Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: Occupied city is starving, okay. I brought so much food there normal cities don't have but they still starving, because of the low multipliers and food bonus limits.
The food prices low despite the starving so caravans will bring away the accumulated food from the staving city instead of doing their work to bring food and sell them to make a nice profit.
The worst thing I cannot do anything against starving. If I bring food, it's basically meaningless. The market is full with food but the people have only a few to eat. This is not a fun gameplay.

The accumulated food bonus is -3 "only" but it's not possible to improve it at all. I brought food two times from other cities already.

Starving cities should have high food prices at least but a bit higher food limits and/or multipliers would be useful as well.

How to Reproduce: occupy a city
Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
bl-starving-death-spiral.jpg

bl-starving-city.jpg

Name of the uploaded file: Starving death spiral

Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
Look at one of the linked villages it only produce 6 food, now if it was abit better it woul be 10 or 15 and you'd be in the + side.

Looted villages play a huge factor in starvation, more so than before.
(Gargenolia only produce 6, the other village produce +18(Vinela) add that this specific Town is a 2 village only tied to it, and its already pushing it vs other towns that have 3 or 4).

No doubt they overdid it.

That said you have to little grain though, you need to dump about 1k or so at the very least to help it out of its slump.
I dont know if you can, but go to the 2 cities and 3 of the villages tied to it should produce grain + the one in the river there town, tied to the castle
I would say if you look on the pic where Cinnamon Atilion is thats where the first of the villages is, so you should scoop in 300 more grain from that atleast unless they have been raided.

So in all fairness everything is working as intended, is it alot harsher than it was? yes, do you like it, seems not, do I like it - > yes I do.

Whenever I siege or join sieges, I actually carry 1k grain with my party + often alot of other types of food, just to counter the issue.
I dont partake in sieges that much direclty, but "benefit from it this way" I have however 3 full parties at all times joining the fight in our armies.

I think the biggest issue with it atm, is the recovery time for villages is abit high, too high, and various policies hurt too much aswell, so they dont grow big enough.
Or in some cases they start out to poor(Sturgia towns start at 70-100 in my play, Northern Empire vaguely better, meanwhile Battania is rich like before)

also it do take some time after you have conquered a town, before it flips over, it dont do so instant aswell, can take 1 day or so.

But overall yes, they overdid it.

Fire your garrison, mate
He could cut back, but less security will hurt loyalty too, see how low it is?

The food prices low despite the starving so caravans will bring away the accumulated food from the staving city instead of doing their work to bring food and sell them to make a nice profit.
Yeah this is a big oversight to the food situation : Even though they're starving they(the town/caravans) only consider supply/demand of each item amount, so say giving the town 2k grain and fish (common food) will both pay the player selling to the store a cheap price and attract caravans to buy it back up for a cheap price.

@mexxico Maybe a fix would be for the stores to pay a high price for all food items (regardless of inventory amount)when starving (or close) to attract caravans so it can actually get all the grain/fish it needs. Right now they get say 2k grain (probably from player selling) and the price is super low, but they actually need like 5k more to begin to stabilize, but no caravans will bring it, they instead may buy the cheaper grain and make it worse.

I think towns are in a very bad spot now in the new update because trying to use higher tier troops to stabilize security with less food consumption ends up costing much more then the town can pay in taxes, so it makes the player question "What is the point of towns?". Further more it makes me wonder "How did these towns ever exist in this game world in 1st place?"

Anyway, I'm still toughing it out in a my new 1.5.10 game and I look forward to fixes.

He could cut back, but less security will hurt loyalty too, see how low it is?
You're right haha I didn't see their loyality. This guy is about to get Lageta'd

Maybe a fix would be for the stores to pay a high price for all food items (regardless of inventory amount)when starving (or close) to attract caravans so it can actually get all the grain/fish it needs. Right now [...] no caravans will bring it, they instead may buy the cheaper grain and make it worse.
So right now towns don't take food shortage into consideration for food prices? hmm it would be a good fix if they did

Lageta is the most disgruntled place in calradia. and now it's all mine!

^day 183 and we been through 4 sets of lageta rebels

As for the garrison to make security pop up, you dont need to have +4 or +5 security to get it up "that fast either" you could cut back on the garrison abit, just have +2 instead, think that should help on the food issue aswell.

The clue is that it seems that the devs want us to micro-manage the towns much more than before, but havent really told us overtly.
Also there could be village issues you could help out with to improve it aswell.

As for the pings to Mexxico to fix stuff is kind of pointless, unless something have change he dont work at the company anymore, look up at thread called "we need a new mexxico" some weeks ago.

Dont get me wrong they overdid it in this patch, as you point out towns that havent had their villages raided etc rebel due to foodshortage etc.

Epicoetra rebelled 2 times in my play, then I got it, and I baby-sat it until the Orchard was built, and didnt need to worry about that anymore..(yet)

The clue is that it seems that the devs want us to micro-manage the towns much more than before, but havent really told us overtly.
I think they just goofed tbh. Whatever they had in mind I don't think it is result we see in 1.5.10

As for the pings to Mexxico to fix stuff is kind of pointless, unless something have change he dont work at the company anymore, look up at thread called "we need a new mexxico" some weeks ago.
He works at TW though august IIRC and he answers in threads regularly.

Back
Top Bottom