Starting as a King

Users who are viewing this thread

Tipsu94

Knight
Hello !

I just bought this Dlc from summer sales and i must say i am bit confused with this option to start as a King.

I can't find how to manage this kingdom , all i can do is talk to Minister and change him to one of my companions. And there is pretty much nothing in there. Add money to coffers or change tax rates that can affect on kingdoms economy. And most of cities and villages does not even pay me taxes or so on.  Am i missing something ?

Tipsu94 said:
I just bought this Dlc from summer sales and i must say i am bit confused with this option to start as a King.

Hey @Tipsu94

As mentioned in the game the options to start as a lord or a king are meant for more experienced players. I would suggest that you start the normal sandbox (or even better, the storyline) first so you can learn about the game and its various mechanics.

Storyline has the advantage of a linear RPG storyline that will help guide you on your first gaming hours, great way to enjoy a amazing story and learn the game.

We have also some player' guides in this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323183.0.html

Feel free to ask about your doubts

kalarhan said:
Tipsu94 said:

Hey @Tipsu94

As mentioned in the game the options to start as a lord or a king are meant for more experienced players. I would suggest that you start the normal sandbox (or even better, the storyline) first so you can learn about the game and its various mechanics.

Storyline has the advantage of a linear RPG storyline that will help guide you on your first gaming hours, great way to enjoy a amazing story and learn the game.

We have also some player' guides in this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323183.0.html

Feel free to ask about your doubts

Thanks for tip , but with 600h Warband i guess im up to challenge. There is just few mechanics i don't know that good but i think i can figure them out somewhere.

I do not understant how rents & taffits work. I tried to hire that 3000 costing adviser too , but no. All rents are Unpaid even i have good relations with village & town. Low rate and so on..

Tipsu94 said:
I do not understant how rents & taffits work. I tried to hire that 3000 costing adviser too , but no. All rents are Unpaid even i have good relations with village & town. Low rate and so on..

You have many hours of WB, so I will be a bit more technical on my answers  :smile:

The 3000 adviser helps to diminish tax inefficiency penalty. So only hire one if it makes sense (you pay 3000, but you get more than that from rents + tarrifs as a result). As native, this is impacted by Campaign AI setting (easy, normal, hard).

Rents are paid weekly (well every 5 days  :razz:) when you see the budget menu showing up. In VC you have a chance that some of your fiefs will not be able to pay in that week, so they will accumulate the cash and pay it next time.

Example:
week 1: 500 rent
week 2: unpaid
week 3: 500+500=1000 rent
week 4: 500

If you see "None" that means your fief was burned (devastated) and it has nothing to pay that week.

Finally rent value depends on prosperity (0-100). A poor village versus a very rich one.

kalarhan said:
Tipsu94 said:

You have many hours of WB, so I will be a bit more technical on my answers  :smile:

The 3000 adviser helps to diminish tax inefficiency penalty. So only hire one if it makes sense (you pay 3000, but you get more than that from rents + tarrifs as a result). As native, this is impacted by Campaign AI setting (easy, normal, hard).

Rents are paid weekly (well every 5 days  :razz:) when you see the budget menu showing up. In VC you have a chance that some of your fiefs will not be able to pay in that week, so they will accumulate the cash and pay it next time.

Example:
week 1: 500 rent
week 2: unpaid
week 3: 500+500=1000 rent
week 4: 500

If you see "None" that means your fief was burned (devastated) and it has nothing to pay that week.

Finally rent value depends on prosperity (0-100). A poor village versus a very rich one.

This explains a lot to me. Thank you my friend.

But still im pretty much confused:

I am King of Denmark. Ribe and 3 villages. Tax rate is low and thats what i have been getting last 3 weeks:

Ribe rents Unpaid (yes every week...)
Taffits 200 max

Ribe by North Unpaid 3 weeks row
Ribe by South 350

Seems bit weird that Ribe can't pay me and taffits are low.  Hallvard  (mayor) told me that we are poorer than 0 centers , richers than 28. Produce less than 5 and more than 23 centers . Also we are third most visited center. This sounds for me bit weird , town can't pay rents and taffits are max 200.

But yeah , im wondering why does KING have a boat in beginning ? In Denmark you cant raid without boat unless you wanna pay for it and well in enemy land you cant just go and ask for boat ride. I think it is easier to start land of England instead of Denmark / Frisia / Norway.

Edit. FINALLY , week 4 and finally Very rich Ribe gives me 2k rents , but still only 200 taffits...

tariffs are from trade, if no traders make it to Ribe then there is nothing to collect. Destroy the vikings and other scum who attack traders  :wink:

JuJu70 said:
tariffs are from trade, if no traders make it to Ribe then there is nothing to collect. Destroy the vikings and other scum who attack traders  :wink:

This can't be working well at this moment. I told 2 of my lords to patrol around Ribe  and it added a lot of trader boats coming to Ribe. And i thought i would finally get some taffits. And no , i didnt..

what's the condition for a fief to not pay it's taxes on the payment day? i understood that they can hold the pay for another week but why? in my game it seems to happen with almost all my fiefs and it's been 5 weeks almost and still nothing except for one village who always pay on day, this way it's very hard to sustain my army and garrison, i lost lots of troops patrolling my fiefs against bandits with 150+ in their armies who respawn the day after i crush them, also i understand that in the new version they have an army in comparison to the players army but i think it's too much, i can never focus on war with another kingdom because i'm ALWAYS with trouble at home because of the bandits who destroy all my vassals armies and make me spend all my cash rebuilding my own everytime, i found it's better to only travel with my companions because this way the bandits have low numbers and are easier to crush but i don't think it's the intended design to have a king with no army to be able to secure it's kingdom (started on norway with all on normal with gore and 300 battlesize)

also would be nice to start with atleast one ship if you are a norsemen king, all my initial money goes to build a ship on the start to be able to raid and trade and then the bandits consume the rest of my money and i become a beggar king q

vonbalt said:
what's the condition for a fief to not pay it's taxes on the payment day? i understood that they can hold the pay for another week but why? in my game it seems to happen with almost all my fiefs and it's been 5 weeks almost and still nothing except for one village who always pay on day, this way it's very hard to sustain my army and garrison, i lost lots of troops patrolling my fiefs against bandits with 150+ in their armies who respawn the day after i crush them, also i understand that in the new version they have an army in comparison to the players army but i think it's too much, i can never focus on war with another kingdom because i'm ALWAYS with trouble at home because of the bandits who destroy all my vassals armies and make me spend all my cash rebuilding my own everytime, i found it's better to only travel with my companions because this way the bandits have low numbers and are easier to crush but i don't think it's the intended design to have a king with no army to be able to secure it's kingdom (i play all on normal with gore and 300 battlesize)

also would be nice to start with atleast one ship if you are a norsemen king, all my initial money goes to build a ship on the start to be able to raid and trade and then the bandits consume the rest of my money and i become a beggar king q

Well you could have inventory management 10 and take a boat to England , buy all the Wool with less than 100 from villages and head to Dorestad selling em all. You should get around 800 - 900 per one so its quick money and will be profitable even you buy boat trips (I think costs will be around 4 - 5 k ?)

Having this exact same issue. Unpaid, every time for "weeks." I managed to get the main town to start paying me by an event that gave them approval, and there was no back-pay. The villages under me still aren't paying.

Back
Top Bottom