Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Well i never said MP playerbase is small,compared to other SP games with MP, but lets admit, its ridiculously small compared to SP MB community in both of games, and you 'al still wandering why devs are trying all their strengh into SP, while trying to manage MP by a small balance patches.
Dont forget, money/crowd are targets for corporation, and TW isnt some small indie company nowadays
When Bannerlord was released everyone was hyped. Old fellowships met and instantly clans were raised or reborn for competitiv MP. In our case we fielded 30+ willing members over night. Out of those i am the very last playing MP. This tells you how deep the disappointment is. From what i see, the ratio seems to be approximately that throughout the community.

Last time i convinced someone to give Bannerlord MP another try i was asked if i had a masochistic vein afterwards. The person deinstalled the game.

Well i never said MP playerbase is small,compared to other SP games with MP, but lets admit, its ridiculously small compared to SP MB community in both of games, and you 'al still wandering why devs are trying all their strengh into SP, while trying to manage MP by a small balance patches.
Dont forget, money/crowd are targets for corporation, and TW isnt some small indie company nowadays
I understand, since SP got the far biggest "player base" right now, TW is spending all their time to update SP, because it's there all the cash is, right ? But, SP is not a mode you can play for 10k hours. You will simply get bored, and find another game to play. MP, though, is something that can really make a game last for a long long time. MP got loyal and devoted players, that will make super good commercial for the game. And who will play the game for years, long after no one plays the SP version anymore...

TW: hypes community by saying update will be very soon
Also TW: waits a few months if not more before releasing this update

Lets put our expections for April/May so we won't be disappointed

Definitely by the middle of March up to beginning of April. They can't seem to squash some bugs so that will take at least 2 more weeks to get done. Then them saying mp updates are independent of sp updates... meh, don't think so. Things will remain the same. But I do think they are slowly, very very very slowly, improving the game :smile:

I understand, since SP got the far biggest "player base" right now, TW is spending all their time to update SP, because it's there all the cash is, right ? But, SP is not a mode you can play for 10k hours. You will simply get bored, and find another game to play. MP, though, is something that can really make a game last for a long long time. MP got loyal and devoted players, that will make super good commercial for the game. And who will play the game for years, long after no one plays the SP version anymore...
You'd be surprised at how many hours some people put into the single player without even touching mods. Taleworlds has already sold over 5 million copies of the game. Besides DLCs, steam badge sales and other micro transactions they might add, Bannerlord has already been milked for most of the money that it will give. From a business perspective, Taleworlds right now only makes money when people buy the game and most people bought the game for single player. Hours in the game is irrelevant to the money they make.` Welcome to being part of the niche of mount and blade multiplayer, also known as "being black in America."

You'd be surprised at how many hours some people put into the single player without even touching mods. Taleworlds has already sold over 5 million copies of the game. Besides DLCs, steam badge sales and other micro transactions they might add, Bannerlord has already been milked for most of the money that it will give. From a business perspective, Taleworlds right now only makes money when people buy the game and most people bought the game for single player. Hours in the game is irrelevant to the money they make.` Welcome to being part of the niche of mount and blade multiplayer, also known as "being black in America."
That is true but multiplayer pepole are the ones with the most hours in the game and the most involved with the games and the Talewords community.It isn't really about the money they can get from Bannerlord but for thier future credibility at this point. Most of the hype and marketing for Bannerlord was brought on by said players. Same goes for events, mods and managing community hubs. It would hurt thier future profits quite a bit if they were to lose them now.

These all look like outstanding changes. I hope there is a way to turn off voice chat, and honestly it should be turned off by default with the option to turn it on. A new players first 15 seconds of multiplayer shouldnt be 45 people on a TDM server all screaming at once.

These all look like outstanding changes. I hope there is a way to turn off voice chat, and honestly it should be turned off by default with the option to turn it on. A new players first 15 seconds of multiplayer shouldnt be 45 people on a TDM server all screaming at once.
It will be skirmish and captain only. Only teammates as well.

Right now, TW will get a income from people buying BL only to play the SP mode. I believe those people, simply don't even know about the MP modes in the game. Later, maybe years from now, the SP mode will be dead, but people will still buy the game, because of the MP part alone. So many games have started out making money on the SP mode....But, the MP will over time generate much more than SP ever could. One example could be Half Life. I really hope this will happen to this game too, need more players!

Right now, TW will get a income from people buying BL only to play the SP mode. I believe those people, simply don't even know about the MP modes in the game. Later, maybe years from now, the SP mode will be dead, but people will still buy the game, because of the MP part alone. So many games have started out making money on the SP mode....But, the MP will over time generate much more than SP ever could. One example could be Half Life. I really hope this will happen to this game too, need more players!
Single player will never die. Full conversion mods will only get better and encourage people to keep playing. My experience in Warband is this, I was told about the game by a friend and purchased the game in 2016. He only played single player so that is where I started. Each time I switched maps (native, Viking Conquest, full conversion mods) I found that game was only getting better. I knew there was a multiplayer so why switch when I am enjoying the single player and there was still so much more to do? I ended up not playing multiplayer (besides the 5 minutes on NW) because the single player for this game franchise is just that good. The reason why I am sharing this is because I think that most players are experiencing the same thing especially since M&B is marketed more as a single player game.

Taleworlds need to do a better job at advertising the multiplayer. Maybe replace the patch notes when you initially enter the game with a graphic showing and encouraging people to try captain mode?

I spent 1k hours on warband SP, and zero in MP. Still, I think this conversation is kind of dumb and I really don't get the point it started from. A guy comes to the MP forum, which is full of people who mainly play multiplayer to tell us MP is not worth it and that the MP players are dumb tryharders?

I spent 1k hours on warband SP, and zero in MP. Still, I think this conversation is kind of dumb and I really don't get the point it started from. A guy comes to the MP forum, which is full of people who mainly play multiplayer to tell us MP is not worth it and that the MP players are dumb tryharders?
It's part of the timeless fight between SP and MP that has been going on ever since warband introduced MP

It's part of the timeless fight between SP and MP that has been going on ever since warband introduced MP
Usually leads to interesting discussions, comparable to the EU vs NA who has better players discussion.

Both have obvious answers and need no discussion, but still fun to see them

Back
Top Bottom