Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah now that i think of it, it makes lot of sence, as i don't follow clan stuff almost at all, but the clan members do tend to play mostly matches agains other clans, and lose/gain MMR that way, which is almost a whole dimension apart from gaining it in random matches, but they are put in the same pool nevertheless.

Thanks a bunch for looking into this, i really like the idea behind MMR and am glad it's finally in.
Separating clan matches from the regular matchmaking pool should help sanitize the ratings as well.

@AVRC

Did the most recent patch impact or remove NA Skirmish Servers? The past few times I have played everyone in game has had a huge ping and the people in game claimed to have Queued from EU servers....

Happy to post proof.

@AVRC

Did the most recent patch impact or remove NA Skirmish Servers? The past few times I have played everyone in game has had a huge ping and the people in game claimed to have Queued from EU servers....

Happy to post proof.

There was a bug in the patch. It was fixed a day after. Are you still experiencing this?

I don't think it should. There is a big difference in playing as a stack as to going in a solo queue. How exactly is the MMR accurate when the other team has an unfair advantage? It simply doesn't.
Because differentiating doesn't work either way with how the current queue mixes squads and solo players. It would only make the calculations more of a pain and result in awkward team balance when players who played in a squad for a long time decide to solo queue and vice versa.

Also, thinking about it, people with a higher winrate should be rated higher, that is completely logical. That will give them higher total score and result in better players being put against them as counterweight. So the system is working as intended.

Because differentiating doesn't work either way with how the current queue mixes squads and solo players. It would only make the calculations more of a pain and result in awkward team balance when players who played in a squad for a long time decide to solo queue and vice versa.
That's a fine answer. I just hope people are not gona start being toxic as f when they have a good MMR rating and start comparing people skill using MMR when like i just said, it has some big flaws in it

I don't think it should. There is a big difference in playing as a stack as to going in a solo queue. How exactly is the MMR accurate when the other team has an unfair advantage? It simply doesn't.
I agree with Pacemaker, many companies try to find a good solution to party queuing and involving player stats. The only real system that claims to solve it is Trueskill. I think straight up just counting wins and losses is the best way for us, even valve caved in just cares about wins/losses disregarding stats and stacks.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

On Solo vs Party, playing in a party is a huge advantage compared to solo players. For example in solo queue yesterday I went 6-4, while in a five stack I wen't 5-0 and we were barely paying attention. I opted into a stack because I kept losing to stacks.

Because of this, I hope you're considering separate MMR for Solo and Party. That way, solo players don't feel like they're throwing away MMR while playing solo and there's an incentive to play solo to establish your individual rating. At the moment, there's no reason to play outside of a party except in a gentleman's agreement.

Wins and losses are the only thing taken into consideration, as it should be.
I agree with younes. League of legends has the same thing. If you are DuoQing there will be 30 mmr added to you because of communication advantage.
League does it like this:

Premade 1000mmr+1000mmr+30mmr penalty
vs
Solo 1015mmr+1015mmr

This system is good for duoQ but you wont be able to balance 3-6 stacks with it...

sorry if already answered, but are there any more gamemodes planned (like battle?). IMO a lot better than TDM as a "hop in hop out" mode. Was a big battle-fan in WB as many others and shouldn't be very hard to add :wink:

sorry if already answered, but are there any more gamemodes planned (like battle?). IMO a lot better than TDM as a "hop in hop out" mode. Was a big battle-fan in WB as many others and shouldn't be very hard to add :wink:

I think it was confirmed that Duel and a single life gamemode (not battle, but something akin to it) are in the works, but have no date as of when.

Back
Top Bottom