Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Battle would make it possible to run 2v2s and 3v3s etc aswell. Even duel tournaments would be easier to run in Battle mode than TDM.
Oh yeah private servers too obviously.

The thing which is missing - our fav Battle mode. Was looking for it for like 5 mins in the game. Couldn't believe it is not existent now

@AVRC I am not much into Siege or more casual gamemodes like TDM/DM etc., but consider adding account levelling to official custom servers too. People play on these a lot even though they could just matchmake. It's much more familiar, they don't have to wait and they straight-up see the numbers on the server. It's just a quality of life thing, but I think people might appreciate it.

Another thing I have to stress is cavalry in Skirmish. While it was nerfed, some mechanics are very weak while some are still extremely strong. For example, rearing doesn't happen nearly enough, in Warband, if you were to hit a wall in medium speed, you'd still rear, in Skirmish, it only happens in higher speeds which you won't really be achieving around fights. Second thing are inconsistent horse bumps, it is not possible to consistently bump people when you are on your horse, even if you rush at them in medium speed, they will most of the times just slide around your horse and nothing happens while sometimes, you hit them with your horse and they get bumped or even fall down on the ground - why? Randomness has no place in a competitive environment and should be as minor as possible. Another very disturbing thing is, that when you somehow happen to run over someone and you are lucky enough, the person falls on the ground and it takes whopping 3 seconds for him to get up again, that's enough to hit the guy 3 times, this thing, in particular, should be nerfed so it takes less time for the player to get up on his legs again. Overall, make everything more consistent, whatever formula you have for the bumps makes it look random and the feeling is very bad, I want to feel that it is me bumping people and outplaying them and not just luck or randomness.

Blocks and responsiveness are certainly on a better place than they were pre-1.5 but it's not perfect, you are still hindered by switching blocks or attacks to blocks considerably and certain feints are still very powerful while being elementary. Overall, responsiveness is what I miss in the combat, it still feels kind of sluggish and again, I have to compare it to Warband because it's the only game I can compare it to and the only game that actually did it better while being so much more simple.

Kicking can still be used offensively and I don't think it's good, you basically punish teams for retreating or regrouping where they have to shield and run from the engagement while actively pushing Skirmish gamemode where regrouping is essential after people dying. It's also powerful in fights where you try to protect yourself from the archer or position yourself better while shielding and yet, you get punished for it by getting kicked. I don't think it is the way to go, kicks should have stayed a defensive mechanic, not a one that you can use to offensively break opponent's defence in an instant and smuggle in a hit with a mace for 50dmg. It almost feels like playing against someone who can just bypass your defence with a crushthrough.

Archers are still by far the most powerful class, mostly because the shields aren't forcefielded - I understand why force fields aren't a thing anymore, but I ask you to reconsider this design choice. You punish people for nothing really and while it makes sense for shields to not cover your whole front, it also doesn't make sense to develop a game where certain class instantly has a considerable advantage over another just by having a bow that can, yet again, bypass shields. You can't use the directional shielding to properly defend yourself from bolts and arrows, you don't know where they are going to hit you and flicks from up close are still much faster than your ability to change shield position.

Couching is bad, I couched someone in full speed while he was standing for 87 damage, it was a light class, I hope that is all that needs to be said.

Crushthrough on every 2h weapon is busted, broken, op and whatever else we can call it, definitely a no, especially on light classes which can spin and jump around like a child on 3 energy drinks and not get hit.

2 handed weapons are WAY WAY too fast. I can't even count how many times I died to the battanian archer with 2handed sword because his weapon was faster than my 1 handed sword. That's not even funny, that weapon is going to kill me with 1 or 2 hits and it is actually faster than the 1 handed weapons and the feints are much less readable. Why? The only disadvantage for people with 2hands is the fact that they can't block arrows and couches, but why even would they need a shield when they are faster than light or they are archers that can just find a good position and basically be protected from the counters they have? Melee fights should be decided by skill and shouldn't be tilted towards the player with better weapon.

That's all I can think of as of now. Looking forward to the features mentioned in the statement.

Thanks for adding so many great features to MP. Just wondering when you guys will release the ranked matching? Could you guys provide more detail about it? Are u guys using numbers or like League of Legends using ranks? @AVRC

Last edited:
@AVRCFor example, rearing doesn't happen nearly enough, in Warband, if you were to hit a wall in medium speed, you'd still rear, in Skirmish, it only happens in higher speeds which you won't really be achieving around fights.

