Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any plans to release a preview of modding tools relevant to MP @AVRC ?

It would be awesome for Devs to understand the tools and how they work, even if it is a while until the tools are released
Also, a rough timeline of the Combat changes could be appreciated by many.

I support the implementation of Clan/Community features. However, those features won't be useful without enough players active in MP. Useful and meaningful changes could include map reworks, class system changes (or dare I say removal).

I don't have an exact change log because it keeps getting adjusted and play tested, but I can say that block, swing, feint, movement speeds are being adjusted among other changes.

No plans to put them on the beta YET, but we might do it later on when we are happy with the changes. We will have another test tonight and see how it goes.

Now that is good news. Good job.

What is the status on a one death game mode? Battle was the only place for me as I have never enjoyed respawn mechanics in any game of a similar genre, as it destroys the essence of deliberately thought out equipment, composition, movements and placement; an aspect one would think to be fundamental of medieval warfare. Respawning instead, largely creates a tug of war; while enjoyable for some, not for everyone. CS:GO would never have succeeded competitively without a one death game mode..

When if ever will we see the return of battle mode or will I still have to wait for mods to bring back one of the most tried and true multiplayer game modes?

Last edited:
This is why I am here.
I fully get that, and I really appreciate that you're doing this. Perhaps it could be incorporated in the main post a bit more in the future as well?

like giving rewards for leveling, daily/weekly quests, tracking achievements per match or over time, creating timed events, having limited time rewards and many many more....

As I mentioned above, we will build the progression system piece by piece and this is merely the first piece of something much bigger.
This though... can't say I'd enjoy features made popular by grindy F2P games in Bannerlord. I have to agree with the other poster that I don't see the added benefit to this approach (aside from that this approach is more "modern", so to say). Still, I very much appreciate that you're starting to explain what the actual plans are.

@AVRC Good news. Please tell me, are you considering the possibility of a battle mode appearing even in the distant future, or maybe something more global and deeply m to "Persistent Kingdom" or "cRPG strategus"?

@AVRC Is it possible that we will see a "Spectator" mode, or position where players can actively spectate games like in Captains mode and Skirmish so that we can better broadcast tournament/competitive matches to a public audience? Right now we are limited to streaming from 1 players perspective and are unable to really showcase the matches in their full glory. We in the competitive scene would really love to see a free-moving camera that can be accessed via a spectator so that we can see all the different angles. Thanks in advanced!

@AVRC Is it possible that we will see a "Spectator" mode, or position where players can actively spectate games like in Captains mode and Skirmish so that we can better broadcast tournament/competitive matches to a public audience? Right now we are limited to streaming from 1 players perspective and are unable to really showcase the matches in their full glory. We in the competitive scene would really love to see a free-moving camera that can be accessed via a spectator so that we can see all the different angles. Thanks in advanced!

Spectator mode would be really cool in casual play. I’d prefer it to limit the view the player’s perspective in a competitive setting.

Ty TW for update.

In future can we get any updates on any improvements for chat in the lobby or (big on the wishlist) in game voip? Communication really suffers and there would be better teamplay if we could use our voices and vote to kick.

Also please I’d like to be able to choose my weapons independent of class.

Spectator mode would be really cool in casual play. I’d prefer it to limit the view the player’s perspective in a competitive setting.
Us tournament organizers NEED spectator mode for our events, if you were to limit the view to the players perspective (which it is how it is now) we have a tough time showing the audience the full game and all the subtle angles that we need. Imagine watching the DotA 2 Internationals and only being able to see one players viewpoint for the entire event. It would suck. We need a spectator mode with a free cam in competitive play, it is absolutely essential.

Us tournament organizers NEED spectator mode for our events, if you were to limit the view to the players perspective (which it is how it is now) we have a tough time showing the audience the full game and all the subtle angles that we need. Imagine watching the DotA 2 Internationals and only being able to see one players viewpoint for the entire event. It would suck. We need a spectator mode with a free cam in competitive play, it is absolutely essential.

Agree totally. I just meant for the players in the game.

Just saw the Call to Arms custom server siege event scheduled for this Saturday. Why give them a custom server but not custom servers for all? Is it a stress test?

Just saw the Call to Arms custom server siege event scheduled for this Saturday. Why give them a custom server but not custom servers for all? Is it a stress test?

It's a special event, and even then, the last time they tried this it didn't go well, the server kept crashing. I suspect this is the reason behind no more custom servers, the ones they have work, most of the time :razz:

EDIT: Also yes, please gives us free look.
I’d prefer it to limit the view the player’s perspective in a competitive setting.
This honestly matters less than you think, especially in captain. Maybe in skirmish or this "one life" gamemode we have coming it will matter more.

It really boggles my mind that the devs playtest the combat changes, by far the most controversial part of MP, by themselves. You need a beta server NOW and let people try them AS YOU CHANGE THEM. We have all seen what only-dev testing did in the past, we clearly have a big gab between us when it comes to how design of MP should be. Not trying to be an ass here, just stating facts and obvious things.

Totally agree, it is on the list of must have features. We will get to is asap.

It really boggles my mind that the devs playtest the combat changes, by far the most controversial part of MP, by themselves. You need a beta server NOW and let people try them AS YOU CHANGE THEM. We have all seen what only-dev testing did in the past, we clearly have a big gab between us when it comes to how design of MP should be. Not trying to be an ass here, just stating facts and obvious things.
I have a feeling you will be reluctantly pleased very soon. ?

No we can not.

They may seem pointless to you now but implementing them the way they are, for now, will allow us to build the base for features like giving rewards for leveling, daily/weekly quests, tracking achievements per match or over time, creating timed events, having limited time rewards and many many more....

As I mentioned above, we will build the progression system piece by piece and this is merely the first piece of something much bigger.

Who requested these features? They seem like more fitting for a MMO, rather than Bannerlord. The "limited time rewards" also concern me.

My only hope is that these features will be scrapped, otherwise it will be a leeway for practices like microtransactions.

Who requested these features? They seem like more fitting for a MMO, rather than Bannerlord. The "limited time rewards" also concern me.

My only hope is that these features will be scrapped, otherwise it will be a leeway for practices like microtransactions.
Just wait for it man, we will have a travis scott event ingame for those limit time events

Back
Top Bottom