Star Wars fans with Battlefield: 2142 rejoice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Instag0

Sergeant Knight at Arms
For the Second Coming is upon us!

For a first release, content-wise, it's very well done. There are at least two ground combat maps, one with vehicles, and one space map that is vehicle-only in the ways of combat. The only thing that prevents me from playing more is problems with lag-- network lag-- client to server stuff, that seems to even be somehow related to certain maps, rather than number of connected players, or server performance. I know it is not only my computer because I've asked about it in-game, and about ten other people will respond with concerns about network lag, even though we all have pings around 60-120.

The art is beautiful and the sounds are as if they've been taken straight out of the movie. Even the music sounds like that of John Williams! Most importantly, visually, the game looks like Star Wars. Storm Troopers look like Storm Troopers, and Rebel Scum look like Rebel Scum. The weapons are well done, they sound well- have I mentioned yet how ****ing amazing this game sounds?! The art is beautiful, but the sound and music are amazing.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RagDhnYto_g

Looks nice, I don't have BF 2142, but maybe this might be good reason to get it if they fixes the lag issue and makes few more maps into it. I used to play Galactic Conquest sometime to Bf 1942 and this certainly seem to have developed greatly from that.

Oh yeah, hopefully, by early next year at least, they'll have some new maps and such. Of course that's just pure speculation, but :wink:.

I'm definitely a fan, having played around with it.  A bit buggy, but its a damn good first release.  Had a blast running around in Mos Espa shooting down rebels and spamming the com channel with taunts (which aren't in BF2142).  :lol:

Space combat's pretty imaginatively done, considering where the game came from. 

Merentha said:
Space combat's pretty imaginatively done, considering where the game came from. 

I agree completely. The space combat is most excellent. I had a great time flying around in a capital ship with other players trying to protect the ship against incoming rebels! One thing that makes space combat great is the speed at which things move: things look and right. The huge ships move quite slowly, and are bastards to maneuver, and fighters speed and zip by. The ambiance when one is piloting a capital ship is also a big part of the experience. It sounds like you're in the ship, on the deck, with people and droids in the background, seriously discussing the battle.

Well, I think the Lancer frigates are far too slow, considering that they're supposed to be rapid-response craft, but still, I agree with that. 

Do you know if your ranks or unlocks have any effect on the mod's weapon selections?

This makes me want to buy battlefield 2142, even though I'm not much of an FPS fan (kind of not an option when you can't get decent fps)

Merentha said:
Well, I think the Lancer frigates are far too slow, considering that they're supposed to be rapid-response craft, but still, I agree with that. 

Do you know if your ranks or unlocks have any effect on the mod's weapon selections?

I don't know how the unlocks work. I'm still trying to figure out how items currently available work, heh.

*grin*  Yeah, I had fun figuring out that the Imperial Medic has a gas grenade when I gassed most of my squadmates.  By the way:  the Imperial officer is amazing with proper support. You can set up an E-Web repeating blaster and do a UAV-sized scan pretty much at will.  On top of that, you can heal and re-arm, and have a pistol that's not terrible.  Get yourself a medic, some troopers, and one support (only his supply-pack can re-arm the E-Web) and go to town.

Back
Top Bottom