Archers are still by far the most powerful class, mostly because the shields aren't forcefielded - I understand why force fields aren't a thing anymore, but I ask you to reconsider this design choice.
I agree on pretty much all other points you made here than these two. The horse rearing is in a good place right now in my opinion. As cav uses momentum to rack up damage, having high speeds punished makes sense. The animation however is pretty long, and having it activate at lower speeds would be disproportionate to the advantage the cav player has.

Second, shields being force fields was probably my least favourite part of the warband experience. Please do not buff them any further.

@AVRC I am not much into Siege or more casual gamemodes like TDM/DM etc., but consider adding account levelling to official custom servers too. People play on these a lot even though they could just matchmake. It's much more familiar, they don't have to wait and they straight-up see the numbers on the server. It's just a quality of life thing, but I think people might appreciate it.

Another thing I have to stress is cavalry in Skirmish. While it was nerfed, some mechanics are very weak while some are still extremely strong. For example, rearing doesn't happen nearly enough, in Warband, if you were to hit a wall in medium speed, you'd still rear, in Skirmish, it only happens in higher speeds which you won't really be achieving around fights. Second thing are inconsistent horse bumps, it is not possible to consistently bump people when you are on your horse, even if you rush at them in medium speed, they will most of the times just slide around your horse and nothing happens while sometimes, you hit them with your horse and they get bumped or even fall down on the ground - why? Randomness has no place in a competitive environment and should be as minor as possible. Another very disturbing thing is, that when you somehow happen to run over someone and you are lucky enough, the person falls on the ground and it takes whopping 3 seconds for him to get up again, that's enough to hit the guy 3 times, this thing, in particular, should be nerfed so it takes less time for the player to get up on his legs again. Overall, make everything more consistent, whatever formula you have for the bumps makes it look random and the feeling is very bad, I want to feel that it is me bumping people and outplaying them and not just luck or randomness.

Blocks and responsiveness are certainly on a better place than they were pre-1.5 but it's not perfect, you are still hindered by switching blocks or attacks to blocks considerably and certain feints are still very powerful while being elementary. Overall, responsiveness is what I miss in the combat, it still feels kind of sluggish and again, I have to compare it to Warband because it's the only game I can compare it to and the only game that actually did it better while being so much more simple.

Kicking can still be used offensively and I don't think it's good, you basically punish teams for retreating or regrouping where they have to shield and run from the engagement while actively pushing Skirmish gamemode where regrouping is essential after people dying. It's also powerful in fights where you try to protect yourself from the archer or position yourself better while shielding and yet, you get punished for it by getting kicked. I don't think it is the way to go, kicks should have stayed a defensive mechanic, not a one that you can use to offensively break opponent's defence in an instant and smuggle in a hit with a mace for 50dmg. It almost feels like playing against someone who can just bypass your defence with a crushthrough.

Archers are still by far the most powerful class, mostly because the shields aren't forcefielded - I understand why force fields aren't a thing anymore, but I ask you to reconsider this design choice. You punish people for nothing really and while it makes sense for shields to not cover your whole front, it also doesn't make sense to develop a game where certain class instantly has a considerable advantage over another just by having a bow that can, yet again, bypass shields. You can't use the directional shielding to properly defend yourself from bolts and arrows, you don't know where they are going to hit you and flicks from up close are still much faster than your ability to change shield position.

Couching is bad, I couched someone in full speed while he was standing for 87 damage, it was a light class, I hope that is all that needs to be said.

Crushthrough on every 2h weapon is busted, broken, op and whatever else we can call it, definitely a no, especially on light classes which can spin and jump around like a child on 3 energy drinks and not get hit.

2 handed weapons are WAY WAY too fast. I can't even count how many times I died to the battanian archer with 2handed sword because his weapon was faster than my 1 handed sword. That's not even funny, that weapon is going to kill me with 1 or 2 hits and it is actually faster than the 1 handed weapons and the feints are much less readable. Why? The only disadvantage for people with 2hands is the fact that they can't block arrows and couches, but why even would they need a shield when they are faster than light or they are archers that can just find a good position and basically be protected from the counters they have? Melee fights should be decided by skill and shouldn't be tilted towards the player with better weapon.

That's all I can think of as of now. Looking forward to the features mentioned in the statement.

this is basically every word i would like to write in months yet too lazy to do it xD sum up everything in state of skirmish mode right now. i heard clan leader says he would trade 100 1hand shielder for a good archers. game mode so far is heavily dominate by archer and horse combo, if a good horse team up with good archer in random queue is just a nightmare for the other team.

personally i think is because the dmg out put a archer with right perk to 3 shot any class or even less with head shot and they do happen often if you close enough. and when you get close enough then they swtich 2h-class and you just fall from 1 nightmare to another. 2hander weapon is way to fast and deal way to many dmg to both hp and shield, make situation of 2 opponent spam attack of 2hand at you insane to deal with, since you cant run away and you cant hold long enough for the help arrive.

