Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hope you do not mess up the customization system for custom servers, because if the plan was to stick the progression for customization to the matchmaking, you've been completely out of touch with what the multiplayer is.

Nothing about being kicked off of servers when matches end? The thing that's been going on since the very first alpha version that had servers? At this point, TW has been so quiet about this that it's probably a feature that they never intend to change, rather than a bug.

What does this even mean ? "AI abuses by player Captains".

About "ranged AI" not being effective enough in captain mode. I agree 1000%. All ranged classes need to be way more effective. Also normal inf range attacks. It's an aspect of the battle that never really have been used. And it will create much more dynamic into the tactics and unit setups.

The other day I saw one on my team running around with 3 throwing axes stuck in his body, he was very much alive, and he was not even wearing heavy armor.. I don't think that should be possible. Since it is pretty hard to get good hits with throwables, they should make way more damage. And maybe try adjusting fire range, so they will be more effective in a support role.

Another thing. I know how hatred 2h chock troops are in the cap mode community. Especially after the only true counter to 2h chock troops have been gone for 4 months. I do understand players are getting tired to play with them and vs them. BUT, if archers are going to be fixed again, and ranged throwables are going to be a thing, THEN 2h chock troops need a bump up too! Why? Because that will encourage players to pick them again, and then I have some good soft and easy targets to fire at again :razz:

Oh, and about "Crossbows being too accurate and too effective in close range" I don't think that is a problem at all. I really really like to sneak closer with my archers, while the enemy is otherwise occupied, to get deadly accuracy. It is very counter intuitive and dangerous to actually move very close to the enemy, if you could fire at them way before that. Since a super heavy shield class, totally covered in metal, can run faster than light archers in a T-shirt and running shoes, I think such a maneuver should be rewarded with super good hits and damage.

Actually, when I think about it. If you take 1.5.7 Battania, into a 1.4.x setting, the game was more or less done on the balance side, for cap mode...

Last edited:
Awesome news, thanks for the update !

Spears should probably rear up slightly more reliably but they are very good including in groupfight. Anyone discarding them is just tilted.

Horses take like 4 shots minimum to get downed unless hit head on full speed. I don't think they are too weak at all, a brief look at recent comp stats shows this.
Imo good cavs can easily outrange spears.
I also find quite annoying how sometimes it seems you have enough space to hit but it either softs or does insignificant damage to the opponent.
It feels like in bannerlord horses can get close enough to spears in order to make them soft-hit, that is one of the reasons cavs aren't that scared of spears in close combat and can just harass infantries in their faces during the fights.
Ofc i could be wrong, but in the many matches i've played i have seen cavs literally stand on top of the infantries poking in the back as an extra spearman from the sky (obviously if they are in the condition to do that).

Nothing about being kicked off of servers when matches end? The thing that's been going on since the very first alpha version that had servers? At this point, TW has been so quiet about this that it's probably a feature that they never intend to change, rather than a bug.
We're aware of this issue, yes. The current server infrastructure is designed in a way that makes changing this slightly complicated though so it might take some time before we implement something to avoid this.

Awesome news, thanks for the update !

Imo good cavs can easily outrange spears.
I also find quite annoying how sometimes it seems you have enough space to hit but it either softs or does insignificant damage to the opponent.
It feels like in bannerlord horses can get close enough to spears in order to make them soft-hit, that is one of the reasons cavs aren't that scared of spears in close combat and can just harass infantries in their faces during the fights.
Ofc i could be wrong, but in the many matches i've played i have seen cavs literally stand on top of the infantries poking in the back as an extra spearman from the sky (obviously if they are in the condition to do that).
Yes, I think this is more to do with cav needing changed than inf tho. Cav can turn extremely hard while at speed allowing them to outrange spearman thrusts, and their stabs are very quick. The upstab especially is very broken from standing still on horseback, as the animation creates space for it to stab meaning it does not bounce.

Reduce cav drifting and slow down their stabs and you'll see inf fair better against them.

"We're aware of this issue, yes. The current server infrastructure is designed in a way that makes changing this slightly complicated though so it might take some time before we implement something to avoid this."

I missed that one, thank you for pointing it out.
Any news on private servers? Private servers and modders may then be able to put something worthwhile together!.
I'm not going to claim that there's been no news since I've not been around for several months (and I was just proven wrong by Dejan), but I highly doubt there's any word on this, since it took us the entire MP forum asking about it for a week before we got any answers last time.

Any word on a change to the spawn system for TDM? Cavalry price increase will help the mode a bit, but most people feel this is the main issue.

The changes sound good and I'm keen to try duel out, but you'll captivate so many more people with larger scale, organized battles. I see that battle mode is coming, but a change to the spawn system for TDM as well as VOIP could be a good middle-ground to tide us over til then.

"We're aware of this issue, yes. The current server infrastructure is designed in a way that makes changing this slightly complicated though so it might take some time before we implement something to avoid this."

I'm not going to claim that there's been no news since I've not been around for several months (and I was just proven wrong by Dejan), but I highly doubt there's any word on this, since it took us the entire MP forum asking about it for a week before we got any answers last time.
Actually there has been news for once. They confirmed it's being worked on/ will be worked on eventually but it may take a while still.

Yes, I think this is more to do with cav needing changed than inf tho. Cav can turn extremely hard while at speed allowing them to outrange spearman thrusts, and their stabs are very quick. The upstab especially is very broken from standing still on horseback, as the animation creates space for it to stab meaning it does not bounce.

Reduce cav drifting and slow down their stabs and you'll see inf fair better against them.
Completely agree, couldn't have put it better.

It such a shame to go from one of the best multiplayer experiences that is Warband to the complete mess of Bannerlord, I mean how as a developer do you go so wrong??.

This is the latest news about custom servers as far as I know

We know that custom servers are a key issue for many of you and we want to be clear that we are working towards making them available in due course but, unfortunately, we still have some way to go before we are ready to share those files. This is for a couple of reasons:
  • A number of changes are being implemented on the backend to accommodate planned updates to multiplayer, including Duel mode, Ranked matchmaking, Observer mode, Voice chat, further customisation options, and more. Ultimately, due to the frequency at which we make updates, dedicating time and resources to maintaining public files while providing support to players and server hosts would affect our ability to finish these updates in a timely manner.
  • Hosting our own servers (for the time being) allows us to collect a lot of useful data that is used to help us improve server performance and fix any crashes or other issues
This was posted by Dejan

Any plans to implement cheering in MP anytime soon? Been waiting for it for quite a while now and it isn't even mentioned anywhere in any plans, it shouldn't be difficult either considering you already have the code and animations from SP. Any form of player to player interaction that isn't combat would be greatly appreciated by casual players that like to **** around, such as myself.
I really miss cheers and taunts from warband.

Back
Top Bottom