Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Teleporting shouldn't cause framerate issues.
We will make sure you don't wait between duels if you are ready to go instantly. We will add more arenas to the map if it becomes an issue.

FTx option is interesting, we might add it if redueling ends up having too much time loss. Will playtest first then think about it. Thanks for the idea.
AVRC could you tell me if you're waiting in a lobby or where are you exactly before challenging someone to a duel.

Wasn't this being discussed for the past 6 months when it was brought up on release? You guys have to start holding yourselves accountable...
Maybe it was discussed before I arrived, regardless, it is going to get changed.

Currently it Spawns you near teammates but also close to the action so you don't Spawn in empty parts of the map. We are leaning towards spawning closer to teammates and away from enemies to create safer Spawns but will cause you to walk a bit more to join the action.

Currently it Spawns you near teammates but also close to the action so you don't Spawn in empty parts of the map. We are leaning towards spawning closer to teammates and away from enemies to create safer Spawns but will cause you to walk a bit more to join the action.

That sounds much better in my opinion. That's probably the main thing holding TDM back at the moment.

Is there talk of improving some of the interfaces on the multiplayer main menu? Some of the options you get there are quite rudimentary, and there are some things that should be in a more modern title. Here's some of the things that bother me:

1) not being able to press enter to confirm a password when joining private servers (or duel, since that's basically the only one atm that requires it)
2) clicking party members icons has the popup for options under your cursor instead of above it/in a static place (like above the profile picture, with a nice short pop up animation too)
3) Not having options to add people to your friends list if they are in your party.
4) Can't see names of your party members by any way.

First ones fix is quite obvious, but the 3 others could all be solved in one: having a static menu that pops up above the profile that is clicked, listing the users username, and having options not available to you greyed out (kick from party etc for party leader), and having add to friends in this menu instead of having to navigate to recent games/adding them in the next game to your friends list.

EDIT: the problem with the non-static popup menu is that it ends up in unconventional places, like when it pops up under your cursor and ends up going outside of your screen.

Last edited:
What about siege towers and ladders problem?
What about archery competitions and horse race?
Is there a any plan to make more dynamic and living town?
This is the MP side of the forums. I can see 2 of these being tied to MP (loosely). This post concerns MP, not SP.

Funny how it needs multiplayer devs to get combat AI improved and mp section is the place to learn about it. I hope the archer AI improvements will help in sieges with acquiring and tracking targets.

FT7 would be great for ranked duels, having it be more than a single fight will be like a stock system and include more strategy

Focus fire may not come with the initial update I will recheck its status, it is planned, but we are making other significant improvements to archer AI first. I will give updates as we move along.

It was decided that rather than having all troops hard swap to a weapon with a command it would be better if we made sure that the AI automatically swapped to the correct weapon depending on what weapons they have on and who their target is. It will be better for bigger mixed engagements.

We have a nice long list of AI improvements we want to have, we will implement them one by one.

I am glad that focus fire is a sure planned for implementation. On the other hand, even if you guys set up an AI that correctly uses weapons, the player should always have control over it (both to succeed and to fail). Therefore, it would be good if you guys reconsider getting the weapons function from warband and implementing it in both captain mode and within the SP tactical spectrum with a command order button.

Thanks for the info :wink:

Want some solid content update to MP already. Add siege maps(currently 2), nerf empire menavlions(especially low tier cavalry and infantry), buff khuzait low tier units (give them 2 handed, and better armour)

Most importantly, give us the private servers

All you ever talk about is skirmish and captain mode, while siege mode is what most people seek. Even after years warband mount and siege server is alive, take some lesson from there. Go join some european siege servers and listen to people's suggestion, you wont regret it.

