START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Users who are viewing this thread

My very small beginner's guide to the new mod.

I am a beta tester of the mod. In the past, I had to start again a new game.

I play swadian who is my favorite faction (very good knights, good infantry good range some cleric). I play swordman on foot. I began recruiting some troops. Because the fights can be hard in this game, I diseable companion's complaints to have the maximum of companions. I go to every city of swadia to recruit companions fighting looters then forest bandits. After some troops upgrades and some levels, I go to the mage's city where I can recruit the drow and the orc companions.  In this area, I can fight corsairs where I can loot crosbow, bolts and strong bow. I give light crossbow to the companions at horse who cannot use a bow. With rigale, you can make pistols But I never actived it.

Mount and Blade is a game where horseman are king (it is made by turks). To loot horses, I go in the lands of the khergits to find the bandit lair and loot it. I usualy loot 4-7 steppe horse or saddle horses for my companions. Lame horse heals when they are in the inventory and when there is a doctor like jeremus in the party. The horses that I loot in steppe bandits lair are enought to fight bandits.

The companions who are the most difficult to recruit for me are the drow and the orc one. I go often in the mage city. From the mage city, I fiight corsairs. Go to Suno visiting all the cities. In velluca, I usally recruit padubast who is the undead cleric. I never recruit the demon companion who is really evil. From suno, I go to dwarf city fighting mountain bandits. In the dwarf city, I buy when I can two rifles, one for me, one for bunduk. From the dwarf city, I go to the nords lands fighting nords raiders who have good armor. And I come back to the mage city.

After equiping yourself and your companions looting and upgrading your troops (and least infantry men of arms and crossbow men), you can fight dwarf and elf bands. Drow band are harder because they have mages. Orcs in the elf 's land are harder. But, you can have good loot (good mounts). I usualy don't fight demons or hell knights until I have a top party. If your looses are to high in a lot of fights some good companions like legazit of deshavi will leave the party.

Between dhirim and halmar there is an inn with a bank who give interest to deposit. I usually put fund in the bank to accumulate enought to buy a factory in a town outside swadia.

I usualy don't buy anything except foods. I equip my party looting. The money go to the factory. The exception is when I loot something who sell for 4000-5000 (usally fighting dwarf), I buy a heavy war horse for my companions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194

it really out to have a day or two testing but that's the file.
  I'm putting it here because Christmas IS this weekend, more or less...

Big  Thanks  to  Guspav  for sharing the code with me.

- GS

Updates folder:
  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing

2nd try uploading to NexusMods.  File size is 710 not 701 MB.
  OK its live now.

I downloaded 150b from ModDB.  When I was trying to unzip it, the process got to 99% complete when it prompted me for a password.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Thalion said:
I downloaded 150b from ModDB.  When I was trying to unzip it, the process got to 99% complete when it prompted me for a password.

and you used 7zip from  www.7-zip.org  ?
  There's no password

I could believe it if you used some other archive tool.  7-zip is totally free.  There's no reason to prefer some other tool.

Its possible also Windows OS wanted admin user password, because you were writing to a "system files" area (Mount& Blade Warband is installed into Program Files, so Windows guards that area.  If you are not admin equivalent user, I could see that on any program add or file operation.  But its not coming from me.  I could believe that if you were using a school computer or company laptop on a domain, where you have a limited account.

Try unzipping it first to some other place like    c:\test      make a folder  c:\test and try extracting it there.  Or just unzip it directly at your downloads folder. If its a windows permissions issue, Windows won't complain about putting it someplace that isn't under program files.  After the file is extracted, you'll know if it was the file is password protected as you think (which I doubt it is), or really something else happened and you just didnt understand what it was trying to tell you / ask you.

Also its 10 PM (22:00) here and I can't stay up.  I normally get up early in the morning because my family greatly interferes with my time on the keyboard -- they treat it like its their enemy.  Perhaps so.  I wish you the best, but its not locked, so keep trying.  Its the same file on google drive and at NexusMods.  Surely they'd have complained by now if it was really password protected.  Counting Moddb and NexusMods, there were more than 105 450  unique downloads so far.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing          <-- theres a direct link to the original file here.  Its not password protected, but maybe you're not admin account on that PC

gsanders said:
Thalion said:

and you used 7zip from  www. 7-zip.org  ?
  There's no password

I could believe it if you used some other archive tool.  7-zip is totally free.  There's no reason to prefer some other tool.

