Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Warriors of Calradia

Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming weeks.

We are improving the mechanics for Archery and Throwing weapons, which will allow us to achieve weapon specific behaviour when it comes to readying up and aiming. This will allow us to create more unique feelling weapons and be able to adjust them independently rather than all together like in the last patch.

The AI is also getting many improvements to adjust to these new systems. Use of all Ranged Weapons are being improved by the AI, along with the ability to automatically switch weapons when the situation calls for it. We are expecting these improvements to remedy the major problems we have in Captain Mode at the moment, this is our number one priority.

Fixes to Cavalry Rearing behavior, adjustments to Crush Through and a fix to the Crush Through damage spike will be applied with the next patch.

We are also adding 2 New Maps to Captain Mode, along with adjustments and fixes to current maps. New Siege maps are also in various stages of development.

Many new core multiplayer features are getting added to the game such as Voice Chat, which will allow players on the same team to use their microphones to strategize, coordinate and cheer as they win their matches.

Another exciting new feature is the first iteration of the Observer Mode, which should enable players to watch ongoing matches.
Sound Occlusion will also be applied in a future patch to improve the overall experience.

We have had Skill Based Matchmaking active for some time now, and we are planning to take it further with the introduction of Ranked Mode, where players will have visible Matchmaking Ratings and Ranks depending on their performance in Skirmish and Captain Mode matches individually.

For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.

@AVRC

Crush through doesn't need "adjustments" it needs to be removed or set only for hammers (and hammers would need to be slowed down).

Duel mode sounds cool, but I need more details to be convinced. When you say any class, is it any class from ALL factions or just from 1 faction? Will there be regen after a duel ends? How do you plan on dealing with trolls? Will the new duel maps have a flat ground unlike all other maps or will it be annoying to fight because of annoying rocks and details all over the place? Will there be a teleport option when two people are in a duel? Will there be a proper duel request (like pressing f)? Can you cancel a duel, to avoid trolls? There are so much stuff that you need to address for it to look interesting.

Last edited:
For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.
@AVRC
That sounds good, but hopefully we can get 2vs2 or 3vs3 on that duel arenas for mini teamfights trainings.

nice balance changes, but I was still expecting some server news, such as custom servers, server mod downloads and for the love of god one SA server

voicechat is cool though, I bet a lot of people have their soundboard ready and I'll be pumping some hardcore beats for their teammates to enjoy when it releases (not complaining)

Last edited:
How about removing them. Making it harder to happen will just make it more rng, and more stupid. We don't want a rng based game. We want a skill-based game
It doesn't happen by chance, it happens by physics calculations. We increased the force required for it to occur so I will happen with only the heaviest weapons.

It doesn't happen by chance, it happens by physics calculations. We increased the force required for it to occur so I will happen with only the heaviest weapons.
But there is a percentage for it to happen right? Also, since the weight isn't even a stat ingame I don't think it's good. It's still rng if there is a percentage and hidden stats.

But there is a percentage for it to happen right? Also, since the weight isn't even a stat ingame I don't think it's good. It's still rng if there is a percentage and hidden stats.
No chance, percentage or anything like that, and that has been said many times. I agree on hidden stats like weight, shouldnt be a thing.

There is NO percentage chance for it to occur.

No chance, percentage or anything like that, and that has been said many times. I agree on hidden stats like weight, shouldnt be a thing.
I mean the result is the same no? Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it won't, even if you do the exact same movement and the opponent does the exact same movement. What is it if it's not rng and luck? the thing is it doesn't matter if its a percentage or a scientist physic calculation because the result is the same: a trash mechanic that look random and doesn't require any skill

I mean the result is the same no? Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it won't, even if you do the exact same movement and the opponent does the exact same movement. What is it if it's not rng and luck?
It should happen consistently with the exact same movements if the requirement is met. We fixed the bug with the inconsistent damage calculation and it is being tested.

It should happen consistently with the exact same movements if the requirement is met. We fixed the bug with the inconsistent damage calculation and it is being tested.
Why not removing it tho? or making it only for Hammers. The thing is no one likes the mechanic so I don't know why it needs to be the focus of TW when the only thing they have to do is to remove it.

Also, any answers about my duel mode questions?

This is a good idea to expand upon, we can implement it after we get the mode up and running.
I would like to see and most people probably something like 2 vs 2 ranked system. Upon ranked mode implemented having a smaller mode like a 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 with ladder and stuff would be a cool feature.

Why not removing it tho? or making it only for Hammers. The thing is no one likes the mechanic so I don't know why it needs to be the focus of TW when the only thing they have to do is to remove it.

Also, any answers about my duel mode questions?

With no crush through most 2h handed weapons will be relegated to non existant like Warband. While some should never be able to (menavlions), other like the voulge need it to compete with other proper two handed like axes or swords. And why restrict it to hammers? That's a stupid convention from Warband that makes no sense to keep.

With no crush through most 2h handed weapons will be relegated to non existant like Warband. While some should never be able to (menavlions), other like the voulge need it to compete with other proper two handed like axes or swords. And why restrict it to hammers? That's a stupid convention from Warband that makes no sense to keep.
Right now all 2 handed weapons require no skill. On Warband, the only place where 2h was nonexistent was battle (a game mode that doesn't even exist in bannerlord). It was THE weapon for duel, it was reliable on tdm and siege. Right now it's just a broken weapon that requires no skill. Players just skey and outrange with an upper attack. Hammers are the only weapons that make sense for crushing through. And don't talk about realism cuz I am not going to repeat myself. Having an axe crushthrough a 1h sword is retarded in a game

Back
Top Bottom