Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

• Observer Mode is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
I don't know how you plan to implement this, it's also great that you're aiming to do that, but I would like to ask if any form of delay or control on who is joining in observer mode is planned or not.
I just want to express my concern of 'stream sniping'. It has been claimed by DM in the final of BEAST#3, regardless of it being true or not, I'd like to take precautions about who is able to watch my game and who not. When I stream tournament matches on twitch, I add in a delay of two minutes to make sure I can't be sniped.

If tournament matches are up for anyone to watch without delay, this would open the doors for abuse to the hearts content. I therefore suggest a delay of two minutes to minimize this threat. Why two minutes? That's the time when the flag timer drops, so no tactical movement, eq-composition or shares can be sniped by the opposing team before put in action.
@AVRC @NIN3 @Klebari

I don't know how you plan to implement this, it's also great that you're aiming to do that, but I would like to ask if any form of delay or control on who is joining in observer mode is planned or not.
I just want to express my concern of 'stream sniping'. It has been claimed by DM in the final of BEAST#3, regardless of it being true or not, I'd like to take precautions about who is able to watch my game and who not. When I stream tournament matches on twitch, I add in a delay of two minutes to make sure I can't be sniped.

If tournament matches are up for anyone to watch without delay, this would open the doors for abuse to the hearts content. I therefore suggest a delay of two minutes to minimize this threat. Why two minutes? That's the time when the flag timer drops, so no tactical movement, eq-composition or shares can be sniped by the opposing team before put in action.
@AVRC @NIN3 @Klebari
It is intended for the organizer or the 'official streamer' to use. They can add a delay themselves on their stream. This iteration is not for everyone to join and watch. We are planning a more robust observer for mode for later, these issues will be handled there.

GImme my Battle mode PAPI its the biggest thing ive been annoying you people with. I want it before I go to college, you have 7 months think you can do it?

[...]

Combat

• Certain swing related inconsistencies
Are we talking about a reworking of the swing arcs, as OurGloriousLeader commented in its Arcs of swings compared to Warband thread?

Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Customization System which allows the players to unlock new pieces of armor by playing and customize their characters.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode.
Could you please elaborate a little more on these two features?

Could you please elaborate a little more on these two features?
Let me fix it for them so that you can get more details :smile:
  • Customization System which allows us to silently insert our initial idea of adding microtransactions into the Multiplayer. So that you can enjoy seeing confusion on players' face while they are tring to understand who is wearing what and how powerful that item is.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode which we should have it months ago in the game, not when we are close to release. But we were too caught up with our forced inbalanced class system that we forgot to implement it. That aside you won't see it on live till next year anyway since this is exactly what we did with duel mode.

Please don’t release unbalanced update(1.5712 javelins) again, we are very disappointed! Also @AVRC said very soon like couple months ago. I hope we could see all those features before December.(you have 8 more months, don’t screw up again!)

Let me fix it for them so that you can get more details :smile:
giphy.gif

Really, for once I was being serious... I didn't put any :iamamoron: 's at the end of the sentence. I hope™ they answer with some info with a foundation.

@AVRC one thing I wanna know, will we be able to report people that abuses voice chat? idk talking politics or continuously repeating the nword and such? will you guys be able to have logs of it or smtn? would be cool if we could
i can already imagine people screaming in tdm and sieges

Last edited:
Looks like some good QoL improvements on their way, and always nice to see more of the MP roadmap.

I'm optimistic for the long-term game-state, because -- almost -- every patch has shifted MP in a better direction, or improved the framework to allow MP to keep moving forward. It seems like the MP devs have a final vision for the multiplayer that I agree with.

HOWEVER, getting there has been a slow, problematic journey, and the devs appear to lack the ability to address critical problems with expedience, even if the problems are bleeding out the playerbase.

• In-game Voice Chat is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.

I hope this is enabled for Skirmish and Captain, but disabled for TDM and Siege.

• Improvements to Matchmaking Experience.

Is it possible to clarify?

This surely is one of the better volume so far. Theres one thing i'd like to hear Taleworlds input on :

Swing arcs and hit collision.

This is something thats been bothering me a lot, especially in chaotic modes like siege. Since our side swings are making such a big arc, our swings very often end up blocking into a teamates body, exposing us. Warband didnt have such a feel, it was easier to fight in big piles of people without having every single swing of ours blocking into something. Is there any plan regarding making the swing arcs shorter more like Warband ?

• In-game Voice Chat is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.

Oh god! please don't ruin the game with a voice chat, the chat is already cancerous imagine the cancer with the voice chat, blasting music and autistic kids screaming... just look at the game Holdfast, horrible, so many trolls and people abusing the voicechat

Oh god! please don't ruin the game with a voice chat, the chat is already cancerous imagine the cancer with the voice chat, blasting music and autistic kids screaming... just look at the game Holdfast, horrible, so many trolls and people abusing the voicechat

Its necessary for Skirmish.

@Klebari
Two points i want to adress :

- Cav/Infantry balancing, in competitive cavalry as it is now is mostly killed by projectiles and i think that shouldnt be the case to be honest, i dont have a solution, but its just frustrating to get only killed by ranged.

- Observer mode, its missing in this statement, is it scrapped or just forgotten ?
Try again on the observer mode. Its in the first bit

This is all very exciting stuff! So many good new features are in development it's amazing to see. First and foremost the separation of perks between Skirmish and Captain modes is an outstanding decision and will have a huge positive impact on both game modes, allowing them to be fully fleshed out to fit their own unique playstyles without disturbing the balance of each other. My next favorite change is the upcoming Observer mode which will allow us tournament organizers to properly showcase competitive matches to the Mount and Blade community to both raise awareness of these events and also entertain people with top-level Bannerlord games. Voice chat is a feature that should help "randoms" organize together as a team and take on other teams with more coordination, and it's good that we are getting the option to mute and kick disruptive players from matches to prevent griefing. Fixes to the Ai that prevent Captain units from exploiting or abusing the enemy troops is another great change that will hopefully discourage "Ramboing" and encourage more tactical gameplay by eliminating the "super-hero" captain's ability to separate from his units and slaughter or distract an entire regiment of archers all by himself.

Thank you @AVRC @Klebari @NIN3 and the TaleWorlds team for listening to community feedback and making these amazing changes that will improve the gameplay experience for all players. I look forward to seeing many of these changes in action! Keep up the great work.

Last edited:
is it about blocking async bug?:
  • Certain swing related inconsistencies
The bug I mean, randomly local sends the wrong direction to the server (with an okay ping). The fix should be a precondition before we talk about melee. Unless we want melee base on random instead of player's skill.

Voice chat, real duel mode, kicking players, lots of new badges, costumization system that ties into the leveling system, Ranks and ranked mode and a new battle mode? How cool is that?! Thank you so much Klebari for giving me hope again, I will definitely start playing multiplayer again when these changes arrive!

Back
Top Bottom