SP Sci-Fi Star Wars Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Slawtering said:
No idea what they look like :wink:

Doing tatooine for example you could have a variety of different people and factions to include. Jawa,Tusken,Smugglers,"gangster" the two main evil and good factions
Yes, I think Tatooine would be best. There are low-level Bandits (Jawas), mid-level bandits (Tusken), high-level bandits (Hutt bandits).
Or you add Hutts as a third faction.
The factions are balanced as Tatooine belongs to nobody, and its not an important planet far from the core, so that would be the reason why there are only fighting ~100 tropps warpartys instead of the giant armies that should run around on other planets. For Tatooine landscape and cities you can use the sarranid and khergit scenes, they would fit perfect.

And you must remove the animations from horses to make "real" speeders.

Alright these are all things I will keep in mind, for now im still just working on making some models, tomorow im away from my pc but the day after that I'll see if I cant remove all original factions and make atleast the 2 main ones

teun557 said:
turk123 said:
teun557 said:
turk123 said:
yes, stick to one planet, intergalatic flight would be a almost impossible to create from scratch. I SUGGEST NABOO, or a earth like planet that is not to difficult to create. OR you can make it mp and create maps from multiple worlds, EX CORUSCANT, NAR SHARDA, TATTOINE, MUSTAFAR, and mabye HOTH or ENDER mabye yavin 4

I will stick to one planet, It will be set during The Great Galactic War, (SWTOR)
Know any good planets in that time period?
:mrgreen: Yes... your going to want a barren planet, coruscant or nar sharda have to many buildings to try and model. I suggest tatoine or naboo, as this would fit well into a sp game

What about Alderaan or Bothawui?
alderaan....a little earth like don't you think and bothawui.... sorta the same too alderan and not as well known stick to tatoine and naboo

Slawtering said:
Thats..bad

If you look on MB nexus in item packs there might be some star wars models I remember seeing that are osp. If not you could always ask around for permission.

Also could you show me a prevview of that backlog of models you have?

Non warband Star wars mod did it in the way that towns were planets and no location terrain was space. So I thought of this:

Now that the sea navigation and battles are almost standard in mods thanks to certain modders, you could treat sea as space (with appropriate texture) and the party icons, would be various spaceships in starwars universe.  Walkable terrain would be planets. Towns places of interest. All this must be properly done, I mean, the planets looking like planets, terrain having texture of planets you want to visit. I don't know if thats possible, but if it does, it will allow traveling on more planets without having almost every party encounter in space.

Space battles would be like current sea battle, only you replace those galleys with sci-fi spaceships.

John Xenir said:
Non warband Star wars mod did it in the way that towns were planets and no location terrain was space. So I thought of this:

Now that the sea navigation and battles are almost standard in mods thanks to certain modders, you could treat sea as space (with appropriate texture) and the party icons, would be various spaceships in starwars universe.  Walkable terrain would be planets. Towns places of interest. All this must be properly done, I mean, the planets looking like planets, terrain having texture of planets you want to visit. I don't know if thats possible, but if it does, it will allow traveling on more planets without having almost every party encounter in space.

Space battles would be like current sea battle, only you replace those galleys with sci-fi spaceships.

I understand what you mean, although I think if this were to be done, far far in the futere

I  love seeing new mods being devloped because they give me that littel wormth feeling...

I always wanted a SW mod for WB. there had been afew but they died :sad: I have a good feeling about you as a modder that won'tgive up :wink: good luck on mod and may the force be with you

Hecate said:
I  love seeing new mods being devloped because they give me that littel wormth feeling...

I always wanted a SW mod for WB. there had been afew but they died :sad: I have a good feeling about you as a modder that won'tgive up :wink: good luck on mod and may the force be with you

And also with you  :wink:

teun557 said:
Im still considering starting a project on my own, if I could get atleast 1 coder and someone who can make scenes.
I guess I should just start by making some models on my own

What does "making scenes" entail by your definition. I can partly remember the basic spawn point numbers and corresponding menu items for the village, and castle scenes, though I believe there are references to them some where on these forums. I also have  some marginal experience using the in-game scene editor, though I wouldn't call any that I've made brilliant or anything of the like, but there decent. Other than that, that's about the extent of my sceneing experience, I've yet to delve into AI meshing (is that whats its call?) but will be shortly. As far a Star Wars goes however, I'm a huge fan and I pack **** load of trivia and (what my dad calls) useless knowledge of both the canon and EU. Though my knowledge is primarily of the Old Republic far before Obi-wan and Anakin and Yoda were alive. Though some knowledge I still retain post Yavin up to the Yuzon Vong wars.

(EDIT) While I suppose it should be noted I have a little experience in Coding and the MS using Python, I'm still a noob in that department for the most part. :smile:

John Xenir said:

Thats true but with the current sea battles, you usually board the other guy's ship or visa versa, via access through wooden planks or the like, at least from the few warband mods using sea battles that I've played. Now the problem with this versus space is, you cannot board in the same way, so you'd have to use 1 or 2 of a few options, none of them easy, you'd have to implement some sort of flight combat simulator themed in a sci fi like setting, or you'd have to make the ability to board via those boarding escape pod like things (cant remember what their called) which actually penetrate the hull of the ship and open a hatch to release the attackers upon the victim vessel. Both of these would be difficult to achieve if not impossible. As much as I'd like the idea of reliving my SWG glory days, running around in a YT-1300 or a VT-49 Decimator kicking some serious ass in space, I don't see this happening, but I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

SirSlaughter357 said:
John Xenir said:

Thats true but with the current sea battles, you usually board the other guy's ship or visa versa, via access through wooden planks or the like, at least from the few warband mods using sea battles that I've played. Now the problem with this versus space is, you cannot board in the same way, so you'd have to use 1 or 2 of a few options, none of them easy, you'd have to implement some sort of flight combat simulator themed in a sci fi like setting, or you'd have to make the ability to board via those boarding escape pod like things (cant remember what their called) which actually penetrate the hull of the ship and open a hatch to release the attackers upon the victim vessel. Both of these would be difficult to achieve if not impossible. As much as I'd like the idea of reliving my SWG glory days, running around in a YT-1300 or a VT-49 Decimator kicking some serious ass in space, I don't see this happening, but I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.
you mean like this mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest for M&B (not warband)

teun557 said:
Hello everyone

Im wondering if there are any Star Wars mods in the making at the moment. I knew of a couple but both of them died. If anyone knows if one is being made I would apreciate you telling me.
If not I might be intrested in starting one, If I can find the right people to help me that is. I personnely am at the moment just learning the basics of coding and I can make some mediocere models.
But if I were to maby get some people who are willing to give something like this a shot together, then who knows what might happen.

For the mod itself I was thinking about the time period of The Old Republic or the Clone Wars. I know this is just a shot into the dark but I think its worth a shot.
I personnely Have plenty of free time and a vacation coming up. So I suppose just leave your thoughts down below, or PM me if your intrested in giving this a shot.

Good Day everyone

Teun

NONONONONONONONONON Clone wars are gay as aids, Galactic conquest all the way, tuskan raider jawas, bounty hunters ect for bandits, and you can still choose different factions, what about the Hutt faction haha have an army of gamorians, or the rebel alliance lol sick and the best Imperial! comon you have to remake classic starwars into a mod, make it a freiking DLC i dont care make it SOMETHIGN!!!

Back
Top Bottom