Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright drunken clarity posting here we go again.

So I was really hyped for Bannerlord like everyone else (Also hoping for some new blood in the community) but when the hype died off and I started looking at it like I would any other game instead of with Warband tinted glasses it quickly got boring as **** and the only reason I kept playing was for my 750 win badge, as should it recieve significant upgrade during early access I can come back and show off my shiny badge. While grinding for this badge it kind of slowly crept on me just how slow the progress during early access was going to be and eventually I've just come to the conclusion that this is pretty much it. Alright nice, we'll get the same game modes from Warband, maybe. We'll get custom servers and mods at some point and that will come and fix the game, but I don't think community made content should give Taleworlds a free pass.

Why can I start up Warband native, having not touched it in months, and have a quick blast on Mount&Siege or theLudus pissing about in duels and have more fun than I will have with Bannerlord? It's because I don't have to sit there waiting for matchmaking to put me onto a map that I don't like, with factions I don't want to play, forcing me to play a specific class that has limited choices, with smaller amount of players making the skill difference scale gap larger making the majority of the games you play a stomp regardless of which side you are on. I am not saying Warband is perfect, and it had room for improvement. But for it to be completely discarded in favour of something else that just isn't working at this point... while throughout the alpha and beta your testers are telling you this...ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Eb's "Final Statement on Multiplayer" is spot on, and honestly at this point if I was lead developer I would write off the multiplayer, concentrate 100% on singleplayer(which I am also heavily dissapointed in the way they have cut important parts of the Mount&Blade experience but haven't even added much in the way of depth to replace these, but that is rant for when they decide they are finished). Outsource the multiplayer work to a studio/company that has a good track record of making a game that appeals to casuals and competitive alike because right now we have a game that only a small minority(whether casual or competitve) even bother to keep playing anymore.

Eh but what do I know, I'm just a retard who bought the game as soon as it went on sale because I thought "It's Taleworlds, they will make it come good in the end".

Wishing this beautiful thread a happy 4 weeks of existence. I love the standard of communication at Taleworlds, and hope that they only continue being this good.

If I do consider something different and better than Warband it's the faction layout, especially Battania. I prefer the current faction pool to Warband's.

But that's just my opinion.

The factions seem more unique from one another, that is for sure. In Warband in terms of how factions played, Rhodoks and Swadia played quite similar, same with Nords and Vaegirs, and Sarranids felt like a ****ty version of Vaegirs.

The factions seem more unique from one another, that is for sure. In Warband in terms of how factions played, Rhodoks and Swadia played quite similar, same with Nords and Vaegirs, and Sarranids felt like a ****ty version of Vaegirs.
Not really no. Swadia had arguably the best cav, rhodoks the worst cav (so they can't play the same way), nords is an inf juggernaut, while vaegir relied on its powerful archers. Plus I'm not sure how you can say factions feel unique in bannerlord when the only tourney forces class limits.

Not really no. Swadia had arguably the best cav, rhodoks the worst cav (so they can't play the same way), nords is an inf juggernaut, while vaegir relied on its powerful archers. Plus I'm not sure how you can say factions feel unique in bannerlord when the only tourney forces class limits.

I meant more from a cultural perspective, playstyle wise yes you are correct.

I suppose one way to look at the class limits shenanigans is it is the same way we dealt with annoying obnoxious ****(Khergits) in Warband.

I meant more from a cultural perspective, playstyle wise yes you are correct.

I suppose one way to look at the class limits shenanigans is it is the same way we dealt with annoying obnoxious ****(Khergits) in Warband.
Surely the blue barbarians and the green barbarians are more unique ^^. Banning Khergits was necessary because of a terrible balance after full release. This game is an EA so forcing class limits rn will only make the final result worse than what TW is planning to do.

I seem to recall a balance patch that didn't even attempt to balance Khergits after release though, but eh, I'm not going down this rabbit hole. I can only agree that class limits is not allowing Taleworlds to see the full picture but who's to say they would even fix it with the full picture anyways when you got folks literally screaming at them they don't want classes in the first place :iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron:

Maybe I enjoy Bannerlord's cultures more because my celtic ass can finally relate to a faction :razz:

I seem to recall a balance patch that didn't even attempt to balance Khergits after release though, but eh, I'm not going down this rabbit hole. I can only agree that class limits is not allowing Taleworlds to see the full picture but who's to say they would even fix it with the full picture anyways when you got folks literally screaming at them they don't want classes in the first place :iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron::iamamoron:

