Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Very promising statement guys, thanks for the detailed comments NIN3, AVRC & Azakhi.

@azakhi do you know if OCE will be supplied with a beta server to test the changes? I would really like to participate and I will advertise it to other clan mates of mine if this is the case, so that we can give feedback. I know other OCE players would be interested in testing the changes as well and giving feedback.

Cheers

So a question on spectator mode. For other games like Dota 2, Csgo, Smite, Rainbow six siege, League. Really anything with a spectator there are tools to help people watch for example, I will use Dota 2. Dota 2, While you watch you can view Net Worth https://gyazo.com/8740fd2d8657b73bfaf54bec9cd56cc4, or change that stat chart to something else https://gyazo.com/6915db6d88b13a112e5e8bb09c620ff1. Will there be anything like this for spectator in Bannerlord. Obviously from what it appears spectator is early in progress so I doubt this would be in but would you guys implement this? As a Man who likes doing analytics/stats this would be pretty cool to have ngl.
Yes, we have something similar in mind.

Will other regions be considered for matchmaking servers to go with this clan system or we all still have to wait for community servers?

Looking forward to private servers and eventually large scale Battle and Siege modes! I don't play 6v6 or captain modes personally.

@NIN3
Will the damage bonus for hold attacks be implemented?

Also since I have your attention:
Any chance you will rework the score to be damage based rather than assist and kill based?
I compiled a rather large list of player stats for BEAST and in the end I felt that some values weren't very meaningful.
Me and @Aprikosenmann made some suggestion on this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/whats-score.427754/

Very promising statement guys, thanks for the detailed comments NIN3, AVRC & Azakhi.

@azakhi do you know if OCE will be supplied with a beta server to test the changes? I would really like to participate and I will advertise it to other clan mates of mine if this is the case, so that we can give feedback. I know other OCE players would be interested in testing the changes as well and giving feedback.

Cheers

OCE won't likely have Beta servers unfortunately. I can talk with team and see if we can open a duel server for those who want to test combat changes.

Is chamber-blocking as a concept something that Taleworlds is still interested in making a meaningful part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?
Yes we definitely want chamber blocking to be a more useful and less random mechanic. But it would require us to do an animation overhaul, which we don't have the capacity for at the moment.

What's happening is that it's really hard to make weapons collide in mid air. When going from blocks to attacks, the blend/ transition animation is very horizontal, but you want it to be vertical so it can collide with an incoming horizontal swing. So we would need to redo all transition animation and have thm be more vertical.

However, some parameters have been tweaked so they will be a bit more frequent, with the combat update.

@NIN3
Will the damage bonus for hold attacks be implemented?
The bonus always existed; It was just very slight. "HeavyAttackMomentumMultiplier", is set to 1.2, meaning heavy attacks (the ones you hold longer) will have *1.2 their usual momentum, which is used to calculate damage among other things.

Last edited:
Other than that there were some new mechanics added to cavalry gameplay, making it more punishing if you make mistakes
ad976fcc3a89b4c3ac8ba5b873341ad8.jpg
I hope you know what you're doing and not just following the whiners' demands.

Can I just say this all sounds brilliant. I have been consistent on this forum for the last month saying we need to hold out for this patch - it can/should be the game changer. i'm glad to see it looks like I will be vindicated.

Server stability alone will do tonnes for the population consistency.

Yes, they are being worked on.
We wanted to get the combat and troop changes out first and the progression systems will come afterwards.
I don't think anyone can argue with that logic. Can you give us any hints on the broader troop changes? We have heard tell of a 3rd perk slot for example?

This happened to an extent. It is not exactly where we want it yet but will get there in following patches.
As long as the Aserai is toned down the rest is pretty manageable.

Are there any changes to the Battanian Wildling? Just a simple yes or no, dont need to go into any details. Its my favorite class.

OCE won't likely have Beta servers unfortunately. I can talk with team and see if we can open a duel server for those who want to test combat changes.
Damn, thanks for the honest answer. Hopefully team considers situation and we can get a duel server. I know that @RDP and I would at least play on the duel server to test the changes.

Back
Top Bottom