Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for this beautiful mod. Except a few CTDs here and there (i save the game often so it isn't really an issue to me), i'm enjoying many hours playing it. Currently i control my own faction, with several planets and 7 commanders. At war both with the Cartel and the Rebel Alliance, lots of fun!

Reilnur said:
Awesome work, Swyter. Any chance of a non-Steam release, though?

Yeah, I believe Swyter is planning on it, but Steam is going to be used for beta testing to work out the major bugs, etc.

Mentioned in the FAQ here
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/742671195/352792037318809631/

Swyter explaining his reason, which I completely agree with
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/50kdzi/installing_star_wars_conquest_without_steam/d76jezj?context=3

Link to the Steam page for Star Wars Conquest on M&B Warband
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742671195

EDIT:  Swyter created a separate download today, please read here for more:
https://swconquest.github.io

The version for WB is the same as the latest version for the original game (and still just as incomplete in a couple of instances), adapted for WB, as far as I know.

In my download Darth vader's feet are missing and his helmet appears as a shadow. Also there are floating question marks in his room on naboo.

Honved said:
The version for WB is the same as the latest version for the original game (and still just as incomplete in a couple of instances), adapted for WB, as far as I know.

Not necessarily. The differences between the old .9.4 and the "final" one are vast. While the "final" version does have some missing spots, it's much more finished than the previous version, and now it also has all of Warband's engine improvements. Nightly patches are also coming out to further add on content or fix bugs.

Does this mod have anyone still working on it? It's really impressive, and I feel with some relatively easy to implement changes it'd become amazing. Otherwise it'd be a shame to see all that effort forgotten.

-add a speeder sound. Jeezus this is important. Not only from an immersion standpoint, but you too often get Ninja'd by silent riders.
-have troops spread out, preferably to the maximum, at the start of a battle
-Make it easier/cheaper to recruit aliens and droids.
-Hut cartel dudes should start with pistols.
-"zone" pirates (ewoks, tuskens) more so you've got good hunting grounds/ have easy, medium, hard areas. Like how in the standard game you've got sea raiders specifically around X and tundra bandits across the tundra region (but looters everywhere) This'd make the game more approachable.

Harder wishlist.
Hut cartels could do with more competition/something to war with, rival crime syndicates and such.
Stormtroopers are Iconic dudes and it should be easier to acquire them. Perhaps reducing the quality of standard issue stormtrooper armour so one can get them at lower levels.

Only adding the most updated BASE mod, plus the most updated compatibility patch, but EXCLUDING- as in NOT ADDING the latest nightly, or any nightly at all COMPLETELY fixes all these problems. -credit goes to a very kind soul who among a filthy rotten army of scum covered trolls, was the only one kind enough to make several very intelligent suggestions that led to all these issues being solved all at once. God bless them and may we meet in heaven one day.

SOLUTION = add the base mod, add the compatibility patch so it works on warband, don't add the nightly.

I'm going to be the responsible person here and go back to every single place on the entire internet that I asked this question and post the solution instead of being an evil monster who just says "Fixt it ;^)" but never says HOW they fixed it.

it seems I'm the first and only person who has ever had this exact issue before (for this version) on the entire internet, and may I be the last because I intend my solution be the first search result when people go looking on how to fix this. I made sure to include all the words someone may search here again so that It really comes up in the search results beyond any doubts.

Do unto others as you wish others to do unto you. God bless everyone who finds this and fixes their problem on the very first try. This is the way that all these things should be done. NO HEADACHES FOR YOU! changing the WORLD by the force of pure love!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

search result boosters:

RGL WARNING  RGL ERROR NO LIGHTSABER SOUNDS CAN'T FIGHT ON SHIP CANT FIGHT ON SHIP
SWCONQUEST GLITCH SWCONQUEST BUG SWCONQUEST ERROR SW CONQUEST CRASH
MOUNT&BLADE WARBAND MOUNT BLADE WARBAND SHIP CRASH FAILED TO LOAD MISSING SOUNDS SEPTEMBER 22 2018
SWCONQUEST MOD MOD ERROR MOD GLITCH MOD CRASH PLEASE HELP! HELP PLEASE

I just grabbed Mount and Blade: Warband off of gog with 0% DRM which is great but I've encountered two bugs that really tick me off pretty bad. here's what I'm using and the issue's I'm experiencing. I hope I can bug you guys for a little tech support in case you encountered the same issues and were able to fix it alright.

I want to say that I'm not asking this question here as my first attempt, and it's only after hours of research and digging through years old abandoned forums for both mods and the game itself so old that there's spiderwebs in the corners and found no results that I have excepted that there is no obvious solution or that I just suck at searching for some reason. I only come to beg for help here after I made the effort myself and failed miserably more than once in a row.

This is what I'm using and what's happening.