Its possible also Windows OS wanted admin user password, because you were writing to a "system files" area (Mount& Blade Warband is installed into Program Files, so Windows guards that area.  If you are not admin equivalent user, I could see that on any program add or file operation.  But its not coming from me.

Try unzipping it first to some other place like    c:\test      make a folder  c:\test and try extracting it there.  If its a windows permissions issue, Windows won't complain about putting it someplace that isn't under program files.  After the file is extracted, you'll know if it was the file is password protected as you think (which I doubt it is), or really something else happened and you just didnt understand what it was trying to tell you / ask you.

Also its 10 PM (22:00) here and I can't stay up.  I normally get up early in the morning because my family greatly interferes with my time on the keyboard -- they treat it like its their enemy.  Perhaps so.  I wish you the best, but its not locked, so keep trying.  Its the same file on google drive and at NexusMods.  Surely they'd have complained by now if it was really password protected.  There were more than 105 unique downloads so far.

No, I was using 9-Zip.  Installed 7-Zip and it seems to be working fine,  Weird.  Thanks for your help.

This is probably a stupid question, but I wasn't able to find an answer elsewhere. I reinstalled this mod, and I decided to make a bard/cleric hybrid. Since both are based off Charisma. The issue is that, I can't find a holy symbol. Are they just rare? Or are they only added into the item list if you're playing a cleric?

Double D5 said:
This is probably a stupid question, but I wasn't able to find an answer elsewhere. I reinstalled this mod, and I decided to make a bard/cleric hybrid. Since both are based off Charisma. The issue is that, I can't find a holy symbol. Are they just rare? Or are they only added into the item list if you're playing a cleric?

Hi. You can find holy symbols while trading with villages. They are somewhat rare, but should turn up from time to time.

Double D5 said:

Along with the answer in the above post, they are also at times found in Cities, goods merchant. They are definitely rare. If you dont know what they look like they are like a golden coin and the coin is laying down yet on an angle so you can see its round.

Hi! Can someone please explain to me how unarmed combat works? I kind of don't get it... It's just extra damage to normal attack with weapon or some animation?

Bloodwynn said:
Hi! Can someone please explain to me how unarmed combat works? I kind of don't get it... It's just extra damage to normal attack with weapon or some animation?

it didnt happen until patch 150e, patch 150f added to it.

this is damage increased when attacking while you are wielding NO weapon or spell  (and thus the right hand is empty).
  If your weapon (right) hand is empty (the left hand may still hold a shield), then kicks count also...

if you have unarmed skill, you get a SECOND check for damage as if it were a weapons attack purely for the purpose of penetrating armor.
  the damage is type blunt, meaning you might knock out an opponent on a good roll.  Damage can sometimes be doubled; the chance of this increases as you spend more skill points to increase unarmed damage skill.  If fighting someone who ALSO has unarmed damage skill, your skill is compared to the target's skill and now the bonus damage you do is calculated by the difference in skills, with a potential negative modifier for the first check and a skip for the second check, similar to a white belt not having much chance in sparring with high color belts.

The main issue I see after a few days is the check was slowing battles, so I've moved it to streamline the battle processing of hits for patch 150g (today's patch).  Look for it shortly.

Thanks for the fast explanation, Gsanders!

Unfortunately this skill doesn't look very useful to me. It's 100 times better to just max out Iron Strike and use a weapon. It's like a dead skill to me...

Bloodwynn said:
Thanks for the fast explanation, Gsanders!

Unfortunately this skill doesn't look very useful to me. It's 100 times better to just max out Iron Strike and use a weapon. It's like a dead skill to me...

see the precise breakdown of how it changed at 150F at
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305005.msg8899662.html#msg8899662
    it technically more dangerous to opponents with unarmed skill 4+ than it is to hold a cudgel, plus the risk of double damage, plus its really two stikes per strike at skill > 1.  Plus it probably also affects kicks while the weapon hand is empty (no weapon or spell wielded).

my short explanation probably wasn't precise enough.

Bloodwynn said:

Do also try to remember that this is also a ROLE PLAYING game...some people may want to be a monk or some form of martial artist...play what fits your style and or desire in this world.

