State of the mod

Users who are viewing this thread

CEOofCalradia

Sergeant at Arms
Now I understand this is a beta of the mod but this isn't close to a beta. You can't release such a broken mess and call it a 'beta' when 80% of the players can't even join the game since they get crash as soon as they press 'join game'. It's not about being able to handle it graphically but the issue is faulty coding and over-ambitiousness from the devs biting more than they can chew.

Nubcake said:
Now I understand this is a beta of the mod but this isn't close to a beta. You can't release such a broken mess and call it a 'beta' when 80% of the players can't even join the game since they get crash as soon as they press 'join game'. It's not about being able to handle it graphically but the issue is faulty coding and over-ambitiousness from the devs biting more than they can chew.

Please watch what you're saying. Don't call it a "mess". It is only a beta which by the word indicates that you wont experience a full-working mod yet. So give it time.

AleksanderTheGreat said:
Nubcake said:

Please watch what you're saying. Don't call it a "mess". It is only a beta which by the word indicates that you wont experience a full-working mod yet. So give it time.

It's unplayable right now, the game crashes as soon as someone clicks 'join game' that is far from 'full-working'.

We wouldn't know of these issues without having a public béta, hence there is....a public béta.

Also people should read the temporary fixes that have been posted on the forum, they seem to work for most people.

Meh, I got myself banned on purpose by killing enemy faction members constantly, but it was satisfying because I got a last kill on one of the assholes I hate on the servers, I would not have done this if I haven't been dissapointed in the module during my playthrough and if actually grew to care for it. The state of the module is that it currently should be avoided and if we put all the technical/balance issues aside the primary reason is the ruleset.

Simply put, they think that the less rules there are the better, and its okay because it creates this kind of lawless athmosphere. But the bad thing about is that the rules that they do have are not clearly defined, and are left for the admins to interpet. Just like the common sense thing that admins used to say on Nexus, and look what that brought them. Now look at PW_Oasis clearly defined and detailed rules, people actually know what they can and cannot do and are not left open to interpreting of others. That is one of the bigger reason that the server flourishes.

To sum things up, if they fix the ruleset and technical/balance issues and if they bring some good admins in, this mod could flourish and become something really good, it has that potential. But if it just keeps being what it is now, it will keep being half dead untill it completely dies.

If I seem to remember correctly, your're trolling in the faction lead to you being outlawed, followed by you incessantly killing us, looting us, and then logging off inside York. You're one of the reasons that rule sets need to be MORE rules, because you acknowledge that something is allowed and repeatedly do it. You're part of the reason persistent mods have gone down the pooper in general. You realize that the rules aren't like a prison and you purposely abuse that. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you should. Rules are there as a guidance and stuff not covered by the rules is covered by an unspoken  creed among players.

From what I've heard is this mod (similarly to FW) hopes to revert PW back to the old days, where admins weren't required to reside in players rectums, and the community wasn't utter twats to each other. It's people who do what you do that further to bjork something that can be good.

DarthTaco said:
If I seem to remember correctly, your're trolling in the faction lead to you being outlawed, followed by you incessantly killing us, looting us, and then logging off inside York. You're one of the reasons that rule sets need to be MORE rules, because you acknowledge that something is allowed and repeatedly do it. You're part of the reason persistent mods have gone down the pooper in general. You realize that the rules aren't like a prison and you purposely abuse that. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you should. Rules are there as a guidance and stuff not covered by the rules is covered by an unspoken  creed among players.

From what I've heard is this mod (similarly to FW) hopes to revert PW back to the old days, where admins weren't required to reside in players rectums, and the community wasn't utter twats to each other. It's people who do what you do that further to bjork something that can be good.

You do not remember correctly, since you purposly ignore the fact that I was also killed on sight countless times by your faction members too, I was the product of your actions. I did not break any rules on paper and that is the reason I find the ruleset broken because it is open to interpetations by admins who fall to cries of rage. If you want to enforce rules, first write them down. I wont bother explaining how you were at fault, since I have no interest in returning to the module. So say what you wont, my purpose isnt to win the argument.

Dobas said:
momcilo94 said:
Meh, I got myself banned on purpose

Sorry, didn't bother to read after that.

And that is why your module will probably die, lack of interest of admins for other party and their side of story, succumbing to greater numbers to overule objectivity in pursue of greater module popularity. Sadly, you all end up the same way.

Anyway, only reason I posted my story was to warn newcommers to avoid the module until (if ever) its fixed, if they ever stumble upon it. I have no further interest to argue with biased people who cannot be objective in any way and I have nothing to gain from it, just further frustration.

Respond to this all you want, I will not waste further time here.

You were made KOS for TKing, stealing, and more. Stuff you were warned about. When you were outlawed you persisted doing so, hence why you kept on being made KOS. Granted it was a few individuals targeting you you failed to cease your actions.

My friend,

I did not bother to read because you said you were trying to get banned on purpose.....how can any sentence after that be of any importance to me.
Secondly, what you said in your second post, I did read.

There was no need for an ''other side of the story'' since you continuesly logged off whenever I tried to speak with you, or any of the admins for that matter.
What you did was killing a few people within the city as an outlaw , then log out, log back in after an hour and repeat, etc etc etc.
You did that for allmost 5 days straight.
Please tell me how your ban was uncalled for and/or unfair.

The map seems unusually large. I would suggest reducing the size and removing some things here and there, since Roma Oritur also experienced similar crashes with an excessively large map.

Back
Top Bottom