Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

i wish there were some co-op modes to play in mp.

Eventually, an invasion mode similar to the one Captain Lust made would actually be pretty cool considering how improved the combat AI is. I think that should be well down the line though, once the meat of MP is in a state that we all can be happy with.

Eventually, an invasion mode similar to the one Captain Lust made would actually be pretty cool considering how improved the combat AI is. I think that should be well down the line though, once the meat of MP is in a state that we all can be happy with.

Is it though? I feel like the combat AI is largely the same, maybe except pathfinding and ability to block attacks.

Except when you do circle-swings arround it, then you see how faulty individual combat AI actually is (this works the same for any AI lvl)

Not to mention that formation AI is pretty basic too and needs much more work.

if we can't get teamdamage, maybe we can get reflective FF so that if you teamhit someone, you take damage rather than them?
This should be a thing in TDM, i don't think anyone in their right mind agrees on regular teamkill, the amount of reports would be too much, reflective TK fixes this though

This should be a thing in TDM, i don't think anyone in their right mind agrees on regular teamkill, the amount of reports would be too much, reflective TK fixes this though
Always been a big supporter of reflective damage. It punishes the person who actually made the mistake and people take team-damage much more seriously when it's their head on the chopping block.

Obviously it doesn't make any sense thematically but game mechanics should come first.

The combat AI is better at fighting than the grand majority of people on TDM

Agreed I actually think the A.I. is pretty good in bannerlord. Yes it is exploitable currently but show me a game which has A.I. which you can't abuse in any way shape or form. People have very high expectations of video game a.i. and I have no idea where they get it from. I can't think of a single game which has brilliant A.I. opponents that don't rely on "cheats".

I’d like to point out that azakhi did indeed support friendly fire being added to all modes when I asked in discord but other devs(I will not name) said it would be too chaotic in siege, hence why it’s not enabled.

I agree with the reflection of damage, but I think that there should be a threshold of damage that you have to deal to a teammate to have reflective damage turned on. After you reach that threshold, you should be warned that "reflective team damage has been activated for you" for the rest of the game

I agree with the reflection of damage, but I think that there should be a threshold of damage that you have to deal to a teammate to have reflective damage turned on. After you reach that threshold, you should be warned that "reflective team damage has been activated for you" for the rest of the game
Sounds like a decent idea but might require extra work. Maybe they can aim to have that in a future version and give us plain reflective damage in the meantime.

I’d like to point out that azakhi did indeed support friendly fire being added to all modes when I asked in discord but other devs(I will not name) said it would be too chaotic in siege, hence why it’s not enabled.
You aren't the person I need to convince but Mount&Siege and NW MiniSiege (from memory) both ran reflective damage and were both very popular for a long time.

Having said that... I don't hate no FF on siege; it is chaotic. It's TDM, Skirmish etc that need it most.

Back
Top Bottom