Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Sky Icewind said:
OKAY, found a solution...You need the enhanced mount and blade.exe...Then the relcand works perfectly on it.

You gotta look around for your serial key, but it should be in the registry. HKEY current users/ mount and blade keys or something like that.

Only reason I never knew this is because I thought the GoG version was the enhanced, it's lower filesize than the original exe, but not as low as enhanced, so that's what got me, heh.

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem, not enough people do that :smile:

Alenmare said:
Sky Icewind said:
OKAY, found a solution...You need the enhanced mount and blade.exe...Then the relcand works perfectly on it.

You gotta look around for your serial key, but it should be in the registry. HKEY current users/ mount and blade keys or something like that.

Only reason I never knew this is because I thought the GoG version was the enhanced, it's lower filesize than the original exe, but not as low as enhanced, so that's what got me, heh.

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem, not enough people do that :smile:

No problem, I like helping out and ****.

Despite it's problems, everyone should be able to play the release candidate, the town scenes are much more exciting.

Kessel is actually in space now!

(Just make sure you never use the death cam or it'll glitch the game out hard, but I think I might have found yet another fix for that, hah.)

you said enhanced what do you mean ?
Sky Icewind said:

Captured Joe said:
There is a better version of M&B vanilla available for download at the Taleworlds main site, it's called the enhanced version and crashes a lot less than the normal version.

Ah, it's on the main site too? I got it from a moddb link Swyter had.

But yeah, get that version, you have to re-enter your serial but I think Mount and blade serials allow like two activations in a certain time period, then it resets maybe?...

I unno, but yeah, should work with this mod.

Sky Icewind said:

Thank you, you helped me solve my problem which was similar (crash during 'loading settings data').
On the same note, if you have Mount & Blade Warband, you can use that serial key to unlock M&B enhanced, it works. I used my Warband serial from Steam and unlocked the enhanced, unfortunately Gog's version (which I have too) isn't enhanced and I don't think it comes with a CDkey so if you only have that I think you're pretty much screwed.

Sky Icewind said:

Okay, so I found my keys, but how do I see them? I can't view either of them or copy the data inside.

Like Vraelomon, I just downloaded this mod, and so far I'm highly impressed with it, aside from a few glitches and some leftover or missing text (For example, the droid companions have missing background info, so you get "placeholder" text).

I'm going to have to consider editing some of the dialog myself, after I burn myself out on playing the game for a couple of weeks, because there are a number of instances where it really needs to be edited.  What works in a medieval setting doesn't always fit in a sci-fi one, and there are a few glaringly out-of-place entries.  At least one of the previous dialog entries for the mod had to have been done by a non-native-English speaker, because the sentences are rather garbled, even if the words fit the situation.

I know that this is an unfinished mod, and that Swyter has other things on his plate to deal with, so I'll see if I can lend at least some token assistance and go through some of the dialog files in the next month or so.  No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

[ I started digging into the conversations.txt file last night, and it looks easy enough to make a few tweaks and changes to better fit the setting, but extremely tedious due to the sheer size of it.  Digging the dialog lines out of the jumble of numerical codes takes a bit of concentration, and the format of using underscores for spaces within the text strings is a bit strange (472381 This_is_how_the_sentences_look. 11924:cool:.  One question though: Does the string length matter, or can I change the number of characters in the text strings without having to change some other numbers to set the length?  One line that I really want to do something about is: "I am a Vassal of <faction>", which may seem only a bit awkward and archaic for the Empire, but feels completely wrong for the Alliance.  There are plenty of other dialog entries which are equally out of sync with the sci-fi setting, or worse.  It will be a while before I can muster the ambition to spend a couple of evenings at the minimum to go through the whole file, probably starting over the next weekend. ]

[[ I worked my way through about 5% of the dialog last evening and made 3 or 4 relatively small changes, with the other 95% still to go.  Tedious.  Also encountered one awkward in-game issue: you go to a shipyard, see a ship you like, but you can't buy it until you sell your current ship.  Exit back to the station's main menu, sell your ship, and then return to the list of ships for sale, and the ship you wanted is GONE, because the list of what's available regenerates every time you enter that menu screen, not when you enter the station.  Now you've got no ship and there's nothing decent for sale.  Fortunately, you can keep exiting and re-entering the ship list menu until the ship you wanted comes up again, but it's a bit silly how it works. ]]

