACCESS to it while it is STILL UNDER DEVEOPLMENT.
No individual patch is the FINAL STATE of the game, it is GETTING BUILT and being ADJUSTED as DEVELOPMENT CONTINUES.

0GjCATY.png

Nice to be working hardly and tiredlessly on Single Player Mode. On Skirmish as well.
A shame that Mount and Blade brand specific "Captains Mode" doesn't receive so much love, passion and innovatons. Most of multiplayer was Captains Mode, but due to it being always forgotten and badly affected by other modes patches, see less and less player due to it being frequently bugged, frequently crashing and less and less active while to many it was the best mode. To be honest Skirmish is overrun with PvP clans nd players, Siege is nice but more individual, while Captains Mode like the unique mode requires not only good skils, awareness, troops commanding, tactical and strategical thinking AND also relies on every single player to cooperate on a battle field, while also commanding his troops.
That could be the best thing in the world.

TaleWorlds - will you consider Captains Mode at some point? Most of old school Bannerlord players just left the boat due to that.

Nice to be working hardly and tiredlessly on Single Player Mode. On Skirmish as well.
A shame that Mount and Blade brand specific "Captains Mode" doesn't receive so much love, passion and innovatons. Most of multiplayer was Captains Mode, but due to it being always forgotten and badly affected by other modes patches, see less and less player due to it being frequently bugged, frequently crashing and less and less active while to many it was the best mode. To be honest Skirmish is overrun with PvP clans nd players, Siege is nice but more individual, while Captains Mode like the unique mode requires not only good skils, awareness, troops commanding, tactical and strategical thinking AND also relies on every single player to cooperate on a battle field, while also commanding his troops.
That could be the best thing in the world.

TaleWorlds - will you consider Captains Mode at some point? Most of old school Bannerlord players just left the boat due to that.
From five years ago:

I haven't played Skirmish myself much, but if it's anything like Battle mode, there's just as much "good skills, awareness, troops commanding, tactical and strategical thinking AND also relies on every single player to cooperate on a battle field". It's just that every one of those troops are real people rather than most of them being a swarm of robots.

I genuinely want to know why a coop sandbox is not coming to Bannerlord ? just why ? is it so hard ? a modder is doing and a whole team is saying that is too hard , honestly i thin yall just lazy

Has there been any update on an ETA for support for dedicated servers recently? I apologize if this has been answered already, I've been out of the loop for a while.
No. I have not either had response if this will be here for full release.

Their reasons: they can gather data easier. And they will change so much stuff in the future that it will not be a stable experience, take too much dev time etc.

Has there been any update on an ETA for support for dedicated servers recently? I apologize if this has been answered already, I've been out of the loop for a while.
No. I have not either had response if this will be here for full release.

Their reasons: they can gather data easier. And they will change so much stuff in the future that it will not be a stable experience, take too much dev time etc.
cRPG, FI2, and Mercs and the occational NW was probably about 99% of my couple thousand hours of game time, so I'm as frustrated as anyone loving MP mods. And I'm definitely not the only one.

Honestly I'm pretty sure having custom servers would without doubt attract many of the huge MP population from Warband to Bannerlord. The most terrible thing about not having custom servers is that MP modders can't even begin making the mods (which in some cases will take a huge amount of time) before we get those custom servers.
We have absolutely no idea when we *might* be getting those.
When EA ends (which is at some unknown point ?‍♂️)? 1 year after release? Soon™? Hopefully sooner since it's apparent what the MP mods and even Native custom servers and their communities did for Warband. The biggest mods in MP would attract hundreds of disillusioned Warband vets into Bannerlord straight off the bat.
If we get the custom servers maybe 1 or 2 years from now, we will get the bigger mods in 3. It's rediculous that the MP mod community are forced to just sit here not knowing whether we will have those mods some day in the next decade or not.

So does this only work if I tag people? @AVRC sorry to tag, but I'm quite curious.

Does anyone find 2handed weapons seem to delete shields way too easily? I've seen the billhook do it, and the rhomphobia and I feel like that sort of power should be reserved for axes. It might be that I'm not choosing the strong shield perk, but it still feels a bit ridiculous how quick they smash through.

I genuinely want to know why a coop sandbox is not coming to Bannerlord ? just why ? is it so hard ? a modder is doing and a whole team is saying that is too hard , honestly i thin yall just lazy
It's actually a huge undertaking; the fact that the mod team is dozens of members and working solely on that project alone proves the point of just how monumental of a task it is. It's not just one bloke; it's a group of professionals doing it in their spare time.

Frankly SP & MP are both more important; the fact that the co-op mod team are basically doing this one for them is pretty big benefit to us the players. That means TW can focus on the game and the team can focus on CO-OP.

cRPG, FI2, and Mercs and the occational NW was probably about 99% of my couple thousand hours of game time, so I'm as frustrated as anyone loving MP mods. And I'm definitely not the only one.

Honestly I'm pretty sure having custom servers would without doubt attract many of the huge MP population from Warband to Bannerlord. The most terrible thing about not having custom servers is that MP modders can't even begin making the mods (which in some cases will take a huge amount of time) before we get those custom servers.
We have absolutely no idea when we *might* be getting those.
When EA ends (which is at some unknown point ?‍♂️)? 1 year after release? Soon™? Hopefully sooner since it's apparent what the MP mods and even Native custom servers and their communities did for Warband. The biggest mods in MP would attract hundreds of disillusioned Warband vets into Bannerlord straight off the bat.
If we get the custom servers maybe 1 or 2 years from now, we will get the bigger mods in 3. It's rediculous that the MP mod community are forced to just sit here not knowing whether we will have those mods some day in the next decade or not.
Honestly, just having organized shield battle events on native Bannerlord would bring back a huge amount of players. The moment Bannerlord Dedicated servers are supported I know that my group is putting down all the old games just as Warband, NW, Holdfast, etc... and moving full time to Bannerlord. I would Imagine there are others as well.

Back
Top Bottom