Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes we definitely want chamber blocking to be a more useful and less random mechanic. But it would require us to do an animation overhaul, which we don't have the capacity for at the moment.

What's happening is that it's really hard to make weapons collide in mid air. When going from blocks to attacks, the blend/ transition animation is very horizontal, but you want it to be vertical so it can collide with an incoming horizontal swing. So we would need to redo all transition animation and have thm be more vertical.

However, some parameters have been tweaked so they will be a bit more frequent, with the combat update.
One has to wonder what the animators are doing that would supercede working on combat animations. I was under the impression that combat was the most important aspect of this game.
Not that these animation changes would truly matter, since they would still adhere to the inherently flawed """physics-based""" system. Chamber blocking might be made more viable with these changes, but it will never become fully consistent.

At this point, I also hoped that TW would let go of the idea that one should to 'prepare' to chamber. (Maximizing the chances that your weapon would collide with your opponent's by first blocking and then attacking.) I find it extremely hard to believe that high level play would make use of this tedious process, especially considering how there will always be the possibilty for it not to work. Safer, more reliable options will be prioritized instead.

Regardless, thank you for letting us know. Communication has been outstanding lately.

One has to wonder what the animators are doing that would supercede working on combat animations. I was under the impression that combat was the most important aspect of this game.
Not that these animation changes would truly matter, since they would still adhere to the inherently flawed """physics-based""" system. Chamber blocking might be made more viable with these changes, but it will never become fully consistent.

At this point, I also hoped that TW would let go of the idea that one should to 'prepare' to chamber. (Maximizing the chances that your weapon would collide with your opponent's by first blocking and then attacking.) I find it extremely hard to believe that high level play would make use of this tedious process, especially considering how there will always be the possibilty for it not to work. Safer, more reliable options will be prioritized instead.

Regardless, thank you for letting us know. Communication has been outstanding lately.

Didnt they used mocap for some animations? Maybe they dont have proper access to said tools at the moment

Didnt they used mocap for some animations? Maybe they dont have proper access to said tools at the moment
I guess they will still keep the room to perform the mocaps; the tool and the motion capture artists have them.

blog_post_66_taleworldswebsite_04.gif

I assume they had/have fencing consultor; don't see Capt. Lust as a motion capture dummy. :iamamoron:

Running full speed straight into a wall at a very steep angle causes rearing. We also adjusted spear rearing angles and bumping/knocking down speeds.

We are trying to keep all the things that make cav feel powerful and fun to play while introducing weaknesses and punishment for bad decisions.

Can't wait.

Running full speed straight into a wall at a very steep angle causes rearing. We also adjusted spear rearing angles and bumping/knocking down speeds.

We are trying to keep all the things that make cav feel powerful and fun to play while introducing weaknesses and punishment for bad decisions.

Oh my god its perfect exactly what I wanted its going to be so ****ing funny to watch bad cav slam into walls at mach 10 and just get annihilated by people who know what they are doing

BREAKING NEWS: Bannerlord competitive community will lose most of its new members in the next update after they discover that they aren't really good.

BREAKING NEWS: Bannerlord competitive community will lose most of its new members in the next update after they discover that they aren't really good.
BREAKING NEWS: Inactive players will find a new excuse why BL is broken and unplayable.

Any word on a change for cav players being able to instantly raise their shields after being de-horsed? It has never seemed fair that cav players could block arrows while they were lying on the ground, but when a horse bumps an infantryman they are completely defenseless for several seconds.

Back
Top Bottom