Last edited:
Sounds great, I think the stun from cav rearing is way too long and i never noticed it before and stabs from the sides and back now rear (gross), wondering if this was part of some new patch? Also pretty stoked for the Duel system, Would be dope if we could challenge people from TDM or other game modes to a duel. And can you add an actual sling to the sling? That would be awesome. Good job guys, I personally think the game is shaping up great.

@AVRC Archers are still by far the most powerful class, mostly because the shields aren't forcefielded - I understand why force fields aren't a thing anymore, but I ask you to reconsider this design choice. You punish people for nothing really and while it makes sense for shields to not cover your whole front, it also doesn't make sense to develop a game where certain class instantly has a considerable advantage over another just by having a bow that can, yet again, bypass shields. You can't use the directional shielding to properly defend yourself from bolts and arrows, you don't know where they are going to hit you and flicks from up close are still much faster than your ability to change shield position.

LOL!! Are u freaking kidding? Archers are by far the most powerful class?? Do we even play the same game? Let me give u a little tip on how to beat archers after 1.5.x. Don't go into a shieldwall, or circle formation around flag and be passive, waiting for 10 stars to fade away. Just run to then ( they can't escape ) and kill them, its really that simple.... This culture of wanting every class that own u to get nerfed must stop! Captain mode is a game of TACTICS. Use Tactics to counter other classes. And Infantry is not a counter to archers on its own!

LOL!! Are u freaking kidding? Archers are by far the most powerful class?? Do we even play the same game? Let me give u a little tip how to beat archers after 1.5.x. Don't go into a shieldwall, or circle formation around flag and be passive, if you want to beat Archers with infantry. Just run to then ( they can't escape ) and kill them, its really that simple.... This culture of wanting every class that own u to get nerfed must stop! Captain mode is a game of TACTICS. Use Tactics to counter other classes. And Infantry is not a counter to archers on its own!
He's talking about skirmish.

LOL!! Are u freaking kidding? Archers are by far the most powerful class?? Do we even play the same game? Let me give u a little tip on how to beat archers after 1.5.x. Don't go into a shieldwall, or circle formation around flag and be passive, waiting for 10 stars to fade away. Just run to then ( they can't escape ) and kill them, its really that simple.... This culture of wanting every class that own u to get nerfed must stop! Captain mode is a game of TACTICS. Use Tactics to counter other classes. And Infantry is not a counter to archers on its own!

Nobody cares about captain mode, we discuss skirmish

unknown.png

It sounds like it is though. This next update is targeted at Cap mode only, why do you talk skirmish? I feel like players from skirmish have destroyed cap mode with all their "ideas". Changes to balance in skirmish will effect the same units in cap mode too you know. Just keep your filthy skimish hands off archers ffs, thx....

It sounds like it is though. This next update is targeted at Cap mode only, why do you talk skirmish? I feel like players from skirmish have destroyed cap mode with all their "ideas". Changes to balance in skirmish will effect the same units in cap mode too you know. Just keep your filthy skimish hands off archers ffs, thx....

This thread talks a lot about this. You should give it a read.

Realistically, we are both screwed over by TW's refusal to balance these modes separately. Skirmish players aren't actively gunning to kill your mode; sure, they laugh at it, but there's no "skirmish conspiracy" to ruin your mode's balance. We're looking at a tug of war. Fixing captain's balance will make skirmish's worse. We'll then get a skirmish patch, and captain will be busted again. Lmao

Realistically, we are both screwed over by TW's refusal to balance these modes separately. Skirmish players aren't actively gunning to kill your mode; sure, they laugh at it, but there's no "skirmish conspiracy" to ruin your mode's balance. We're looking at a tug of war. Fixing captain's balance will make skirmish's worse. We'll then get a skirmish patch, and captain will be busted again. Lmao
And on and on the cycle repeats, Skirmish patch will make Skirmish players happy, and make Captain players frustrated because the modes are so vastly different but the balancing is done all at once instead of separately. Captain patch will make Captain players happy, and make Skirmish players frustrated and then we repeat.

Thx, I have read it days back. And until the Dev's figure out how to divide the different modes, Captain mode should be prioritized! After all, this is a game of armies that meet and clash on the battlefield, right ? It's not a 1v1 game. And still I don't see any problem with archers getting hits on shield inf, with a raised shield. It would be boring to play archers if shields would 100% protect inf.

Back
Top Bottom