If anything, you could be using it to fuel your game by making it a greater challenge for your characters life in Calradia...a person that is not a number cruncher looking at medieval weapons thinking that if he uses that axe over there he is going to be getting 0.002% more damage during a battle but as a real person who was too poor to ever own a weapon and learned how to survive with his FISTS or perhaps your character was born into a religious family and was taught that weapons are the work of the devil!

:fruity:

adrakken said:
Bloodwynn said:

Do also try to remember that this is also a ROLE PLAYING game...some people may want to be a monk or some form of martial artist...play what fits your style and or desire in this world.

If anything, you could be using it to fuel your game by making it a greater challenge for your characters life in Calradia...a person that is not a number cruncher looking at medieval weapons thinking that if he uses that axe over there he is going to be getting 0.002% more damage during a battle but as a real person who was too poor to ever own a weapon and learned how to survive with his FISTS or perhaps your character was born into a religious family and was taught that weapons are the work of the devil!

:fruity:

there's hope for you Adrakken.  I like that second one...

My OPINION, from which I base my internal "canon", is Martial Arts unlocks mastery of Ki, but that in turn unlocks knowledge of the portals to positive and negative divine energies.  The individual then attunes themselves to one or the other, until it fills their character and pulls on their future.  Thus Blazing Hand offers martial arts instruction first to the novices they recruit, as they build spirit.  The Drow, who value any tool that assists their assassinations and rise within the oligarchy, value martial arts for its value in sneak attacks and drawing power as they seek to become priestesses.  thus with 150F we see a rather pronounced change in unarmed skills for both factions.  We also see Master Nadia receive her color belt while exploring power as a lord of the Mageocracy.
Some queens have discovered it boosts their powers and heightened what skills they had.  As yet unproven however are rumors that other skills, such as precognition, are ALSO amplified by attuning the nervous system through martial arts.  So far, there is no "scientific proof".  It remains, like most things of a powerful nature, rumors, superstitions, legends, and doubtless a little exaggeration by professional liars and storytellers.  Except when it happens... in which case, the lords and ladies experiencing this seldom mention it to others.  One never knows then, what secrets every faction keep from each other, or feel the other factions simply aren't worthy to comprehend and thus sealed the knowledge as a mystery or legend within tradition.

Flying from martial arts?  Ludicrous!

In response to everyone above me. I'm currently working on an orc who only punches ****. Early game is a ****ing *****. Maybe even impossible, I might stick with a weapon till I get strong enough to get unarmed +10

About Paladin.. is he can only using one skill at a time?
someone mention about aura :???: I think haste, attack buff and regenerates are aura? we can only use one of these three at a time, am I right?

has anyone any tips on how to have a high morale all the time? Im running around with 100 mages and if i dont kill a huge party every 2nd day my morale sinks to average and low.

whydott said:
About Paladin.. is he can only using one skill at a time?
someone mention about aura :???: I think haste, attack buff and regenerates are aura? we can only use one of these three at a time, am I right?

No they are fire and forget.  Each starts a DIFFERENT 30 second timer at every agent they touch.  Cycle through all the auras as fast as you can click till you run out of faith points to spend; each effect is on a 30 second, separate timer, checked each 3 seconds to reduce the impact on bandwidth.

Deregate said:
has anyone any tips on how to have a high morale all the time? Im running around with 100 mages and if i dont kill a huge party every 2nd day my morale sinks to average and low.

look at my save games in this folder
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing

Go to the save games folder you find in there, copy them someplace, find YOUR savegames folder (its in documents folder of Windows, not where the mod is) copy them one at a time to your savegame folder, unzip one or two of them, make sure the file ends up named sg00.sav  through sg08.sav (you'll have already a few so just rename to anything sg0x.sav where x is a digit between 0 and 8.  Those correspond to the 9 save games Warband will let you choose from.  Everything else won't be offered to load a game from.  I recommend sg06.sav, sg07.sav. or sg08.sav as perfectly good instructional examples.  See how I lay out food, drink, companion order, items on companions, skills on companions, what my rigale skills look like, go craft something with them, walk them around and see rigale harvest nodes open up, notice how they can visit more cities than you do, notice how they are dressed.  None of them ever went to a tournament and none of them ever used or needed a cheat.  Then you can come here and write what tips you have for the next guy/gal.

What a deal!

my savegame file is exactly at:  This PC\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\Phantasy v150
    whatever you called the folder the mod runs from is the savegame folder name.  It gets auto-created after you start a character and save for the first time.

- GS

Back
Top Bottom