Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I can already hear the music blasting in my headphones as soon as I join a public server, and knowing how cancerous the community became in the last years, just by reading the ingame chat... I can tell it's going to be 100% Toxic , just look at Holdfast, Holdfast is an example of voice chat gone wrong, Nazi songs playing in the background, people screaming and using autotunes, racist slurs, jokes about minorities...bring voice chat to bannerlord and the overall multiplayer quality is guaranteed to drop,

This game has been surviving this long without any voice chats, the community found ways to communicate on his own (TeamSpeak, Discord) I don't see any reason to bring this, it will only cause more harm than good
I disagree, Holdfast is popular just thanks to this, it's often nonsense yes but for the time I've tried it was mostly screaming in charges, average jokes and that's it, not much toxicity. Voice-chat is skirm will be "serious" but VC in siege and TDM can bring so much content and fun. Yes it's not "immersive" but a good melee system AND a meme-filled VC will surely be a really unique experience. And if you don't like it, disable it I guess :grin: .

Proximity voice chat where both sides can hear it will be incredible for immersion in sieges and organised battles. It will work great in Skirmish and captain as a communication tool.

I hope it’s an opt in system from the start though and made easier to mute the abusers of it.

[...]
  • In-game Voice Chat is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • [...]
I wonder if these lines are part of what the voice system will offer or on the other hand will be part of an incomming communication UI within a mode (captain maybe?) similar to this suggested by 578. Could you please elaborate on this? Thanks in advance.

In voice_definitions.xml
<voice type="MpHelp" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/help" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpSpot" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/spot" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpThanks" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/thanks" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpSorry" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/sorry" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpAffirmative" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/affirmative" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpNegative" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/negative" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpRegroup" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/regroup" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpDefend" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/defend" face_anim="attack" />
<voice type="MpAttack" path="event:/voice/combat/male/04/mp/attack" face_anim="attack" />

Add more chase badges, not simple x total wins. Players should choose their badges, not just put one with more wins on it.
For example:

50000 Bow kills
10000 Headshot kills
1000 Couch kills
20000 Kicks
1000 Melee triple kills
1v6 clutch
Few badges that come from player to player when someone kills badge owner
200 meter headshot
10000 dismounts
1000 Spear killstreaks
40-0 score
100 3 headshots in a row
5000 Throwing kills
and so on
I have a feeling it won't be a single one of those

I'm not going to lie but I've sort of lost faith that this game will ever be good for multiplayer. The developers don't seem to understand the key issues that most players have and I'm starting to doubt that custom servers will ever be as moddable as most people want.
I hope they prove me wrong but I just don't understand how you can something as fun as the core combat of the game and butcher it this badly in terms of balance and game modes.

In game voice chat is definitely needed for coordination, especially in ranked games. I can't imagine any serious game in BL with no voice coordination. An option to mute someone PERMANENTLY is needed though, as well as an option to mute all chat, not only for a voice, but for text chat too.

naah I just dont want to hear people who think about an multiplayer addition to a singleplayer-oriented game as a ''serious business" and ramble about "serous tactics and skills''
And by judging a MB community, we will hear a lot of such an internet strategists in voice chat, it will be annoying as hell

Last edited by a moderator:
naah I just dont want to hear some autists who think about an multiplayer addition to a singleplayer-oriented game as a ''serious business" and ramble about "serous tactics and skills''
And by judging a MB community, we will hear a lot of such an internet strategists in voice chat, it will be annoying as hell
Don't worry, with ranked mm coming you won't be hearing any strat calls in your bracket

naah I just dont want to hear some autists who think about an multiplayer addition to a singleplayer-oriented game as a ''serious business" and ramble about "serous tactics and skills''
Hate to break it to you, but the MP has been the main game for a large amount of the community since Warband. If you don't see many of those people in Bannerlord, it's because they don't want to come play the MP before it gets "fixed". As far as I know, it mostly means custom servers (and with that MP mods, which are the most important thing in M&B to many people) and Battle mode.

Very good news but i guess we have to wait an another 3-4 months more.
As you know we didnt get Vol. 4 but i hope 3 month later maybe we can see vol 5.

Last edited:
are also working n
Warriors of Calradia,
Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming months. First and foremost, we are working on the stability of our game servers. We are aware of the current issues and we already fixed some of the problems. Fixing the server issues is our top priority. We have many new features almost completed and ready to be experienced by you all:
  • In-game Voice Chat is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Duel Mode is in the final polishing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Observer Mode is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Sound Occlusion is nearly done and will be featured on the next beta.
  • Many MP HUD and Lobby UI improvements have been finished.
  • Improvements on the Reporting Tools have been finished, including Kick Player and Mute All functions.
  • First part of the Level Progression system is nearly done, it will, later on, tie in with the Customization System.
  • Lots of new badges have been added.
  • Work on new Siege maps is almost complete and work is in progress on new Skirmish maps.
  • Fixes and Improvements on current maps are being made.
  • Improvements to Matchmaking Experience.

We are also working non-stop on improving and balancing the game following player feedback. We have been sending more frequent balance patches straight to live servers as promised and more will follow.
Current issues we are working on that are in various stages of development:

Combat
  • Knockdown/Get up and Dismount/Get up animation improvements
  • Certain swing related inconsistencies
  • Adding recovery delay to missed kicks
  • Crossbows being too accurate and too effective in close range.
Skirmish Mode
  • Cavalry being too impactful
  • Infantry being less impactful
Captain Mode
  • Separation of some Perks and some Troop Stats for Captain Mode
  • Ranged AI not being effective enough
  • Cavalry AI not being effective enough
  • AI abuses by player Captains
Siege and TDM
  • Increasing the cost of Cavalry units.
Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Customization System which allows the players to unlock new pieces of armor by playing and customize their characters.
  • Ranked Mode with Ranked Matches and player skill ranks.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode.
f*** yes. finally.

now one question from me:

two handed menavlions seem to deal an overwhelming amount of damage, despite having a really slow animation. do you plan on toning down the damage or speeding up the animation to match delivered damage? currently it barely looks like that thing swings, yet it does over 100 dmg.

EDIT: it has been asked before. since voice chat will not be heard by the enemies (which is a bad decision IMO, as how am I supposed to taunt them?!), could we get the good old Q button to deliver WARBAND taunts ("THATS A NICE HEAD YOU HAVE ON YOUR SHOULDERS", "LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING" and others)? It's most certainly a very FUN way of interacting with the enemy team, something that is currently missing.

I want to see more glances with menavlions, it seems utterly ridiculous that even though im choked up on the enemy who is an arms length away that he can not only swing and hit me faster than I can hit him with a 1-handed weapon, but also deal ridiculous amounts of damage in turn. A weapon such as the menavlion should be a support weapon due to not only its length but the way it is also wielded.

EDIT: it has been asked before. since voice chat will not be heard by the enemies (which is a bad decision IMO, as how am I supposed to taunt them?!), could we get the good old Q button to deliver WARBAND taunts ("THATS A NICE HEAD YOU HAVE ON YOUR SHOULDERS", "LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING" and others)? It's most certainly a very FUN way of interacting with the enemy team, something that is currently missing.
There should be 2 keybindings for voice chat:
1. Whole team
2. Local(Proximity) talk to all

Alternatively, keybindings slightly more complex but better for mods e.g PWMOD
1. Whole team
2. Local(Proximity) for team
3. Local(Proximity) talk for all

Hate to break it to you, but the MP has been the main game for a large amount of the community since Warband. If you don't see many of those people in Bannerlord, it's because they don't want to come play the MP before it gets "fixed". As far as I know, it mostly means custom servers (and with that MP mods, which are the most important thing in M&B to many people) and Battle mode.
Well i never said MP playerbase is small,compared to other SP games with MP, but lets admit, its ridiculously small compared to SP MB community in both of games, and you 'al still wandering why devs are trying all their strengh into SP, while trying to manage MP by a small balance patches.
Dont forget, money/crowd are targets for corporation, and TW isnt some small indie company nowadays

Back
Top Bottom