Starting game with a kingdom. Balance issue. Saved by the poor A.I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a huge problem because you're making it so.
I make it so? I didn't make the mod that puts you in a charge of a kingdom in the beginning.

The developer enables mods to change how the campaign starts, and ignore the balance issues it creates.
And won't let players to adjust campaign parameters.

And you blame me about it. DOH!

As for OP- not sure why after a year they didn't have a strong army? Year is a long time in game to built up high tier troops.
No it isn't. Maybe it wasn't a full game year. Like I said, I only once rode Calradia around, and didn't visit even the Sturgian lands. I did 2 quests of the banner quest (took 2 hideouts). That was the back and forth riding I did, before returned to home. And then the Aserai declared war.

I make it so? I didn't make the mod that puts you in a charge of a kingdom in the beginning.

The developer enables mods to change how the campaign starts, and ignore the balance issues it creates.
And won't let players to adjust campaign parameters.

And you blame me about it. DOH!
Ok, let's get real. Are you trolling? At first I thought you were just a bit lets say... dense, but serious. But at this point I'm starting to think that you're doing this very much on purpose.

Lets go into a hypothetical example. If a mod adds dragons, but no way to actually effectively fight against them, then the weight of balancing the issue lies with TaleWorlds according to your logic. Thus TW should add magic spells that would be effective against dragons into the base game.

Do you now realize how ridiculous what you're saying is?

Ok, let's get real. Are you trolling? At first I thought you were just a bit lets say... dense, but serious. But at this point I'm starting to think that you're doing this very much on purpose.

Lets go into a hypothetical example. If a mod adds dragons, but no way to actually effectively fight against them, then the weight of balancing the issue lies with TaleWorlds according to your logic. Thus TW should add magic spells that would be effective against dragons into the base game.

Do you now realize how ridiculous what you're saying is?
If you could add enemies one can't fight against, and mods would do it, yes, then it is an issue that Taleworlds should fix. And Cultural Start mod is not trying to do something impossible and laugh at you. I've now beaten the Aserai, and managed to get a good start, but it was still so bad campaign start, it would need balancing.

And who is trolling? I'm blamed on this situation (and you seem to think I should be), and you are making imaginary hypothetical cases that have nothing to do with this case. It's your own comment that is ridiculous, I've stayed on the issue.

Last edited:
If you could add enemies one can't fight against, and mods would do it, yes, then it is an issue that Taleworlds should fix

???
🤨
???

Do you really want the developers to intentionally restrict modding so that nobody makes an unbalanced mod? Are you bonkers? How will I make my nude Rhegaea mod now?

Mods aren't magic, you cant just use a dozen different mods and expect them all to work together or even be balanced. And then blaming taleworlds for that is craziness.

Last edited:
If you could add enemies one can't fight against, and mods would do it, yes, then it is an issue that Taleworlds should fix. And Cultural Start mod is not trying to do something impossible and laugh at you. I've now beaten the Aserai, and managed to get a good start, but it was still so bad campaign start, it would need balancing.

And who is trolling? I'm blamed on this situation (and you seem to think I should be), and you are making imaginary hypothetical cases that have nothing to do with this case. It's your own comment that is ridiculous, I've stayed on the issue.
I guess my example completely flew over your head...

Last attempt in trying to explain to you in as concise and simple a way as possible.

The situation you found yourself in was because the MOD was unbalanced, not the GAME. Period. The End.

TW can´t balance a game with mods in their mind. They can´t even balance the vanilla game.

Do you really want the developers to intentionally restrict modding so that nobody makes an unbalanced mod? Are you bonkers? How will I make my nude Rhegaea mod now?
Do you really want to have them unbalanced mods? Why?

I really want Taleworlds give the player the possibility to adjust the campaign start. There's multiple ways you could have a campaign where you start as a kingdom. You could reduce the number of towns and clans the other kingdoms have, you could set a time when no-one would declare a war against you, you could start with a high tier army (or garrison).

Or if they don't want to give player this possibility, then check player troops/kingdom strength versus A.I. troops/kingdom strength. It makes no sense to have unplayable huge difference there.

It's not bonkers, I've played many strategy games where you can modify the campaign start parameters.

The situation you found yourself in was because the MOD was unbalanced, not the GAME. Period. The End.
Your reading comprehension is poor. Yes the mod puts you in an unbalanced situation. That's clear as rain throughout the thread from my comments.

The vanilla game isn't unbalanced. But Bannerlord supports mods! I'm not modding myself (except them .xml-files), so I don't know what modders can do, but Taleworlds could, and in my opinion should, ponder the case of unbalanced campaign starts with mods. It's not hard.

Your reading comprehension is poor. Yes the mod puts you in an unbalanced situation. That's clear as rain throughout the thread from my comments.

