Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain Mode
  • Separation of some Perks and some Troop Stats for Captain Mode
  • Ranged AI not being effective enough
  • Cavalry AI not being effective enough
  • AI abuses by player Captains

Exciting times, thanks for the information. Very much looking forward to the splitting of Captain and Skirmish perks, really hope we can get into the weeds on that soon. Should do a lot of the heavy lifting for you guys in appeasing the more doom & gloom members of the community.

However, @Klebari and @AVRC, I haven't seen any devs mention anything to do with rolling back formation speed nuclear nerfs lately, is that not on your radar? At one point I thought you guys had confirmed it was getting rolled back.

can't wait for voice chat, but is it going to be just for competitive modes like captain and skirmish? or are they're going to also be adding proximity voice chat in sieges and TDM?
VC for captain and skirmish good. VC for siege and TDM bad. N-word being said constantly bad.

Oh, and about "Crossbows being too accurate and too effective in close range" I don't think that is a problem at all. I really really like to sneak closer with my archers, while the enemy is otherwise occupied, to get deadly accuracy. It is very counter intuitive and dangerous to actually move very close to the enemy, if you could fire at them way before that. Since a super heavy shield class, totally covered in metal, can run faster than light archers in a T-shirt and running shoes, I think such a maneuver should be rewarded with super good hits and damage.
IDK why people hate Crossbows so much, they are accurate and effective, just the way they should be.

VC for captain and skirmish good. VC for siege and TDM bad. N-word being said constantly bad.
I can already hear the music blasting in my headphones as soon as I join a public server, and knowing how cancerous the community became in the last years, just by reading the ingame chat... I can tell it's going to be 100% Toxic , just look at Holdfast, Holdfast is an example of voice chat gone wrong, Nazi songs playing in the background, people screaming and using autotunes, racist slurs, jokes about minorities...bring voice chat to bannerlord and the overall multiplayer quality is guaranteed to drop,

This game has been surviving this long without any voice chats, the community found ways to communicate on his own (TeamSpeak, Discord) I don't see any reason to bring this, it will only cause more harm than good

I can already hear the music blasting in my headphones as soon as I join a public server
well.jpg

I can’t even :lol:

Pretty sure this is literally mostly just stuff from the last statement just now it’s “soon” instead of “in the works”. And still people wetting their pants over it.

Instead of “soon” duel mode is coming can we get a post that puts some detail behind how it works, same with all the other stuff, “certain swing animation inconsistencies” just might as well say nothing. Where as if you say “Right swings are better than left swings right now and we want to make them equal but utilising stances will make one better than the other in certain situations etc.” Let’s us know A) What your finished aim is B) That you actually understand what has to be done C) We don’t end up with something we don’t want because we can read it and talk about it before it’s implemented

Pretty sure this is literally mostly just stuff from the last statement just now it’s “soon” instead of “in the works”. And still people wetting their pants over it.

Instead of “soon” duel mode is coming can we get a post that puts some detail behind how it works, same with all the other stuff, “certain swing animation inconsistencies” just might as well say nothing. Where as if you say “Right swings are better than left swings right now and we want to make them equal but utilising stances will make one better than the other in certain situations etc.” Let’s us know A) What your finished aim is B) That you actually understand what has to be done C) We don’t end up with something we don’t want because we can read it and talk about it before it’s implemented
Now, Mabons, that comes awfully close to actual communication and a roadmap. Wouldn't want to do that, now would we?

Come one Mabons, it says very soon xD

Made a video talking about this if anyone is crazy enough to listen to me for 30 mins:

In general I think these are very positive changes, although the soon™ does mean we don't really have an idea on how long these things are going to take. Looking forward to Battle, knockdown and kick changes a lot - hopefully ranked splitting the skirmish playerbase will not make it harder to find games, although that's surely a concern with the low number of players at the moment. Very nice to see separate perks, stats and costs being used for different gamemodes and hopefully it will make balancing the different modes easier.

Made a video talking about this if anyone is crazy enough to listen to me for 30 mins:

In general I think these are very positive changes, although the soon™ does mean we don't really have an idea on how long these things are going to take. Looking forward to Battle, knockdown and kick changes a lot - hopefully ranked splitting the skirmish playerbase will not make it harder to find games, although that's surely a concern with the low number of players at the moment. Very nice to see separate perks, stats and costs being used for different gamemodes and hopefully it will make balancing the different modes easier.

I’m crazy bored so here’s 30 min of my life

So um...I think this needs to be asked but why the emphasis on balance? shouldn't certain weapons and classes be better than others in specific situations? if everything is "balanced" then there wouldn't be any diversity or choice in choosing weapons and classes besides "this one is an obvious upgrade". Either way, though I think it has had a detrimental effect on large-scale multiplayer battles IE the game mode the majority of us play it was a lot more dynamic before but now it feels a bit...grey, dull, without color if you catch my drift

Add more chase badges, not simple x total wins. Players should choose their badges, not just put one with more wins on it.
For example:

50000 Bow kills
10000 Headshot kills
1000 Couch kills
20000 Kicks
1000 Melee triple kills
1v6 clutch
Few badges that come from player to player when someone kills badge owner
200 meter headshot
10000 dismounts
1000 Spear killstreaks
40-0 score
100 3 headshots in a row
5000 Throwing kills
and so on

I can already hear the music blasting in my headphones as soon as I join a public server, and knowing how cancerous the community became in the last years, just by reading the ingame chat... I can tell it's going to be 100% Toxic , just look at Holdfast, Holdfast is an example of voice chat gone wrong, Nazi songs playing in the background, people screaming and using autotunes, racist slurs, jokes about minorities...bring voice chat to bannerlord and the overall multiplayer quality is guaranteed to drop,

This game has been surviving this long without any voice chats, the community found ways to communicate on his own (TeamSpeak, Discord) I don't see any reason to bring this, it will only cause more harm than good
There most likely will be an option to disable/mute voice chat so if you don't like it, just disable it.

Back
Top Bottom