Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

So you're working on a focus fire order to a specific target and a button to change the use of weapons, right?
Focus fire may not come with the initial update I will recheck its status, it is planned, but we are making other significant improvements to archer AI first. I will give updates as we move along.

It was decided that rather than having all troops hard swap to a weapon with a command it would be better if we made sure that the AI automatically swapped to the correct weapon depending on what weapons they have on and who their target is. It will be better for bigger mixed engagements.

We have a nice long list of AI improvements we want to have, we will implement them one by one.

Making it harder to happen, lowered damage. @NIN3
It will be less consitent for 2h maces
And will happen next to never for other 2h weapons

We'll see how it turns out once this is in. I assume crushthrough will happen quite a bit less overall and lose much of its relevance again in mp. If it doesnt we will need to do more. It was not intendend to be a gamechanger, but rather make shock troops better in sp and captain, while also giving them some tech use in skirmish and tdm.

Also related to Crush Through, we agree that this kill should never happen and that hit should not Crush Through. Sorry Popowicz ?

With skill-based matchmaking and visualization will the player just have an MMR or will the player also have a visualization of player performance throughout time. IE: Score, MMR increase, K/D winrate by each faction. This will give good input for players who want to improve as well as help players adjust their strategies by each faction.

Will factions get minor balances in pricing/performance IE Khuzaits being viable without relying heavily on horse archers?

With 1v2,2v3 etc.. can these be settings in custom servers should these be implemented in the future. Can this be incorporated in the clan system. IE players developing a private lobby the same way clan matches are set.

Last edited:
That sounds good, but hopefully we can get 2vs2 or 3vs3 on that duel arenas for mini teamfights trainings.
This is a good idea to expand upon, we can implement it after we get the mode up and running.

That's good to hear, as well as being able to practice 1v2 or 2v3 etc. is one of the few big advantages of the current duel server. Will be sad to see these options go away for a time.

With skill-based matchmaking and visualization will the player just have an MMR or will the player also have a visualization of player performance throughout time. IE: Score, MMR increase, K/D winrate by each faction. This will give good input for players who want to improve as well as help players adjust their strategies by each faction.

Will factions get minor balances in pricing/performance IE Khuzaits being viable without relying heavily on horse archers?
Players will have a visual Rank and MMR number. They will see the changes post match.
Detailed stat profile screen is planned for later.

Yes factions will have balance changes almost every patch.

That's good to hear, as well as being able to practice 1v2 or 2v3 etc. is one of the few big advantages of the current duel server. Will be sad to see these options go away for a time.
Will keep this in mind. (y)

@AVRC before I go rant, what are your plans for game modes that clans can be part of, like a battle or conquest mode, or even a siege mode that has team damage. Something that we can actually use more than 6 people for because yesterday we have 15 people in teamspeak and we couldn't even play together the way we wanted. I've been with you since 2012, been playing in clans since 2015 which has taken most of my 3000+ hours of gameplay in Warband and Napoleonic Wars. Please and im sure that @[CL]Octavius would agree that we need something for the clan community, and really the entire community to return to. These duel modes are great but they will not revive the game, only battle mode and private servers will do that, and maybe if you feel ambitious change the class system to the item system of warband, though its not a must the others are.

EDIT: just want to say thank you for finally responding to threads again and to keep doing so, the community gets disillusioned with you when it feels ignored

Last edited:
I don't get this well, when you enter the duel server will you be in a lobby with your character?
A tavern or some place like that with seats would be cool, maybe consider this suggestion too? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/feature-discussion-drink-beer.431805/ ?
This would be lovely too, being in a waiting area and with voice chat in duel mode and a tavern with beer, would be a nice addition.

Or even watch the duel from a seat while drinking lol

For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.

@AVRC

Will this duel mode transform into something similar to single player tournaments but for multiplayer?? Other then that, cant wait for captain mode enhancements. Will there be new formations planned for the future also?

Also related to Crush Through, we agree that this kill should never happen and that hit should not Crush Through. Sorry Popowicz ?

Very cool and good to see that you watch us play your game actually. I have seen quite a few development teams not doing this and making bad decisions based on not viewing their player base.

Could we please get some TDM maps with improved spawn points too? it seems like tdm is less of a priority than the other gamemodes despite it always being the most popular in the custom servers due to its casual nature. If the chaos could be toned down a bit and some refreshing maps were to appear id likely be happy to wait a few a month or 2 longer till we have the tools to create our own maps. I feel like if TDM does not get the support it needs and the casual playerbase will dwindle significantly without some lovin.

