Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi TW, thanks for posting another statement, it is much appreciated. I find it especially heartening to know that combat parameters are being actively tempered with and that there will be changes.

AVRC previously said that he might be around to answer some questions regarding the post, I am hoping this is still the case as I'd like to hopefully ask some questions.

Is there any chance we could be given an idea of what specific parameters are being tampered with? ie block speed, movement speed changes, etc.

Is turn rate being looked at? I miss the feeling in warband of being able to consistently turn to fight multiple opponents if you were skilled enough.

Are combat mechanics like chambers being looked at? I have found chambering to be particularly difficult in Bannerlord (I have only been able to semi-consistently chamber with both players using polearms) and personally think they're a pretty important mechanic for a skillful combat system.

Can we get insight into the design philosophy for current combat? Is the 'weightier' feel of the combat something that is intentionally being designed around? It would be really nice to get an idea of what TW MP team thinks internally. What does the team think is most pressing issue that is causing a lack of fun for combat at the moment?

And lastly, will there be server arrangements for these changes to be tested on beta branch? Maybe Azakhi knows this one.

Thanks. Honestly a drop like this every week or two weeks just to say "Hi guys; we know this is what concerns you and these are the things we are currently planning" would do so so soooo much for this community.

Honestly this all sounds good - glad combat parametres are being looked at; personally I don't think they are terrible as they stand BUT there is 100% ways they could be improved and there are a lot of notable threads on this.

MP Progression sounds like you are planning perks to have level restrictions? Nothing wrong with that per say; very common for MP these days and if done well no one will mind. Recommend if you are doing this though that classes will need more then the 6 perks we have already. Interested to see where you go with it.

Hi TW, thanks for posting another statement, it is much appreciated. I find it especially heartening to know that combat parameters are being actively tempered with and that there will be changes.

AVRC previously said that he might be around to answer some questions regarding the post, I am hoping this is still the case as I'd like to hopefully ask some questions.

Is there any chance we could be given an idea of what specific parameters are being tampered with? ie block speed, movement speed changes, etc.

Is turn rate being looked at? I miss the feeling in warband of being able to consistently turn to fight multiple opponents if you were skilled enough.

Are combat mechanics like chambers being looked at? I have found chambering to be particularly difficult in Bannerlord (I have only been able to semi-consistently chamber with both players using polearms) and personally think they're a pretty important mechanic for a skillful combat system.

Can we get insight into the design philosophy for current combat? Is the 'weightier' feel of the combat something that is intentionally being designed around? It would be really nice to get an idea of what TW MP team thinks internally. What does the team think is most pressing issue that is causing a lack of fun for combat at the moment?

And lastly, will there be server arrangements for these changes to be tested on beta branch? Maybe Azakhi knows this one.
I don't have an exact change log because it keeps getting adjusted and play tested, but I can say that block, swing, feint, movement speeds are being adjusted among other changes.

No plans to put them on the beta YET, but we might do it later on when we are happy with the changes. We will have another test tonight and see how it goes.

MP Progression sounds like you are planning perks to have level restrictions? Nothing wrong with that per say; very common for MP these days and if done well no one will mind. Recommend if you are doing this though that classes will need more then the 6 perks we have already. Interested to see where you go with it.
No, we will not lock game play behind any form of progression. Progression related rewards will always be cosmetic.

I don't have an exact change log because it keeps getting adjusted and play tested, but I can say that block, swing, feint, movement speeds are being adjusted among other changes.

No plans to put them on the beta YET, but we might do it later on when we are happy with the changes. We will have another test tonight and see how it goes.

Sounds promising, we'll see where it goes. :wink:

If the combat changes work is it possible to open up matchmaking servers for more regions to bring back players?

If the combat changes work is it possible to open up matchmaking servers for more regions to bring back players?
We are discussing this internally, nothing set to stone yet. While we want to make more regions available there are some issues that we need to take care beforehand. And please know that not all of the issues are on us in this matter (server providers etc.)

Any ETA on the patch? This is what people have been waiting on mostly.
Soon. ^^

The changes sound okay, not much detail to actually judge anything but let me tell you: nobody cares about badges. Either put some cosmetic armor or actual visual customization of characters or nobody will care down the line. On another note, the perks/class testing has been done in 2019 aswell and while it was an improvement, it still backlashed because the class system needs an overhaul. Reworking perks will do nothing.

The soon is never soon enough, either way, I hope the combat changes will make the game competitively viable and enjoyable.
We are currently working on getting the next patch ready. This should have a few incremental improvements that I believe the community will enjoy. (Just to preempt any misunderstanding - It will be similar in scope to prior patches.)

We have held off on publishing it, because we are not just working on content but also investing a fair bit of time into refactoring some of the code base. Generally speaking, this tends to be a bit painful when it happens but is a necessity in software development that improves the long term health of a project. At the moment we are testing these changes and are trying to resolve any bugs that came with them (an unavoidable consequence of refactoring a program with this level of complexity).

Back
Top Bottom