State of infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

Hard disagree my dude, Archers absolutely need to be faster than infantry in captain otherwise they are useless and get taken out within the span of them releasing 5 arrows
This is why you position yourself (as a archer) further away than your teammates infantry so they can hold off the enemy while you shoot.

If archers are faster than heavy infantry then all they have to do is run every time the enemy gets close. In a public game most cavalry teammates won't help their teammates while randomly running around the map. In organized games there won't always be a cavalry unit that can come to the aid of the infantry trying to push the archers to slow them down. Also, lets say you did take 6 infantry as your composition, how are you to catch the archers if they keep running because they are faster than you?

the infantry can control the Morale flag points if they don't feel like chasing archers, and archers will eventually run out of ammo.
When the infantry decide to do that then the archers will start shooting. If the ai archers can't kill the enemy because they have a shield wall, then the player will leave their ai and go solo and try and turn their shields. The ai don't usually run out of arrows and when they do they either have already have done a lot of damage or the arrows were wasted shooting at a distance. In the past I have gotten up to 63 kills in a single round as a archer unit. That shouldn't be possible.

A lot of this comes down to if you have teammates who know what they are doing. Sadly, 80% of the community runs around like a chicken with their head cut off.

If archers are faster than heavy infantry then all they have to do is run every time the enemy gets close. In a public game most cavalry teammates won't help their teammates while randomly running around the map.
True dat! But still it is not a problem the game has. It should not compensate for players showing idiotic behavior because this will disturb balancing within decent players (to which I do NOT number myself, lacking experience - but I played Counterstrike when some players still were liquid and the problems were the same in the late 1990ies/early 2000 with multiplayer)

Back
Top Bottom