Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Users who are viewing this thread

Seff

Cool Hand Luke
Duke
It's pretty telling that nobody's started a topic about this yet...

One positive note about the movie: the dialogue was well written. Characters took themselves seriously.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
wrong. rots is the black sheep.

I don't know about that. The overall plot of the prequels (i.e. very straightforwardly showing how anakin turned to the dark side and the republic became an empire) isn't fundamentally bad and doesn't really contradict the original films that much (by design).

The new trilogy on the other hand is just reactionary filmmaking on steroids, with this film being a direct comment on what people in the real world have said about the previous ones. They are like a giant conversation between the hardcore 35 year old fanbase and the disney executives. It's bizzare postmodern absurdity and without the context of all the reviews and fan reactions, these films are going to be incomprehensible in a few decades.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
wrong. rots is the black sheep.

I don't know about that. The overall plot of the prequels (i.e. very straightforwardly showing how anakin turned to the dark side and the republic became an empire) isn't fundamentally bad and doesn't really contradict the original films that much (by design).

The new trilogy on the other hand is just reactionary filmmaking on steroids, with this film being a direct comment on what people in the real world have said about the previous ones. They are like a giant conversation between the hardcore 35 year old fanbase and the disney executives. It's bizzare postmodern absurdity and without the context of all the reviews and fan reactions, these films are going to be incomprehensible in a few decades.
oh, right, there's two rots. i meant the newest film.

It's hilarious (and kinda sad, too) how they still trying to sell this movie as the greatest thing in cinema ever that will change the life of Life itself. It's like they didn't know that a whole lot of people were waiting for its release just so they can piss on it.

Back
Top Bottom