Starting age - 18 to 21 is more appropriate

Users who are viewing this thread

So I went ahead and downloaded the mod linked in your post.
It doesn't crash my game, which is a good thing in and of itself, but I didn't see where I could Export/Import my character nor did I see where to reset my Skills Tree/ Attribute Point/Skill Focus/Traits or even modify the personality and growth potential of my companions.
But I'm keeping it because it seems to run better than this one https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/118?tab=description

Also, the female character is completely naked in the character Creation page of the mod you've commanded ?

The import export are available in the Clan menú, in the first Tab.
Other useful thing is that you can save or load faces, even in vanilla you could copy ctrl+c and save the values of the face, and load some faces like many factors made by the community.

PD: The author of the mod added the underwear if you wanna see it.

Vigor: 2

Leadership: 0

Charm: 0

Trade: 0

Steward: 0

Smithing: 10

The future King of Calradia ladies and gentlemen.

Vigor: 2

Leadership: 0

Charm: 0

Trade: 0

Steward: 0

Smithing: 10

The future King of Calradia ladies and gentlemen.
Maybe they want make a game about making an heritage to your family your progress, a game about generations or a dinasty in the medieval time ?.

Anyways in the future if the Nobles marry you could play with permadeath and see the rise and fall of noble families, that could be awesome.

Maybe they want make a game about making an heritage to your family your progress, a game about generations or a dinasty in the medieval time ?

Maybe they do, but right now the dynasty system isn't passing the eye test, it's pretty hollow at the moment.

My point was how hilariously odd it is that this 30 year old seems to have never stepped out of their house before until the start of Bannerlord -they have the attribute levels and skillset of a newborn baby, yet they're a fully developed adult. It's just funny.

That being said, their starting stats would be much more believable if they began as an adolescent/young adult (16-19) who is still growing/developing and learning about the world.

I thought I was the only that thought this. It would give the player more time for marriage and children. Presently we have to rush through the game to get a spouse especially for female characters. And the length of each year is very short meaning that we can run out of time. I think 25 is a great age.

Age slider must be implemented so every one can play whatever age they want. The hardest part is to make devs hear us . Suggestions thread just being ignored.

16-21 seems like a good range. Starting at the age of 30, where I have chosen Trained with Infantry and multiple military backgrounds, then have stats less than a recruit doesn't make sense. :smile:

When the game comes out and theres a sandbox start option, im hoping for various options, like in CK2 where the older you are, the more stats and family memebers you start with, where as if you start as a 16-18 year old, you start with a clean sheet and max a brother of same age. IF you start as a 60 year old, you might have children and grandchildren and then you get to pick your "heir" as an option.

When the game comes out and theres a sandbox start option, im hoping for various options, like in CK2 where the older you are, the more stats and family memebers you start with, where as if you start as a 16-18 year old, you start with a clean sheet and max a brother of same age. IF you start as a 60 year old, you might have children and grandchildren and then you get to pick your "heir" as an option.

I'd prefer it was more of a character generator, yeah.

I just spent over an hour trying to figure out ways of getting myself killed in-game (without using the cheat config, because I hate myself) so I could jump in playing as my brother instead. Why not just allow a player to go through options that would build certain skills to an acceptable level, at the cost of something else? Like sure, we're starting off at thirty, but if I'm going in with 150 riding, 150 polearm, 100 charm and 75 stewardship, I really don't give a **** if the starting age is thirty.

I'd prefer it was more of a character generator, yeah.

I just spent over an hour trying to figure out ways of getting myself killed in-game (without using the cheat config, because I hate myself) so I could jump in playing as my brother instead. Why not just allow a player to go through options that would build certain skills to an acceptable level, at the cost of something else? Like sure, we're starting off at thirty, but if I'm going in with 150 riding, 150 polearm, 100 charm and 75 stewardship, I really don't give a **** if the starting age is thirty.
I am pretty sure we will get a system like what i mentioned or something similar, i just think they started with the story mode in ea because its the thing that will be most prone to having bugs. Just look at VC were it was almost unplayable because of game breaking story mission bugs. I like having the story as its a fun intro, even more so for new mount and bladers, but a sandbox mode will definately be my mainstay.

In medieval times, 30 is already 1 foot in the grave. Alexander died at 32!
He died of sickness, nothing to do with his age. And since Macedonian noble/leader culture encouraged getting blind drunk since to them, being able to handle copious amounts of strong drink was "manly" and was another way to prove your manhood besides outright drawing a sword or slugging a guy in the jaw. Macedonian culture was very macho. Men were menly men or they weren't men at all. This drinking habit, already bad, was enhanced after the death of his closest main childhood friend/hinted-at-lover Hephaestion and there are reports he was frequently grieving and drinking more frequently than what was already near-constant during nights.

There are actually studies that claim he potentially died of malaria due to his already weakened immune system because of the drinking. Other that he died of liver disease brought on and quickly exacerbated by the enhanced drinking in the last year of his life. Then there is what most ancient historians believe, which is that he was killed by a slow-acting poison administered by his cupbearer. This is usually claimed because he was physically ill, as in fever and physical aching and overall weakness for 12 days before he died. Before these 12 days, he showed no signs of sickness and gave no one any reason to believe he wasn't fit as fit could be. So whatever killed him, supposedly happened within the 12 day time period that slowly wasted him away.

30 years old with 0 skills, while your 25 year old brother is an expert at many combat skills and social/trade while he's also charming AF.... wow wow wow wow wow

30 years old with 0 skills, while your 25 year old brother is an expert at many combat skills and social/trade while he's also charming AF.... wow wow wow wow wow
Pretty fitting if you compared me and my older brother, under most older laws my brother would still have stood to inherit everything.

Maybe they do, but right now the dynasty system isn't passing the eye test, it's pretty hollow at the moment.

My point was how hilariously odd it is that this 30 year old seems to have never stepped out of their house before until the start of Bannerlord -they have the attribute levels and skillset of a newborn baby, yet they're a fully developed adult. It's just funny.

That being said, their starting stats would be much more believable if they began as an adolescent/young adult (16-19) who is still growing/developing and learning about the world.
It sounds like to me our character is the perfect avatar for many a gamer. :wink:

You start off at age 30 with the skills of a slacker. You may have rode with the scouts when you were younger, but then you took tens years off to party!

Nogand, your younger brother, kept his nose to the grindstone. Just look at the skills he has! Why can't you be more like your brother?

?

Some of you are suggesting an age of 16. That isn't old enough for you to be considered an adult. You would have to spend the first two years of the game stuck in whatever town you spawned in. That would make for some exciting gameplay. I suppose you could practice some skills why you are waiting to turn 18.

?

Thirty is too old. The youngest the player should be is 22 and Nogand should be 20. Nogand should have skills comparable to the player at game start. This would make much more sense than being 30 with a younger brother who is 10 (Varic). Twenty years is a HUGE age difference between siblings in a world without birth control.

Starting age for sure needs to be at least 10 years younger especially given how long it takes to grind out skills points and levels.

Kind of makes sense also that your 'easy' levels should be gained in your Late Teens / Early 20's.

Agreed that a blank character with almost no skills like the player at the start should be younger, early twenties would be good this way you have two child/teenager younger siblings and an older brother with good skills at the start.

Back
Top Bottom