Maybe I enjoy Bannerlord's cultures more because my celtic ass can finally relate to a faction :razz:
Tbh the bannerlord lore doesn't make much sense compared to warbands. Warband factions were mostly inspired by cultures from the same era, while BL has like 9 centuries of culture in the same era. I know most people like having the roman empire and Norman knights in the same game but it feels kinda weird ngl. Plus from what I recall from the SP, there is no difference besides the fac color between the 3 empires, which is quite shameful

No, just no. Agree about most points of your drunken clarity though x)

I'm so tired of trying to defend the multiplayer portion of the game from the singleplayer "Why work on MP when nobody cares about it" morons in the forums when TW won't tell us what their grand strategy of wtf MP is supposed to become. Either tell us wtf we paid for, hurry the **** up and make it a reality, or refund me $20 wasted dollars on the MP. I've played the game since Early Beta and you decided to completely ignore us. Im so tired of losing braincells and sleep over this game. I just had to delete a portion of this message where this sentence now is because of the ****ty mood thinking about what a failure this game is puts me in. Back to my earlier point however, why in the hell should I care about this game anymore? I am 6 games away from my 750 wins badge and after that why would I stay? I stayed in Warband and Napoleonic Wars for 8 years because there was an online community and fun public events and solid content. But now most of the community is gone. The multiplayer portion of this game will flop within a month of full release because not only are the online features and core systems broken, but everyone who was ready to make something out of this game and its community are gone, most clans can't even bring more than 6 people online and my clan which was the largest in NA a few days ago just had 5 of our most active members leave. So tell me why should I stay?

Are there any plans to improve the cavalry AI in terms of more productive use of lance and spears? Because now the statistics are about 1 hit per 5 misses. And the problem is precisely in the ability to use lance and spears, because lancers with glaives and cousers with menevlions are quite effective.

Shock troops shouldn't have access to throwables(or reduced amount). Heavy infantry should get only 1 throwing axe or javelin.
If shock troops and heavy infantry have access to javelins then what's the point of the skirmisher class?
Change my mind.
Are there any plans to improve the cavalry AI in terms of more productive use of lance and spears? Because now the statistics are about 1 hit per 5 misses. And the problem is precisely in the ability to use lance and spears, because lancers with glaives and cousers with menevlions are quite effective.
Also yeah lances are pretty much trash in skirmish too. Sometimes I couch lance a arbalest with 3 armor from behind(with a full speed charge) and he survives with 30hp left. Even if you do everything right, game will randomly decide to **** you up and consider your %100 couch lance hit as "bounce", dealing no damage and staggering you.
I'm sorry TW but you listened to some guys(I'm pretty sure most of them doesn't even play anymore) that were crying about how strong the couch lance was and you murdered couch lances in cold blood. Couch lance did needed a nerf, but not damage nerf, it needed couch lance cooldown(like in Warband). Every cav player I see in skirmish is now playing with spears because they are superior to lances.

Shock troops shouldn't have access to throwables(or reduced amount). Heavy infantry should get only 1 throwing axe or javelin.
If shock troops and heavy infantry have access to javelins then what's the point of the skirmisher class?
Change my mind.

Also yeah lances are pretty much trash in skirmish too. Sometimes I couch lance a arbalest with 3 armor from behind(with a full speed charge) and he survives with 30hp left. Even if you do everything right, game will randomly decide to **** you up and consider your %100 couch lance hit as "bounce", dealing no damage and staggering you.
I'm sorry TW but you listened to some guys(I'm pretty sure most of them doesn't even play anymore) that were crying about how strong the couch lance was and you murdered couch lances in cold blood. Couch lance did needed a nerf, but not damage nerf, it needed couch lance cooldown(like in Warband). Every cav player I see in skirmish is now playing with spears because they are superior to lances.

If you do reduce the amount of throwables to 1 or something, then the perk gets just useless and will not be taken. While I understand the salt that throwables produce, this will be a letal nerf to them.

What about give people a warband equipment system and let people decide whether they want to be a shock trooper(by buying light equipment) or heavy infantry (by buying heavy infantry equipment), and then if there is an imbalance then change the price of an item or replace it with something else like you did e.g in Warband (vaegir archer having an OP 1h scimitar->you changed it to weaker falchion or club from what I remember)

What about give people a warband equipment system and let people decide whether they want to be a shock trooper(by buying light equipment) or heavy infantry (by buying heavy infantry equipment), and then if there is an imbalance then change the price of an item or replace it with something else like you did e.g in Warband (vaegir archer having an OP 1h scimitar->you changed it to weaker falchion or club from what I remember)
TW:

that's a bad idea. warband multiplayer didn't have a huge following, so we don't want to follow in its footsteps. god forbid bannerlord multiplayer would be as unpopular as warband's

Back
Top Bottom