START HERE: Beginner's Guide and Reference Book (2014 version)

Currently viewing this thread:

guspav

Section Moderator
WBM&B
Best answers
0
Chemaer said:
Is there a way to find out the exact distance for the buffs? At the moment I just spam "Stand Closer" and create a big deathball of buffs (Bless, Bravery and Haste) before engaging the enemy, but I run the risk of getting absolutely rekt by a fireball or two. Also how long does Bless and Bravery last anyway? I've only noticed that Haste has run out.
I'll give you the exact numbers later since I can't really remember them, but the effect distance is directly influenced by the faith skill.
In the currently released version,  bless, curse, terror, and bravery will last for the whole battle.
 

Chemaer

Recruit
Best answers
0
guspav said:
Chemaer said:
Is there a way to find out the exact distance for the buffs? At the moment I just spam "Stand Closer" and create a big deathball of buffs (Bless, Bravery and Haste) before engaging the enemy, but I run the risk of getting absolutely rekt by a fireball or two. Also how long does Bless and Bravery last anyway? I've only noticed that Haste has run out.
I'll give you the exact numbers later since I can't really remember them, but the effect distance is directly influenced by the faith skill.
In the currently released version,  bless, curse, terror, and bravery will last for the whole battle.
Interesting, that sounds very strong but I'm not complaining. Thank you for the quick answer and thank you for a great mod.
 

SmurfInHell

Squire
Best answers
0
That's some interesting information; I'm surprised I've missed adding it to the guide! Once we get some exact numbers I'll put it in.
 

awkwarrd

Veteran
Best answers
0
just a bandit said:
the whole battle???that's too much!! :???: a minute or so would be fine
I do believe that spells can cancel each other out.
Also dispel..


Which would effectively be equivalent to Mage combat.


  • Mage 1 casts bless.
  • Mage 2 casts curse on blessed people.
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 1 casts dispel.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 1 casts bless.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 2 casts curse on blessed people.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 2 casts terror.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 1 becomes terrified and summons a meteor to strike the enemy.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 2 casts reflect projectile.[/font]
  • [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mage 1 dispels enemy just before the meteor is within range.[/font]




Unless you would prefer something like a 'world of warcraft' buff system, where things mean nothing and a mage should just throw fireballs and spam all buffs once they are off cooldown.


I can't recall if there are NPC's who buff and bless n stuff, but they would be super handy.


I think i very much prefer to be able to have the option of mage combat, and not just trading projectiles, but all forms of magic.
Magic being magic in all forms aswell, like religious magic aswell etc..
 

Basti87

Recruit
Best answers
0
Is it possible to use this unit sound for native / diplomacy mod somehow ?
i am currently on my m 565th hour of playing and i really want this pain & death screams for diplomacy mod.

so ....
is it possible or that easy by only copy the sound files in the diplomacy folder ?
 

SmurfInHell

Squire
Best answers
0
Basti87 said:
Is it possible to use this unit sound for native / diplomacy mod somehow ?
i am currently on my m 565th hour of playing and i really want this pain & death screams for diplomacy mod.

so ....
is it possible or that easy by only copy the sound files in the diplomacy folder ?
In the folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Sounds - (x86) if you have it - you can find all the core sounds here, but you won't need them currently.

In C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Phantasy\Sound you'll see all of the sound assets here. Copy and paste them into the module directory for Diplomacy. After this is done look in the main Diplomacy mod directory for something called "module.txt" it should be the type "configuration settings". You will need to then look for the line scan_module_sounds and set the value to a 1 (use control + F to find it). This will make the game search the module directory for it's sound assets. Keep in mind though that due to some changes to troops you may end up having certain troops making demonic noises or ETC. You will have to sift through the Phantasy\Sound folder for all of the basic troops actions and copy those only instead of all the other spells and ETC.

If something messes up delete the sound files from the Diplomacy\Sound directory and change the "module.txt" configuration settings back to the scan_module_sounds = 0 from there you can try again to see if you can get all the sound assets you like.

I am unsure how sound assets load into M&B btw. There's a chance that if a sound asset has nothing to load it then it will not allow the module/game to launch. I am unsure though as I do not normally mess around with the sound files despite knowing how to switch them between mods. I believe if there is no sound asset found for something it will revert to the core native sound if there is something there. If it is not I am unsure what it will do.
 

Basti87

Recruit
Best answers
0
SmurfInHell said:
Basti87 said:
Is it possible to use this unit sound for native / diplomacy mod somehow ?
i am currently on my m 565th hour of playing and i really want this pain & death screams for diplomacy mod.

so ....
is it possible or that easy by only copy the sound files in the diplomacy folder ?
In the folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Sounds - (x86) if you have it - you can find all the core sounds here, but you won't need them currently.

In C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Phantasy\Sound you'll see all of the sound assets here. Copy and paste them into the module directory for Diplomacy. After this is done look in the main Diplomacy mod directory for something called "module.txt" it should be the type "configuration settings". You will need to then look for the line scan_module_sounds and set the value to a 1 (use control + F to find it). This will make the game search the module directory for it's sound assets. Keep in mind though that due to some changes to troops you may end up having certain troops making demonic noises or ETC. You will have to sift through the Phantasy\Sound folder for all of the basic troops actions and copy those only instead of all the other spells and ETC.

