START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Suminagashi said:
I've noticed that you listed the Mithril Mail as one of the armors that can enhance your Magic Power. Is this true?

If I remember correctly: Yes!

Xzayler said:
Do companions still get along with each other?

All of the new companions have absolutely zero dislikes towards other companions. That may be changing in the upcoming patch.

EDIT: This thread will be updating to the upcoming version as soon as my last two finals are over. After this I will contact Guspav about a changelog and work with him to update the guide to the best of my ability. This may require a facelift to the guide as it nearing the max character limit, AND I believe that the guide could be better organized with a bit more thought.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Suminagashi said:
I've noticed that you listed the Mithril Mail as one of the armors that can enhance your Magic Power. Is this true?

I think it's called a Mithril Shirt. It spawns rarely apparently.

The armor I am questioning is this, which doesn't state on the item card that it does enhance magic:
MithrilMail_zpseea0ab95.jpg

Not this:
ElvenMailShirt_zpsad65ffe9.jpg

I don't know if there's some third armor that you are talking about or not. What I was actually referencing was in the original post of this thread:
SmurfInHell said:
Enhance Magic: How it works and the various Enhance Magic Sets! (Direct quote from Guspav)

Armor Magic Power Bonuses:
  Twilight Armor = 1 
  Novice Robe = 1
  Elven Mail Shirt= 1
  Mithril Maille = 1
  Apprentice Robe = 2
  Vedmak Armor = 2
  Journeyman Robe & Dark Robe= 4
  Djanni Mail Shirt= 5
  Adept Robe & Night Robe= 6
  Balrog Body= 6
  Expert Robe & Dread Robe = 8
  Master Robe & Void Robe = 12
  Archmage Robe= 16

SmurfInHell said:
Suminagashi said:

If I remember correctly: Yes!
Okay, thank you!

Suminagashi said:

I can't answer this question for you but I can say that Elven Royal Plate does add 1 to magic and is pretty sturdy. If you get to where you're rolling in dough, a lot of people go with Twilight Armor as well which is one of the better armors in the game. I can't recall the price of the Elven plate off the top of my head though.

Yep, Twilight Armor Set.  That is the one I wanted, but the Set cost way to much for me :sad:.  Did try to kill the Unholy Knight, but failed badly and got captured by them.  Lost more of the money I try to save.  LOL.

talk2dhand120 said:
Yep, Twilight Armor Set.  That is the one I wanted, but the Set cost way to much for me :sad:.  Did try to kill the Unholy Knight, but failed badly and got captured by them.  Lost more of the money I try to save.  LOL.

Invest in enterprises throughout the main towns (usually dye or iron works) when you have the spare cash, then once you have a steady income start investing around 10,000 per visit to the four ways inn. It'll add up fast.

talk2dhand120 said:
So u need to have dye or iron ore.  I know that u can get the iron ore from the dwarf.  But how do i make dye? what raw material do i need? 

Thanks.

No, no. When you go to a city there is an option to talk to the guild master (sometimes you have to walk around the street and find him first) and as long as your relationship with the owner of the town is equal to or higher than 0 you can buy land for an enterprise. Then you'll see a big list of options and the most profitable ones are usually ironworks or silk/dye works.

No raw materials needed, just money.

I mean to say is the iron shop need iron to make tool and sell them to make profit right?  and easiest to get iron is from greedy dwarf.  How do i get dye beside buying them from goods merchant? 

Thanks

talk2dhand120 said:
I mean to say is the iron shop need iron to make tool and sell them to make profit right?  and easiest to get iron is from greedy dwarf.  How do i get dye beside buying them from goods merchant? 

Thanks

Check out the wiki:
http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Productive_Enterprise

fistic86 said:
so does int affect mana or anything like that?
Mana is only affected by the magic power skill score, the higher your score, the more you'll get.
Evrey point in the magic power score will give any character +10 magic points, so if their score is say 6, they'll have 60 (enough for 3 fireballs for instance). The maximum possible skill score is 15 so the maximum possible magic points amount is 150.

1) Can we get a small section about how leadership is extra important for the mod, in it's own small bolded section, especially for necromancy.

I was just having moral drop really fast with leadership 0 and a small evil party, 5 types of food, no losses, no mixed good troops etc. I am not sure if leadership 1 has fully stablised it, but 1 or 2 is recommended for new evil parties perhaps?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321794.0.html

2) I probably missed it apologies but can you add where someone purchases a spell book for us new players. I found it after a time, I was following the let's plays and looking for them in the goods windows.

Thanks.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
I read somewhere that the Drow have the Darkness spell as a natural ability. Can PC's activate this ability somehow?
No, bit yet, donde spells (including the darlness ability) are item-based, I haven't figured out a way of equipping it without overwriting the already worn items. I'll think of something, but so far main characters can only use darkness by learning it and casting it as a mage spell.

Thanks Guspav.

I have another question about magic power and armor.

As I understand it (and I'm probably wrong) I need at least a magic enhancing helmet or a magic enhancing armor in order to not get the -5 multiplier.

I take this to mean that I can have a mages hood (with at least +1) and a mundane suit of armor (with 0) and not get the -5 multiplier.

I assume the bonus to my magic power will be just 1 (or whatever bonus the hood gives).

So, given that the Mithril Mail only gives +1 enhance magic then it doesn't really hurt me (magic power wise) to just wear a regular suit of armor with a much higher armor rating?  The difference should only be +1 enhance magic between a mundane suit of armor and mithril mail. 

Considering the hit I've already taken by not wearing an Archmage's Robe I'd consider the +1 loss for wearing mundane armor to be a reasonable trade off for the extra protection that, say, Elven Royal Plate provides.

That is, assuming I understand this correctly.  Do I?

Is there a list of what exactly each class has thats useful and unique? I read on a third party site that barbarians have a berserker ability, where they do extra damage after being hit, clerics have divine magic and so on. But I cant seem to find an actual list of the pros of each class other than the extra starting stats listed on this threads OP.

For example whats the point of taking a fighter over a barbarian? the barbarian seems to be better in every way, from the combat ability boosts to the fact that it has the berserker rage extra damage.

Is there a way to find out the exact distance for the buffs? At the moment I just spam "Stand Closer" and create a big deathball of buffs (Bless, Bravery and Haste) before engaging the enemy, but I run the risk of getting absolutely rekt by a fireball or two. Also how long does Bless and Bravery last anyway? I've only noticed that Haste has run out.

Back
Top Bottom