I'm using the latest current 2018 version of Mount and Blade: Warband
>1.173 from gog (their 1.172 hotfix refuses to run because the version they offer is already a higher version, so I don't know why it's offered)
(additionally, the patch available from the tale worlds website refused to acknowledge that Mount and Blade: Warband is installed and refuses to patch the game, but the game might be to the latest version already anyway, I just found it to be kind of odd that you can't use their patch on their game just because it's from gog)
I'm using the latest version of swconquest
>094 final
The latest compatibility patch
>094 final wbcompat
and the latest nightly
>094 final wbcompat nightly 2017.01.08-20.05_r1190

>Windows 10
>gog version of mount and blade: warband to be exact
>using the starwars conquest mod (swconquest) which is originally made for mount and blade but has patches that allow it to work with warband
>I added all the patches and the game is runs great except for two things that totally break
>If you try to attack a ship and don't choose to land and fight on a planet and instead choose to fight on their ship, you get an error like this
>game crashes
>RGL WARNING: big red X, "incorrect base name: 0" (click ok)
>new window pops up
>RGL ERROR: "Error unable to find interior mesh 0" (click ok)
I assume that the game is having problems finding and loading the location and the graphics for the interior ship fight area or areas, but I honestly have no idea how I should go about fixing this without breaking something else horribly since I'm not highly skilled in computers. Has anyone ever encountered this issue before, and know how to fix it?

Does anyone know how to trick the game into using an alternate fight scene location so that when I select to fight on the ship, I can just load a different hangar location that the game knows how to load, so it still feels like I'm fighting on a ship and can possibly raid and board enemy ships? I feel like I'm missing out on major game mechanics if I can't actually fight on their ships.

Another issue that I noticed immediately when the game started was in the tutorial and the rest of the game as far as I know, when you swing the lightsaber you just hear "Whoosh" like a stick or a sword. I have seen other people's videos and there is an obvious lightsaber sound effect. This really breaks the immersion for me...

Everything else seems to work fairly well except for a very rare random crash that occurred but stopped when I lowered the graphics settings a bit. The only other time I saw anyone with the same problems as me were in old posts saying "LOL nvm fixt it ;^)" that didn't explain how they fixed it, or posts with the actual swconquest mod maker actually fixing these exact sets of problems in years old versions of the mod by patching it (very old by now patches). I can only assume that the problems came up again now as brand new issues again. Some people say it's the gog version only.

I know you're not my personal army of slaves, but if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Came across some nasty bugs and nobody's answering me for some reason. I doubt it's a mod bugs, more likely something messed up in my particular case. Installation as you said: first mod, then compatibility, then night's patch.

- Floating texture sheets instead of sun. They change dimentions as a regular sun's reflection would. This one is really pissing me off, please help me fix it.
29npI9c.jpg

jDOwbcY.jpg

yZGakpp.jpg

- Blank trees textures. They just appear as a white sheets but that blocks the vision sight for the player... but not for mobs. Nastiest above all others.
e0JLoB7.jpg

crCgTom.jpg

- Stormtrooper's helmet texture messed up on DirX7. It works just fine on DirX9. I already faced such problem with another texture in Gekokujo but none was able to help me. This one isn't that critical but I'd like to fix it as well.
78VLUDm.jpg

- Missing hand palms for most of NPC and sometimes for a player character (mostly females).
vvTomtE.jpg

9lQ69R0.jpg

Qa2kv9a.jpg

pd1EmKr.jpg

HZCUNaR.jpg

yoMm5rz.jpg

rCJUUvZ.jpg

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Langueborg said:
Came across some nasty bugs and nobody's answering me for some reason. I doubt it's a mod bugs, more likely something messed up in my particular case. Installation as you said: first mod, then compatibility, then night's patch.
Swyter was nice enough to do a few bug fixes between other projects a year or two ago, but at this point there is no development team left working on this mod.  I tried working on some of the funky dialog issues, and made about 20-30 changes, but I'm not in any way connected with the development team, and then I lost that (and a whole lot else) when my hard drive crashed last year.  Basically, other than anything someone (like you or I) do voluntarily, this mod is probably dead.

Honved said:
Swyter was nice enough to do a few bug fixes between other projects a year or two ago, but at this point there is no development team left working on this mod.  I tried working on some of the funky dialog issues, and made about 20-30 changes, but I'm not in any way connected with the development team, and then I lost that (and a whole lot else) when my hard drive crashed last year.  Basically, other than anything someone (like you or I) do voluntarily, this mod is probably dead.

Well those bugs were adressed more to the community rather than developers. Judging by the reports I'm pretty much the only person to experience all that. And, as I said, I did experience some of them in other mods, so it have to be a known issue but I couldn't find anything based on a description. I've seen a meme about similar problem with texture sheet replacement where the whole sky were replaced by some guy's face but nobody ever gave a solution to that. Also there's a common bug with cows on the water which appears to have the same roots. But again, no fix given.

And I wouldn't say this mod is dead, the guy who ported it to steam workshop (not sure if he has something to do with dev team) and actively replies to bug reports. Not to mine, sadly. There's also s "to-do" list about upcoming changes and it's been updated in early 2019 I think.

Back
Top Bottom