If something messes up delete the sound files from the Diplomacy\Sound directory and change the "module.txt" configuration settings back to the scan_module_sounds = 0 from there you can try again to see if you can get all the sound assets you like.

I am unsure how sound assets load into M&B btw. There's a chance that if a sound asset has nothing to load it then it will not allow the module/game to launch. I am unsure though as I do not normally mess around with the sound files despite knowing how to switch them between mods. I believe if there is no sound asset found for something it will revert to the core native sound if there is something there. If it is not I am unsure what it will do.
Wow thank you very much. i will test it out
and thanks for the fast reply
 

English_Knight

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Does anyone know if human/undead combinations affect companions? I.e., if I have undead troops and a human companion, will my morale fall?
 

FrijolitoJR

Knight
Best answers
0
English_Knight said:
Does anyone know if human/undead combinations affect companions? I.e., if I have undead troops and a human companion, will my morale fall?
  No , there are no morale issues.
 

mercav

Regular
Best answers
0
demonrifle99 said:
This mod is still being worked on right?
There is another thread where guspav posts what he has been working on.  Its updated pretty regularly.
 

SmurfInHell

Squire
Best answers
0
demonrifle99 said:
This mod is still being worked on right?
What Mercav said :razz: It's in the "Currently working on" thread you can see a lot of posted photos for changes, and some explainations of upcoming features.
 

guspav

Section Moderator
WBM&B
Best answers
0
Ah it's time to unsheathe my +5 vorpal sword of moderation once again!

Swish! Snicker Snack!

Now about the updates, I work on the mod whenever I have the time. If I have been a bit more sparse is because I have many real life stuff I need to attend to. While I love my mod, it certainly doesn't pay the bills or has a high priority amongst all my real life activities (like the hobby it is).
So I am sorry if you're growing desperate, but the next update will be done when it's done.
I kind of took a very large bite  too hard to chew with the current clerics project, otherwise I suppose I would be done by now. That and I frequently think of things that would be cool to be added as well and get distracted by that :razz:

I will probably have a bit more time these weeks, since I don't have that much work in december-january, so I am guessing I will develop the mod significantly.




 

jl0905

Recruit
Best answers
0
Another update is coming? Amazing! Ignore my messages on modb and the other forums now, lol.
 

awkwarrd

Veteran
Best answers
0
guspav said:
Ah it's time to unsheathe my +5 vorpal sword of moderation once again!

Swish! Snicker Snack!

Now about the updates, I work on the mod whenever I have the time. If I have been a bit more sparse is because I have many real life stuff I need to attend to. While I love my mod, it certainly doesn't pay the bills or has a high priority amongst all my real life activities (like the hobby it is).
So I am sorry if you're growing desperate, but the next update will be done when it's done.
I kind of took a very large bite  too hard to chew with the current clerics project, otherwise I suppose I would be done by now. That and I frequently think of things that would be cool to be added as well and get distracted by that :razz:

I will probably have a bit more time these weeks, since I don't have that much work in december-january, so I am guessing I will develop the mod significantly.
It only took some extreme prodding and some other fans to get involved for you to just talk about the update..
It's not desperate i just figure you'v lied a couple timed before, whats to stop it.
I mean you have said 3 times so far when the mod would be ready or atleast close, and those dates are come and gone, and you said nothing each and everytime, just more the "done when its done", and the 4th lie is in 4 days, and i doubt you will release it in that time.
I dunno how you logic, if it was just a hobby, then why lie and then not talk about it? why not say why it was delayed? like why not?
If its a hobby why the lack of communication?
Just too many questions, it all seems creepy and cheesy PR talk.


But now i see youre just adding random things on the fly that are "cool" so basically its done when you can be bothered really.


All i asked was for info and updates, and so did others, and then just some interaction from you, simple as that.
Your post only needed the stuff about clerics to be all that was needed to increase the blood flow for the mod, maybe the cleric info could be slightly more interesting, a "huge bite" to me means nothing, basically let the imagination run wild because that tells me nothing.. literally.


I'v actually lost interest at this point, came back to see how long it took for you to finally reply to a forum thread and you deleted the posts i made.. pfft.
looks like 2 weeks worth of waiting before you stepped up to say nothing much more than expected.
 

Kubin

Recruit
Best answers
0
guspav said:
Ah it's time to unsheathe my +5 vorpal sword of moderation once again!

Swish! Snicker Snack!

Now about the updates, I work on the mod whenever I have the time. If I have been a bit more sparse is because I have many real life stuff I need to attend to. While I love my mod, it certainly doesn't pay the bills or has a high priority amongst all my real life activities (like the hobby it is).
So I am sorry if you're growing desperate, but the next update will be done when it's done.
I kind of took a very large bite  too hard to chew with the current clerics project, otherwise I suppose I would be done by now. That and I frequently think of things that would be cool to be added as well and get distracted by that :razz:

I will probably have a bit more time these weeks, since I don't have that much work in december-january, so I am guessing I will develop the mod significantly.
Perhaps an opinion of a newfag like me, not known to anybody here, isn't worth much but me and a horde of the others are supporting you and appreciate that you still give the mod a good love whilst dealing with real life. Good. Damn. Job!

FrijolitoJR said:
I don't care for when it is going out because i know the update will be a real masterwork. :cool:
^ The truth has been spoken.