All you ever talk about is skirmish and captain mode, while siege mode is what most people seek. Even after years warband mount and siege server is alive, take some lesson from there. Go join some european siege servers and listen to people's suggestion, you wont regret it.
It looks like we finally found the final culprit of the Siege server crashes. It is being tested as we speak. As stated above, new maps for Siege are on their way, we are aiming to have 1 for each faction at least. We will improve upon Siege as well, just like other modes, it is just that the stability issues took way longer than expected and we were focused on that with regards to Siege.

Is there talk of improving some of the interfaces on the multiplayer main menu? Some of the options you get there are quite rudimentary, and there are some things that should be in a more modern title. Here's some of the things that bother me:

1) not being able to press enter to confirm a password when joining private servers (or duel, since that's basically the only one atm that requires it)
2) clicking party members icons has the popup for options under your cursor instead of above it/in a static place (like above the profile picture, with a nice short pop up animation too)
3) Not having options to add people to your friends list if they are in your party.
4) Can't see names of your party members by any way.

First ones fix is quite obvious, but the 3 others could all be solved in one: having a static menu that pops up above the profile that is clicked, listing the users username, and having options not available to you greyed out (kick from party etc for party leader), and having add to friends in this menu instead of having to navigate to recent games/adding them in the next game to your friends list.

EDIT: the problem with the non-static popup menu is that it ends up in unconventional places, like when it pops up under your cursor and ends up going outside of your screen.
Noted.
We have a long list of UI improvements being implemented in parts. First part should arrive in the following patches, and we will improve the user experience with the feedback.

For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.
1*grVlkhauotfW5TQEN1IljA.png

Last edited:
It looks like we finally found the final culprit of the Siege server crashes. It is being tested as we speak. As stated above, new maps for Siege are on their way, we are aiming to have 1 for each faction at least. We will improve upon Siege as well, just like other modes, it is just that the stability issues took way longer than expected and we were focused on that with regards to Siege.
I am glad you found the crash reason, it was really annoying to crash everyday and that you had to remove 1 of 3 maps because you couldn't solve it.

Regarding balance issues, please join EU siege server at evenings and observe some matchs. You will come to the same conclusions as I have mentioned. In summary; empire is too OP, menavlion light infantry and cavalry need to be nerfed or their price increased, half khuzait units need to be buffed heavily and given a 2 handed weapon(a version of glaive is a suitable choice)

example footage that show what I mentioned above:

Apart from that, you need to do something about G flag being easily reachable by attacker cavalry at the beginning of rounds.

I am glad you found the crash reason, it was really annoying to crash everyday and that you had to remove 1 of 3 maps because you couldn't solve it.

Regarding balance issues, please join EU siege server at evenings and observe some matchs. You will come to the same conclusions as I have mentioned. In summary; empire is too OP, menavlion light infantry and cavalry need to be nerfed or their price increased, half khuzait units need to be buffed heavily and given a 2 handed weapon(a version of glaive is a suitable choice)

example footage that show what I mentioned above:

Apart from that, you need to do something about G flag being easily reachable by attacker cavalry at the beginning of rounds.

We are planning to enable reflective friendly fire, you take most of the FF damage you deal, for siege to make engagements more meaningful. That should help with weapons like the menavlion being too effective.

We are aware of being able to reach G by jumping with the horse, that will be fixed

We are planning to enable reflective friendly fire, you take most of the FF damage you deal, for siege to make engagements more meaningful.
Oh thats a great to hear. You might want to consider making the self damage really low (10dmg) but it always stuns the player. The stun is enough punishment and the low damage would ensure that beginners with menavlion would not kill themselves all the time :razz:

I am really happy to hear that. Self reflective damage would also help stop battanians from archer spamming into melee fights.

You didnt mention anything about khuzaits. How do you plan to fix them? Rabble class has so low armour and weapons, people have to choose between armour and sword perk. Shouldnt their cavalry be cheaper than others? Especially they shouldn't have the worst light cavalry in game.
Sturgia, aserai, vlandia get their light cavalry for same 130 denar price, yet have horse and soldier armour perks. Its ridiculous that khuzaits have the worst among them.

Back
Top Bottom