Star Wars Media?

What's your favorite type of Star Wars Media?

• What's Star Wars?

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Books: Movie Based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Movies :Original

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Movies: Prequels

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • TV shows

• Video Games

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • What's Star Wars?

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I hate ALL Star Wars!?

• I love ALL Star Wars!

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I love...you?

• Where am I?!

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Grocat

Sergeant Knight
Only who must choose their favorite form of Star Wars media?  You pressed you, that is incorrect, the correct answer...is you!

-Grocat the Hebetudinous Star Wars Geek

What's the difference between the original and prequel movies? I selected original and games though.

Originals are episodes 4,5 and 6. They are older movies.

Prequels are episodes 1,2,3. They are prequels as they are about events before the originals, but released many years later.

The story as I've heard it is that Lucas was shopping around the series to investors and wanted to go through in the correct order (1-6). The investors said that the first few weren't interesting enough, but they would finance the 4th one since it's story looked the most interesting. So, that's why they did 4, 5, and 6 before much later going back and doing the first 3.

Not sure how much truth there is to it, it's just something I heard.

Poil said:
They've based tv shows on Star Wars? Ew.

Yeah, something called "Droids".  It was pretty crappy, I thought.

This is my theory on the Star Wars movies and George Lucas.

George Lucas dreamed up this universe, the Star Wars Universe, to be exact.  He decided to do something with it.  So, he wrote a story for it (The rudimentary stages of A New Hope).  He presented this to some producers who looked at it and realized it was utter crap.  It was at first rejected.  But then, somehow Lucas received a revised copy of his story in the mail.  It had no return address.  He looked at it, and realized that it was actually very good.  He returned to the producers and showed it to them.  They were still a little weary because of the first copy, but they couldn't turn down this new script completely.  So, he got some small amount of funding.  Using the campy dialogue, a well formed universe, and a lot of innovative cinemagraphic tricks, George Lucas was able to pull off the second or third most successful movie of all time.
He then signed a contract to do two more.  Making it a trilogy.  He had always intended it to be a trilogy, so it fit perfectly.  But he never could quite copy the work of the ghost writer, so, in his frustration he was about to quit when he got another script using his ideas.  He wasn't so sure about it, because it was a little darker than he had originally wanted it to be, so he thought to let somebody else direct the second one, and then he'd see if it was a success and try for the third one.  It was a smashing success that took the world's breath away with the simple phrase, "No...I am your father."
George was feeling pretty confident about these movies, he had already received the last script from the ghost writer and saw that a fortune was to be made.  One fateful day he promised the world 6 more Star Wars Movies after The Return of the Jedi.  Little did he know that his ghost writer was an old man who didn't have many more years to go.  The ghost writer died, and George never got those scripts that he had promised.  He panicked after the third movie came out and didn't even attempt to write them on his own.  Instead he became the head of his own Empire.  Lucasarts.  Soon his blood was made of gold and he would only eat the hearts of wealthy babies.  He was lost in a wonder land of toy making and crayon sketches for 25 years.  One day, however, he stumbled into the living room where his adopted children were watching a television show.  He saw the wonders of modern animation and, in his madness, perceived that he could cover the lack of quaility in his writing and stories with pretty pictures.

That is how Episodes 1-3 came to be.  We can expect 7-9 once Lucas feels confident that technology can create realistic portrayals of Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammil, etc. at a younger age.

-Grocat the Mad Wine Doctor

I admire George Lucas because he lived the American dream, but he should have left those first three movies alone. The last three movies would have been all right if it weren't for Jar-Jar, the double ended light saber, and Darth Vader building the droids C3PEO and R2D2. I read a novel once, it was titled "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" or something like that, and I liked it but I was only thirteen years old at the time so I will say that I like the movies.

Original movies are the best, but I like all the books too, and the games. As I could have only two choices, I simply said I like them all, but disregard the TV show from that, as I never saw it and don't think it would work. Also, disregard the prequels. Simply put, they were nowhere near as good. It was all special effects and no depth. The pretty strong cast of actors they had failed to perform as well as they should, and it really shows.

Back
Top Bottom