The vanilla game isn't unbalanced. But Bannerlord supports mods! I'm not modding myself (except them .xml-files), so I don't know what modders can do, but Taleworlds could, and in my opinion should, ponder the case of unbalanced campaign starts with mods. It's not hard.
Dear goodness, I do not know at this point how to make you realize how ridiculous what you suggest is. Nothing seems to work on you my friend.

The game does not support mods. It allows them. I enables them. It makes it easy to create and use them. But that's it. Whatever mod you install, it's entirely on the modder who created it and on you, who are using it. TW has absolutely no reason to add functions into the base game that will make particular mods balanced. How hard is this simple FACT to understand?

It is 100% on the modder to make his mod balanced. If he won't, or can't, then it's the problem with the mod itself, not the game. Thus, TW has absolutely no reason to do anything to make the mod balanced. Do you finally understand?

Also, there are thousands of mods, and if we were to go by your logic, TW should make sure that each and every one of them can work well. Because why should they stop on a mod that adds different starting conditions? There's nothing that makes that particular mod special in any way. Do you realize that this is literally impossible to do? It's not difficult, it's impossible.

Or do you think that TW should bend over backwards just so that a mod that YOU use works well? Are you that self-centered to demand something like that? I don't want to think that you are.

Also, there are thousands of mods, and if we were to go by your logic, TW should make sure that each and every one of them can work well. Because why should they stop on a mod that adds different starting conditions?
No, that's you expanding hugely. Why do you do that? Is that because you are Bannerlord fanboi and you need to attack criticism?
I'm not requesting them to pre-emptively fight all possible mod issues.
But they could easily fight unbalanced campaigns. All I'm saying. Stop expanding it.

No, that's you expanding hugely. Why do you do that? Is that because you are Bannerlord fanboi and you need to attack criticism?
I'm not requesting them to pre-emptively fight all possible mod issues.
But they could easily fight unbalanced campaigns. All I'm saying. Stop expanding it.
Because what you're asking for is already completely unreasonable, but you do not seem to understand it at all. So I'm taking your own argument and suggestion, and taking them to the logical conclusion.

Again, why should they fix YOUR problem with the mod YOU are using, but not others? Why this particular mod deserves the developers to "fix" unbalance, but others dont?

Your request is not reasonable in any way and has no basis in logic. I'm just exposing this to you, but you still dont seem to understand. You don't have to be a TW fanboy to see complete lack of logic.

Again, why should they fix YOUR problem with the mod YOU are using, but not others? Why this particular mod deserves the developers to "fix" unbalance, but others dont?
Someone else may, and probably will, suggest them to make another change to game, that improves issues with mods.
I'm saying this would be a good thing to fix. Nothing else.
And this does not have to do with mods either: to adjust campaign start could be a nice thing if you don't even use mods.
Why is it a problem to you?

You be a good nice person and play what is handed to you. I might criticize or suggest improvement, in MY opinion.

There are always those white (no offense) knights that defend the game. There are also some sane people calling them out. That´s a game life circle.

Someone else may, and probably will, suggest them to make another change to game, that improves issues with mods.
And this does not have to do with mods either: to adjust campaign start could be a nice thing if you don't even use mods.

You be a good nice person and play what is handed to you. I might criticize or suggest improvement, in MY opinion.
Because it's not an issue with the game, but a mod. Thus, it's not TW's responsibility to fix.

If what you were suggesting was completely unrelated to modding, we could talk about it and discuss it. But the main problem with your suggestion, and later arguments for it, is that you are advocating for TW to fix issues caused by mods. That is just unreasonable.

Also, I would suggest you drop the silly fanboy jabs, because if you think that it adds any gravitas to your position, news flash to you, it doesn't. It just makes you sound very, very immature.

It makes no sense to have unplayable huge difference there.
That's the way the M&B campaigns have always been: you start off with nothing and gradually grow into enough power to compete with and eventually defeat factions that are already (in comparison to the starting strength of the player) super-powerful.

I'm with you man, TW should be browsing through mod repositories and carefully examine every single one of them and then rebalance their entire game according to that analysis. And this should be repeated at least once a week.

Anything less than that would be just plain lazy honestly. Just fix the thingy, easy peasy.

That's the way the M&B campaigns have always been: you start off with nothing and gradually grow into enough power to compete with and eventually defeat factions that are already (in comparison to the starting strength of the player) super-powerful.
No it hasn't.
Yeah, that's the difference: you start gradually rising. Read the first comment with a thought (and probably some other comments in the thread). When you start as a kingdom, you don't have that gradual rising into power. Read it.

I'm with you man, TW should be browsing through mod repositories and carefully examine every single one of them and then rebalance their entire game according to that analysis. And this should be repeated at least once a week.

Anything less than that would be just plain lazy honestly. Just fix the thingy, easy peasy.
Go trolling another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom