Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I am afraid too...:iamamoron:

tenor.gif

I mean as soon as custom servers are available this won’t be an issue as people will play where friendly fire is enabled and the official servers will be empty so ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Yeah I dont think Taleworlds realizes something pretty important. If Taleworlds doesnt adhere to the most basic demands from the community, the community just wont use Taleworlds' servers as soon as we are no longer forced too. If Taleworlds wants all the work theyve put into skirmish, tdm and the new single life gamemode which is supposedly coming to actually be worth it, they should really have their ears open when the community asks for certain quality of life changes. Something like reflective team damage has no detractors and from a technical standpoint is not that hard to implement. If they cant change their design for even the most basic of things, why should the community be forced to do what Taleworlds wants? If the design team doesnt respect the players, then the players wont respect the design team. The Mount@Blade community has demonstrated that it is completely capable of developing multiplayer mods and communities without any developer input.

The Taleworlds design team has a pretty simple choice. Either develop the game WITH the community, or the community will be more than happy to develop the game WITHOUT the design team. If all the Taleworlds servers are empty because players are playing on servers, mods and gamemodes we are forced to design ourselves, because Taleworlds didnt care when we asked for certain things, that is a Taleworlds problem and not an us problem. Its no skin off our back to play on separate servers than the ones Taleworlds provide. Give a little control now so you dont lose all of your control later.

Yeah I dont think Taleworlds realizes something pretty important. If Taleworlds doesnt adhere to the most basic demands from the community, the community just wont use Taleworlds' servers as soon as we are no longer forced too. If Taleworlds wants all the work theyve put into skirmish, tdm and the new single life gamemode which is supposedly coming to actually be worth it, they should really have their ears open when the community asks for certain quality of life changes. Something like reflective team damage has no detractors and from a technical standpoint is not that hard to implement. If they cant change their design for even the most basic of things, why should the community be forced to do what Taleworlds wants? If the design team doesnt respect the players, then the players wont respect the design team. The Mount@Blade community has demonstrated that it is completely capable of developing multiplayer mods and communities without any developer input.

The Taleworlds design team has a pretty simple choice. Either develop the game WITH the community, or the community will be more than happy to develop the game WITHOUT the design team. If all the Taleworlds servers are empty because players are playing on servers, mods and gamemodes we are forced to design ourselves, because Taleworlds didnt care when we asked for certain things, that is a Taleworlds problem and not an us problem. Its no skin off our back to play on separate servers than the ones Taleworlds provide. Give a little control now so you dont lose all of your control later.
Can we give him the +1 for best answers please?

Gonna agree with this. I'm done playing until friends tell me changes have been made. No point in even checking on the forums anymore I see.

Interesting interview referring the downfall of Robocraft. They changed all key features of the game attempting to attract new players but all they archieved was made the active players quit. I see similarities :sad: If the core players are pleased that means the game is good. And that will get you new players.

Class system is easier so it should attract new players riiiiight? No.

somebody at TW should play this video to management...

it would be a shame if TW makes similar mistakes
for example

" We are aiming to have a progression system on par with other popular multiplayer titles "
why? will bannerlord benefit from this or is there an idea that because other popular multiplayer titles have it bannerlord must follow suite?

and

" And the thing with data is that of course I can be interpreting it wrong. The goal of the data is to see the change in numbers after a change in game. I am excited to see how will next patch affect it. I just can't wrap my head around why percentage stayed same although availability of the other modes changed a lot. There is also other data showing some people only play TDM. So to me it points towards a population that simply prefers TDM for the moment. Of course time will tell. I can be wrong as much as people who doesn't have access to data."

Interesting interview referring the downfall of Robocraft. They changed all key features of the game attempting to attract new players but all they archieved was made the active players quit. I see similarities :sad: If the core players are pleased that means the game is good. And that will get you new players.

This is a great video, but you know how taleworlds gona act.
_YdZ0.jpg

" We are aiming to have a progression system on par with other popular multiplayer titles "
I think its smart to learn from other games. But they should maybe keep the core features and add nice stuff to it.
Battle mode + ranked mode = profit. Now we have Skirmish + no ranked mode.
Because battle was finished they would only have to work on the ranked mode. But now they only work on skirmish since balancing is near impossible.

Accepting the multiplayer part of the game has a less than satisfactory shape for most of the M&B online dedicated players is something Taleworlds needs to do, despite how awkward it can be. Knowing what we think about the current state after being in development for 8 years and having public funds (can't tell how true this actually is) is a very hard to digest fact.

I think its smart to learn from other games. But they should maybe keep the core features and add nice stuff to it.
Battle mode + ranked mode = profit. Now we have Skirmish + no ranked mode.
Because battle was finished they would only have to work on the ranked mode. But now they only work on skirmish since balancing is near impossible.

When you look at the MP part right now you could imply that a lot of smart descicions were missed in the the first place or haven't been considered at all. The foundations for a solid and sucessfull AAA title were given along populated and famous warband mods years ago. But it seems like something went terribly wrong and even keeps going wrong. The communcation between TW and its community has always been an incredible disapointment and marks them with a very negative image as a company, IMO. Started off with a lot of pointless dev blogs and stuff that nobody asked for, this adapted very well in the "end product" we're playing right now. Dozens of "features" nobody wanted and even yet nobody wants are still around. they stick to it at all costs. It reminds me of the beginning of pirates of the carribean when Jack Sparrow docks at the port on his
iu

Instead of making a clear cut, going for full transparency - admit the mistakes, clear up what went wrong and fix all the problems as a strengthend and most importantly combined community.

When you look at the MP part right now you could imply that a lot of smart descicions were missed in the the first place or haven't been considered at all. The foundations for a solid and sucessfull AAA title were given along populated and famous warband mods years ago. But it seems like something went terribly wrong and even keeps going wrong. The communcation between TW and its community has always been an incredible disapointment and marks them with a very negative image as a company, IMO. Started off with a lot of pointless dev blogs and stuff that nobody asked for, this adapted very well in the "end product" we're playing right now. Dozens of "features" nobody wanted and even yet nobody wants are still around. they stick to it at all costs. It reminds me of the beginning of pirates of the carribean when Jack Sparrow docks at the port on his
iu

Instead of making a clear cut, going for full transparency - admit the mistakes, clear up what went wrong and fix all the problems as a strengthend and most importantly combined community.
This. Just admit they were poor design choices and fix it. I can't tell if it's either pride of stupidity that the "design team" has to where they refuse to listen to player feedback. Literally no point in continuing MP if it's going to continue like this. No one will be left to care about the updates.

Wow man, this is a great video. I truly understand why they choose this perk system, but they must understand that the old way loved by almost everyone who played it, myself included.

This video is prophetic. My subconcious was superimposing a Turkish accent onto his words the entire time.

Can someone put this on a disk/usb and mail it to the TaleWorlds office, please? I honestly would, but I'm on the other side of the planet.

Back
Top Bottom