START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Users who are viewing this thread

awkwarrd said:
guspav said:
Ah it's time to unsheathe my +5 vorpal sword of moderation once again!

Swish! Snicker Snack!

Now about the updates, I work on the mod whenever I have the time. If I have been a bit more sparse is because I have many real life stuff I need to attend to. While I love my mod, it certainly doesn't pay the bills or has a high priority amongst all my real life activities (like the hobby it is).
So I am sorry if you're growing desperate, but the next update will be done when it's done.
I kind of took a very large bite  too hard to chew with the current clerics project, otherwise I suppose I would be done by now. That and I frequently think of things that would be cool to be added as well and get distracted by that :razz:

I will probably have a bit more time these weeks, since I don't have that much work in december-january, so I am guessing I will develop the mod significantly.
It only took some extreme prodding and some other fans to get involved for you to just talk about the update..
It's not desperate i just figure you'v lied a couple timed before, whats to stop it.
I mean you have said 3 times so far when the mod would be ready or atleast close, and those dates are come and gone, and you said nothing each and everytime, just more the "done when its done", and the 4th lie is in 4 days, and i doubt you will release it in that time.
I dunno how you logic, if it was just a hobby, then why lie and then not talk about it? why not say why it was delayed? like why not?
If its a hobby why the lack of communication?
Just too many questions, it all seems creepy and cheesy PR talk.

But now i see youre just adding random things on the fly that are "cool" so basically its done when you can be bothered really.

All i asked was for info and updates, and so did others, and then just some interaction from you, simple as that.
Your post only needed the stuff about clerics to be all that was needed to increase the blood flow for the mod, maybe the cleric info could be slightly more interesting, a "huge bite" to me means nothing, basically let the imagination run wild because that tells me nothing.. literally.

I'v actually lost interest at this point, came back to see how long it took for you to finally reply to a forum thread and you deleted the posts i made.. pfft.
looks like 2 weeks worth of waiting before you stepped up to say nothing much more than expected.

I don't understand why you keep acting like you were my boss so let me say this:
- I have no obligations towards you or anyone on these forums other than personal respect.
- I don't care if you lost interest, but about what I care about is that your rantings are now borderline trolling and trolling is forbidden, so, if you keep trying to hijack this or other threads, I'll have to mute you or even report you to the admins and have you banned.
- I don't see you trying to help out with the mod in any way, perhaps if you gave me a hand with coding, modelling, texturing or any other stuff, things would go faster and maybe even you'd have the right to complain about something taking too long.
- There are a ton of other mods you can try, if this one isn't interesting, go play another one and if no other mods do exactly what you want, you are free to make your own.

The fact that dude there don't have much patience as us and it's up to you Guspav whether you want to disclose some information about the next update or something and also don't worry about them and keep working, you have our support there and modding a game is the same as making a new game.

truth1001 said:
TELL EM GUZPAV. itl be done when its dam well done :party:
:iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

MrSplashy said:
The fact that dude there don't have much patience as us and it's up to you Guspav whether you want to disclose some information about the next update or something and also don't worry about them and keep working, you have our support there and modding a game is the same as making a new game.
+1

First off let me say its appalling how that other poster thinks he's entitled to anything. He's not paid money, he's not a customer, he should be humbly grateful for all the hard work you've put in till this point  for all our benefit, and if you take anything away from that nonesense, take away that there is a legion of us that have had so much fun with your work. Take your time, enjoy your modding, and its a pity there is no mute button for silliness like that.

I will ask what I came here to ask though, that aside.

Are you tweaking lich balance in this update. Its been a while I might have suggested it before, apologies if I did.

Pros
- They are immune to charm and chaos spells
- They don't need food (need to verify that)
- They have a fear aura around them that will  make weak enemies run away immediately
- They get a 3 bonus in Intelligence (mundane troubles of mortals don't bother then anymore and thus are more focused)
- They look badass as evil warlords

Cons
- They get a 3 penalty in Charisma and a 2 penalty in Agility (they are walking corpses so they aren't pleasant to look at and they are stiffer than living beings)
- Most factions will consider them abominations and will try to destroy them on sight
- They can be turned/destroyed by high level clerics
- White bolts will damage them.

This seems unbalanced at the moment toward being detrimental.

Apart from looking cool, it seems to expose you to much more damage and take more stats away, while giving you a minor bolster to what should be an already decent resist (with high int) and a fun aura.
I am absolutely fine with the negatives, but it could use more positives. Maybe a special troop type they get to raise, 5 that accompany them by default on the battle start as a personal guard or some such. Wraithguard or Blackguard or some such tough personal guard, if you wanted some fancy lore:

Soulshards -  5 shattered parts of your soul, reanimated as wards that shield your undying body.