As mentioned in my post from a few days ago, if siege maps take 4 weeks to create from conception then I imagine TDM maps ought to take considerably less to make considering there is no need to AI meshing, levels, siege equipment etc. Having mapped in warband for around 3 years I dont think im stepping out of line with this assumption but correct me if I'm wrong

PROOF OF WORK-
unknown.png

Last edited:
Isn't teleporting people to separate arenas going to either:
a) murder peoples' framerates.
b) force people to wait a long time between duels.

Could it be better to just adopt the system that Mordhau (I think) and Warband uses?

In any case, I suggest that you include an inbuilt FT7 option. This would make duelling the same person much easier and more streamlined. Including it would be good for both casuals (who might only want to duel their friends), and competitive players who'd use this for tournaments etc.

That sounds good, but hopefully we can get 2vs2 or 3vs3 on that duel arenas for mini teamfights trainings.
Or battle so keeping track of the scores etc is alot easier.

With no crush through most 2h handed weapons will be relegated to non existant like Warband. While some should never be able to (menavlions), other like the voulge need it to compete with other proper two handed like axes or swords. And why restrict it to hammers? That's a stupid convention from Warband that makes no sense to keep.
Good. Right now 90% of players using 2 handed weapons cant block. Why would they bother, when its so much easier to turn away from the enemy, turn and swing and hitting for 80+ damage. Shock troops are basically the equivilant of horse archers in terms of frustration to play against. Its like fighting superman. Theyre stronger, faster,laser eye javelins, sure your weapons are kryptonite coated, but if he doesnt want you to, you're not getting close enough to use it.

Warband did it increadibly well. Two handed weapons would stun your blocks so you couldnt attack right after, but you're still able to defend. Two handed maces had crushthrough and it was still deadly especially in 2v1 situations but the mace was slow enough so you'd be able to left slash them. Not to mention the speed difference between players in Warband was pretty much the same, so you couldnt just swing, run and swing infinitly without being in any danger.

Could we please get some TDM maps with improved spawn points too? it seems like tdm is less of a priority than the other gamemodes despite it always being the most popular in the custom servers due to its casual nature. If the chaos could be toned down a bit and some refreshing maps were to appear id likely be happy to wait a few a month or 2 longer till we have the tools to create our own maps. I feel like if TDM does not get the support it needs and the casual playerbase will dwindle significantly without some lovin.

As mentioned in my post from a few days ago, if siege maps take 4 weeks to create from conception then I imagine TDM maps ought to take considerably less to make considering there is no need to AI meshing, levels, siege equipment etc. Having mapped in warband for around 3 years I dont think im stepping out of line with this assumption but correct me if I'm wrong

PROOF OF WORK-
unknown.png
We just added a new Tdm map. Tdm Spawn improvements are being discussed and will be implemented.

The crush on hammers was completely fine. It were unique weapons with a very low weapon speed but had the advantage of having crush.

It's what the game is supposed to offer you, compromises. Which the game lacks.

I was referring more to the fact that how voulges and similar short-heavy weapons should be allowed, rather than crush through balance.

Right now all 2 handed weapons require no skill. On Warband, the only place where 2h was nonexistent was battle (a game mode that doesn't even exist in bannerlord). It was THE weapon for duel, it was reliable on tdm and siege. Right now it's just a broken weapon that requires no skill. Players just skey and outrange with an upper attack. Hammers are the only weapons that make sense for crushing through. And don't talk about realism cuz I am not going to repeat myself. Having an axe crushthrough a 1h sword is retarded in a game

You know ver well that both TDM and Siege dont really count for balancing the game. And two handed only being started to be used seriously after: a) theh got crush through (overturned, I agree on that front) and b) they got small shields that helped a bit against ranged. Sword and board offers both offensive and defensive playstyles, while two handed can only really be used on the offensive; it makes them kinda a rock-paper-siccors situation, which I dont find that horrible.

Isn't teleporting people to separate arenas going to either:
a) murder peoples' framerates.
b) force people to wait a long time between duels.

Could it be better to just adopt the system that Mordhau (I think) and Warband uses?

In any case, I suggest that you include an inbuilt FT7 option. This would make duelling the same person much easier and more streamlined. Including it would be good for both casuals (who might only want to duel their friends), and competitive players who'd use this for tournaments etc.
Teleporting shouldn't cause framerate issues.
We will make sure you don't wait between duels if you are ready to go instantly. We will add more arenas to the map if it becomes an issue.

FTx option is interesting, we might add it if redueling ends up having too much time loss. Will playtest first then think about it. Thanks for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom