Votes: 79 8.5%
  • Old Knight

Votes: 474 51.1%
  • Skilled Hunter

Votes: 359 38.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Troggdor said:
I like the assassin idea, sounds fun, now if only we could sneak up on enemy units and take them out before they knew what hit them  :smile:
Another thing, ive noticed some people say they use Alt+F9 for slow down effect, could there be any way to implement this as a battle ability perhaps? only make the character a little bit faster than the enemys  :wink: that'd be something i'd enjoy messing with especially with the already-speedy sounding assassin (if he ever gets made that is)

So basicly assasin = no armor + speed? hm would be cool but no idea if it would work with M&B :smile:

Hm if Chel could mod it becouse i played with this Alt+F9 and its too ****ing slow...

gregor_y said:
So basicly assasin = no armor + speed? hm would be cool but no idea if it would work with M&B :smile:

Hm if Chel could mod it becouse i played with this Alt+F9 and its too ****ing slow...

maybe not no armor at all, but extremely light stuff, and yes it is way too slow what i had in mind was slow it down less than the cheat effect so its actually standable, but slow enough to see them move so you can guess their attack before they make it, and block/dodge and counter attack as seen fit  :grin:

I've tried making assassin type characters and they really aren't all that fun in practice.  There is actually an assassin's mod that has some of the features you're looking for, but as someone else said, MnB isn't really suited for that type of stealthy assassin-like gameplay.  Knives get pwned and throwing knives aren't all that fun after a while. 

On a different note, I agree that an unmounted knight would be a good class to add. 

And to Chel: Best mod out there!

I choose the hunter but I like the prince's horse (it gets too easy tho, and the horse can die), it's like it had a name.
It'd be nice to name horses in the game BTW.

Well, you can always add a horse type and name it as you want, in item_kinds.txt . And better, adding a type will guarantee no enemies using your Silver.

HAAAAAAYOOOOOOO SILVER! [not]

hayabusa12 said:
I think that the Knight should have more in the way of starting str, but thats just me.

I completely agree, but then again he is a "leader" character, so to much more wouldnt be good for balance.

Kraven said:
hayabusa12 said:
I think that the Knight should have more in the way of starting str, but thats just me.

I completely agree, but then again he is a "leader" character, so to much more wouldnt be good for balance.

Hm well considering some weapons need hm i think i saw nice hammer 39 str required... 1-2 point more in STR for Knight wouldent hurt :smile:

Maybe more, because the Barbarian can have 30 str from level one and still have one stat point left over

I'd say a 19-20 starting strength would be fair for the old knight, but oh well on the other hand he do not have to spend points in agility for the speed in combat like the barbarian does.

Its in my opinion the thing is to find a decent balance between making the old knight a bit more or a fighter and not make the wandering barbarian useless at the same time.

Or i could just be plain annoying and suggest making the old knight even more focused on leadership and then make a Young Knight/Squire/Arena Champion option, thats based 100% on mounted combat with 1 hander, 2 hander and polearms, but make him incapable of using throwing and bows and why limit him from using those two things? Well we all know the typical "hero" type refusing to use ranged, cause there is no honour in it.

I wouldnt even bother using a knight or barbarian.;
You die to easily in battle.

Khergit prince is the best. that horse is epic and that an his bow you can take on any army without being killed.

shcben said:
I wouldnt even bother using a knight or barbarian.;
You die to easily in battle.

Khergit prince is the best. that horse is epic and that an his bow you can take on any army without being killed.
Die easiely in the beginning yeah, at higher levels in decent armor? The Barbarian atleast is a pure killing machine.

The knight is supposed to be a leader character, so yeah no wonder there.

Everyone has their favourites, and here is mine.

The Hunter is just murder, no other char can level as fast as Hunter at the start, You can take out almost anything as long as it comes at you one or two at a time.

The Merchant is very good if you plan to play beyond lvl 15-20 or so, anyone that has gotten him up there knows that he is almost a golden god, and high char and trade is just beautiful for the coffers if you know what I mean.

The Barbarian is too boring for me, its just too easy. Get cash get über armour
and nothing low tier can hurt you.

The Knight was a lot of fun same with the Prince, but I always die at lvl 10-15 by getting a throwing weapon firmly lodged in my cerebellum, I don't know why but about 5 or 6 have died that way.

Corporal_Nim said:
The Merchant is very good if you plan to play beyond lvl 15-20 or so, anyone that has gotten him up there knows that he is almost a golden god, and high char and trade is just beautiful for the coffers if you know what I mean.

I think the highest two levels I've made it were both with the merchant.
Max charisma & Intelligence for leadership, trade, tactics & healing and you're set.

Having two hundred or so tier 4-5-6 troops fighting for you makes the game pretty easy. Just make sure you stay away from danger.

Only problem I ever run into is at sieges when you have to fight the remaining troops in towns/castles - you don't have the option of staying out of the way then, and that's usually when I end up dying.

Hello all. Registered to say this is a great mod.
My favorite char is the knight.(good starting stats, nice equipment and overall good char.)

Id like a bandit lord starting character. Stats:

15 Str
21 Agi
6 Int
9 Char

5 power strike
5 power throw
5 athletics
5 riding
5 looting

undevelopable: trade and leadership
200 One Handers

200 Throwing Weapons

-100 Relations whit each faction and king.

Bandit lord insignia starting equipment wich gives you 5 daily mountain bandits and forest bandits not exeeding max.

=/ not my type of character... in my opinion the merchant is obviously the best, i got to lvl 9 trainer with 2 books pretty fast.... every day my entire army levels up once, causing me to almost never lose a battle, and always revive in time when i die

It just came through my mind, though I'm not really sure I would play as this char but worth mentioned, maybe somebody can come with better attributes for creating him.
A priest warrior. I keep thinking on the priest from "kingdom of heaven". If I remember correctly he was a Hospitaller and he was some kind of consultant/right hand of the lord.
This guy can be in the game, something like a priest who can raise morale unto the battlefield and on the world map, he can have exquisite attributes on first aid and surgery, maybe he can even heal troops on the battle field like other priests do. besides that he can always fight, as warrior monk orders are a common thing in the real world at least.
He should have negative points at leadership, trainer, looting, strength, prisoner management, things like that.
He can have a special attribute like a warcry made for the priest = God Call , who can rally troops (higher morale when it is implemented) or give strength bonus to all troops.

cifre said:
It just came through my mind, though I'm not really sure I would play as this char but worth mentioned, maybe somebody can come with better attributes for creating him.
A priest warrior. I keep thinking on the priest from "kingdom of heaven". If I remember correctly he was a Hospitaller and he was some kind of consultant/right hand of the lord.
This guy can be in the game, something like a priest who can raise morale unto the battlefield and on the world map, he can have exquisite attributes on first aid and surgery, maybe he can even heal troops on the battle field like other priests do. besides that he can always fight, as warrior monk orders are a common thing in the real world at least.
He should have negative points at leadership, trainer, looting, strength, prisoner management, things like that.
He can have a special attribute like a warcry made for the priest = God Call , who can rally troops (higher morale when it is implemented) or give strength bonus to all troops.

Sorry couldn't resist...

Hospitaller Knights is one of the oldest still operating orders in the Catholic church, they started out as warrior monks trained in healing, more or less a field medic. They where first of all Monks focused on healing ... the word hospital derives from the name. I have not checked this on Wiki which I probably should have before posting, but to hell with it I love being corrected.

i start with the old knight (considering i only have demo) its really good i find that i use the lance when i first charge (with my heavy cavalry) Then WAM all i hears is the groans and screams of my foes  :grin:

then i draw my sword slash,gash, slaughter it is all a slaughter  :twisted:

Hello,
I've a tiny complaint about the Hunter. I love wandering barbarians to bits but my current character is a lvl 34 'hunting barbarian'. My only complaint about my first barbarian was his trouble with archers; without a shield (on a barbarian? Lame!) I was constantly hiding behind trees to get close to them, but still died fairly often. Then I tried an archer: Fast levelling and, by chance, a comparatively high polearm skill. Just like my barbarian. After a few days I had the starting strength of a barbarian, a tempered poleaxe, but also a big mean bow for long ranged combat. Going one on one with most elites doesn't even scare me anymore, quite the opposite of when I was a young frail sniper.

In short, lowering max strength of the hunter might be a good idea. I'm feeling overpowered :sad:

Back
Top Bottom