Stashing elite troops in garrison

Users who are viewing this thread

Mexi

Recruit
Question: is it possible to stash elite troops somewhere while i go recruit new ones? I'd rather not lose them while i train new ones and putting them in garrisons seems to make them disappear

As long as you own the fief that your stashing your elite troops in, they should always be there for you to pick them back up, unless it gets taken over by an enemy. At least this has always been the case for me.

Actually that's kind of the best purpose for Castles. Putting your elite troops in the garrison will significantly decrease their upkeep cost. Provided the Castellan has been upgraded. But even the base is a 10% upkeep reduction I believe.

9j8a423.jpg

Cities as fiefs on the other hand don't get that benefit (they have a number of different build options). They generally provide a substantial amount of tax income, which Castles do not.

Beware tho your own clanmates can take'em into their party if they think they need to.

Hmm did not know that. But then again I usually don't let clan parties roam too much.

Can't say I've ever seen that happen.
Yeah me neither. However if you disband clan party they will go dump party in nearest garrison you own. In the past htier have also been bug where village parties or other unexpected troops would put themselves into the garrison, but I don't think that happens now. However, make sure you food situation is okay and don't even fill garrison to the max.

Can't say I've ever seen that happen.
This happens to me always. And they also tend to fill the garrison if it's too low.

Especially when they start a new party near the location, they will take troops from garrison as fit.

But only if they visits the location tho. I have notice they only do this at town/city but not castle. However if you bring them to one by having them in your army, you will see them drop or take live.

Last edited:
Yeah me neither. However if you disband clan party they will go dump party in nearest garrison you own. In the past htier have also been bug where village parties or other unexpected troops would put themselves into the garrison, but I don't think that happens now. However, make sure you food situation is okay and don't even fill garrison to the max.
I do think everything is in order.

I'm pretty sure because once I notice the number drop, I tested it by have a new party near the location, and saw it happened.

But as you put it this way, I'm not sure if it is intended. Although This still would seems like a good side detail to me, if however player can have option/more control over these parties behaviors.

Last edited:
I can confirm that other lords can take your troops in the garrison inside their party.
It doesn't happen too often, but if there's a war and other lords lose many men it's not hard to see them taking troops from every garrison.

I can confirm that other lords can take your troops in the garrison inside their party.
It doesn't happen too often, but if there's a war and other lords lose many men it's not hard to see them taking troops from every garrison.
That's what i was afraid of

Actually that's kind of the best purpose for Castles. Putting your elite troops in the garrison will significantly decrease their upkeep cost. Provided the Castellan has been upgraded. But even the base is a 10% upkeep reduction I believe.

9j8a423.jpg

Cities as fiefs on the other hand don't get that benefit (they have a number of different build options). They generally provide a substantial amount of tax income, which Castles do not.

Hmm did not know that. But then again I usually don't let clan parties roam too much.

Well, or it would be, if we were anywhere in the multiverse except Calradia.

You know, in the wondrous world of Calradia, there is a limited supply of farmers, but an unlimited supply of hair stylists. Every fief that is even only moderately well off will attract an evergrowing number of hair stylists, until the number of hair stylists consuming food exceeds the food production of the limited number of farmers. It almost seems as if the abundance of hair stylists in any settlement is what Calradians consider 'prosperity'.

And it's not like the gate guards are like
"Guys, kids are starving in this settlement, we really can't let any more hair stylists in, so piss off or get stabbed!",
they're more like
"Oh, more people consuming food but not producing any, while the settlement we're meant to protect is out of food and starving? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that! Come on in! Here's my last apple, I kept it for my kid, but a good hair stylist is way more important!"

And it's not like the garrisons of Calradia are like
"Hey, there's a food shortage, and we are the guys with all the heavy armor and weapons. Let's take the food for ourselves, protect the farmers supplying us and kill any and all starving hair stylists who want to steal any food!",
they're more like
"Oh my god the hair stylists are starving! We have sworn to protect the people of Calradia! We shall throw away our weapons and sacrifice ourselves so that the hair stylists can eat our dead bodies, while the farms are being burned down by invading lords because there's no more units in the castles to protect them!"

And it's not like the guards protecting the lady's stash are like
"Hey, our lady, renown in all of the lands for her generocity and mercy, has stashed several ten thousand metric tons of the most luxurious foods of all of Calradia as well as a herd of several hundred livestock in there, maybe she'd be fine if we took some of that to survive the famine?",
they're more like
"We'd rather see this whole fief burnt to the ground before we'll let anyone take even one sack of grain!"
(good lads they are!)

And it's not like at least the hair stylists are like
"Hey, living in a tiny castle crammed with two thousand hair stylists and having to resort to cannibalism to survive ain't as great as we thought, maybe we should just move to the nearest town that is just half a day's march away that has thousands of empty homes for cheap rent and markets brimming with fresh food?",
they're more like
"The evil capitalist aristocracy of Calradia is keeping all the food for themselves! As soon as we've eaten enough of the militia and garrison to outnumber them, we shall rebel! As soon as all the evil capitalist elites are gone, the world will surely be a paradise abundant with food for everyone! Wait, why isn't there any food?! And why are we now surrounded by dozens of hostile lords in immediate vincinity who are burning down all the farms supplying this castle?! This wasn't what the little red book has told us would happen!"

And it's not like the lady of the land, upon returning from her crusades against the unstoppable Khuzait hordes to save the free world, is like
"Oh, in the latest Update I've learned basic kingdom maangement, like telling the gate guard that they shall not let more people into the castle than the castle's food income can supply! Let me fix this!",
she's more like
"Oh, in the latest Update I've learned how to burn down fiefs! Let me fix this!" (evil smirk)

Calradia truly is a strange, strange land.

Are you sure it happens? They should be able to take troops from only their clan's fiefs. So your clanmates can take troops from your garrison but other clan parties should not.

If so that is correct, it has to be a new "feature" or hopefully a bug because as of 1.5.6 which is what I am currently playing, I don't have anyone but me taking soldiers out of my garrisons. If this is a feature, hopefully a mod'er will remove it ASAP because in my mind, no one but maybe the King has any right to use soldiers sworn to my banner. Also, especially since Taleworlds likes the player to be able to do with the AI does and vice versa, I would expect that if it happens, I should be able to empty other lords fiefs garrisons myself.

Never seen that happen in 1.5.7 beta.
I'm usually stashing an even number of my top level troops in each fief (like, exactly 100 oathsworn) to see the rate of disappearance.
I've got 27 npc lord parties in my kingdom, and we recently fought a 4-front-war and lost almost half of our territory, being essentially down to my fiefs on the frontline supplying everyone with fresh troops. Lots of lords down to nothing rebuilding their forces by draining all my recruits. The garrison numbers when I return are always still even 100's, and if not, I can find the exact difference in my Clan's parties when they've visited those towns.

Are you sure it happens? They should be able to take troops from only their clan's fiefs. So your clanmates can take troops from your garrison but other clan parties should not.
When I've had it (1.5.7), it's my clan members only.

If you all want and agree I can disable clan parties to take your men from garrison (for only player clan, npc clans will continue as normal). However note that then they will have to only collect recruits from villages and towns. It has pros and cons but it seems this feature (clan parties to collect men from garrisons) is frustrating for player. I wish I could add a checkbox but its not an option (will 100% rejected).

Back
Top Bottom