Torrential said:
Apart from looking cool, it seems to expose you to much more damage and take more stats away, while giving you a minor bolster to what should be an already decent resist (with high int) and a fun aura.
I am absolutely fine with the negatives, but it could use more positives.
+1
It is unbalanced.
A nice pro would be morale boost for your troops (Like the boost dark mages give)

+1 to boosted lichdom.

Faster mana regen, perhaps? But that's for mage-liches and since the magic and necromancy are (for now) separate, it'd favor mages too much while not giving anything of value to lich-warriors. FrijolitoJR's morale boost to evils seems good and pretty cross-class.

Or perhaps split lichdom into 2 different versions? One will remain lich (add mana regen, morale to undead) and the other would be some kind of Deathlord, which would stand for more warrior-styled necromancer, suffering the same negatives, but having more strenght instead of intelligence and hard hp bonus instead of mana regen, and also the morale bonus to undead. Both lich and deathlord would share the same ritual - you'd just have 2 options instead of 1 after collecting all the materials.

Kubin said:
Or perhaps split lichdom into 2 different versions? One will remain lich (add mana regen, morale to undead) and the other would be some kind of Deathlord, which would stand for more warrior-styled necromancer, suffering the same negatives, but having more strenght instead of intelligence and hard hp bonus instead of mana regen, and also the morale bonus to undead. Both lich and deathlord would share the same ritual - you'd just have 2 options instead of 1 after collecting all the materials.

I always try to be combat-oriented but it's really difficult ,yo need a lots of charisma and intelligence for being a powerful necromancer. 
The only armor for a Death Lords is the one Zombie/Skeleton/Shadow Knights have and it is hard to fight them too.
:???:

jl0905 said:
help guys i used cheats and created a god necromancer pls help he's rekting everything.

If you need a cleric to purge the Lich I may have someone available... It's my speciality.

SmurfInHell said:
jl0905 said:
help guys i used cheats and created a god necromancer pls help he's rekting everything.

If you need a cleric to purge the Lich I may have someone available... It's my speciality.
About that, a newbie question - does Magic Defense protect against Turn Undead (because it kinda protects a lich-player against white bolt, doesn't it?).

Kubin said:
Does Magic Defense protect against Turn Undead (because it kinda protects a lich-player against white bolt, doesn't it?).
I think no , white bolt is a spell but turn undead is a cleric skill...
Clerics represent the power of their gods..its kinds confusing but I think it doesn't and it shouldn't.

FrijolitoJR said:
Kubin said:
Does Magic Defense protect against Turn Undead (because it kinda protects a lich-player against white bolt, doesn't it?).
I think no , white bolt is a spell but turn undead is a cleric skill...
Clerics represent the power of their gods..its kinds confusing but I think it doesn't and it shouldn't.
Shouldn't for sure. But whetner or not it does? Only guspav knows :grin: Thanks for response, though!

Kubin said:

This... is a good question. I'll try it test it myself, though now that I think about it I'm not sure how I'll make an effective test bed with controlled states to guarantee a lot of reasonable accuracy.
I'll also look back through my messages with Guspav, there's been several discussions about game mechanics, and there's a chance this might be in there.

Does any of the armors improve necromancy? I havn't been able to find anything about it, forgive me if it was there all along :smile:

Kritzo said:
Does any of the armors improve necromancy? I havn't been able to find anything about it, forgive me if it was there all along :smile:
Armors don't, but the necromancer's staff will help with the undead rebellions.

Great, Im glad theres a guide like this. Quick question however, its been almost 3 years since this game out, is it still being developed or patched?

pfctanman said:
Great, Im glad theres a guide like this. Quick question however, its been almost 3 years since this game out, is it still being developed or patched?

Yes, this mod is still being developed. In fact, some recent posts in the "Currently working on" thread shows some of the progress :smile:

Thing is: Mod is mostly being made by Guspav, which means progress can take awhile due to so few people working on it. There's a pretty massive upgrade to the mod coming, but it is taking awhile to get finished due to all of the aspects being put it; again the small workforce able to put time into it.

Hey guys!
Playing as Necromancer and transformed into Lich. I didnt notice a single benefit from it. Still can summon useless skeletons and useless zombies and 10 upgradeable shadows. So what i did:
- fixed skeletons troops tree. Now skeletons can be upgraded to infantry->armored->skeleton knight
- fixed zombies troops tree. Now zombies can be upgraded to infantry->armored->zombie knight
- trying to fix summon amount and quality after Lichdom. At least double amount and quality
Have some other ideas and fixes which ill update later :smile:

Back
Top Bottom