[[[ After a couple of false starts (accidentally changing something that prevented the game from firing up), I managed to edit around 20-30 lines of some of the most blatantly out of place dialog (particularly the one about marauders taking over a village), and am currently involved in extensively testing it out in-game (otherwise known as "just playing the game" while seeing if the changes work).  So far, so good, and I'll make another 10-20 changes to a couple of other topics that grate on my nerves, then do another round of "testing" before I see if Swyter has any use for the edited files, assuming he has any intention to do further updates to the game.  If not, I'll see if I can make a copy of the file available for anyone who wants to use it. ]]]

[[[[Update Apr. 13 - Made extensive changes to the conversations.txt file, and they seem to work properly in-game.  Not a complete job (still a few scattered references to vassals, etc.), but the majority of the dialog is more fitting to the setting, including some of the most inappropriate or frequently seen cases.  I might make one or two other small tweaks to it.  Tried to add a few lines to the two hirable droids in another file of text strings (had some weird ideas for the first droid, vaguely humorous), and the first couple of changes worked, but something I did in the next session broke the dialog.  Have to restore the original and try it again, one change at a time.  ]]]]

BavarianPrivateer said:
One Question: What have I to do to recruit Clone Troopers, Jedis or Siths?

Own a minor planet, go to its menu, an option called "Manage this planet." should appear. Inside that menu you can build all kinds of suggestive things like a Force-Sensitive Temple, Clone Chambers, a Droid Foundry... and, yes, a Rancor Pit. Useful for recruiting lots of fun units.

That's mostly it!  :party:

BavarianPrivateer said:
One Question: What have I to do to recruit Clone Troopers, Jedis or Siths?
Until then, you can run them over with your speeder bike, or knock them over the head with a weapon that does "b" damage.  Then you can capture them, and try to recruit them into your own army from the "camp" menu.  Odds are low, but you can keep trying every few days.

Impressive! (chhhhhhh.....chhhhhh) Most impressive!

Version 0.9.0.3, all stability and no CTD!
Found most of the chests, but I think I am missing some(?), IG-88 could be the one.
Could one give a list of what can be found?

Any plans for a YT-1300 (it is a classic, after all)?

Oh, and Palpatine is moving around in his Death Star, really funny.

And a small wish: could you add Malachor as an abandoned planet? Like Tull in 1866?
Surrounded by some wrecks and pieces, still floating in space?

greetings

Jolie

Edit: tried 0.9.0.4 relcand final....wait a sec! Final?
Whatever, travelled the galaxy for all the new scenes and the cool new beskar`gam and all.

Not one CTD by entering locations or fighting some pirates or whatever!!

Okay, most off the weird stuff(no Music, missing Hands, stormtrooper legs...) has been reported, so no need to do so again.
Lightsaberhilts visible, yeah! New speeder-bikes! Awesome work! All of this! Really!
There will be a full Version of this? Yes? No?

Verily, with new hope

greetings again

Edit 2:
Okay, after three days a really strange thing happened: dont know why, but now I have Music.

Sadly, any "final" or "full" version is unlikely.  The original modders have all moved on to (one would hope) bigger and better things, so Swyter is mainly tidying up a few technicalities and bugs.  I'm still trying (and only partially succeeding) to edit a few dialog lines to make it a bit less "medieval", but that's it.  He's working alternately on bugfixes and WB ports for at least 3 mods (any one of which should be a multi-person job), and I've got virtually no modding skills.  What you see is pretty much what you get, unless someone else jumps in unexpectedly.  It's a great start, but nobody left to wrap up the details.  Got some free time to learn modding?

@Honved:

This is really sad.

But....yes, I do have the free time for this.
I would like to finish some of the scenes, add a system, or two, add some ships (a YT-1300 and a Super-Star-Destroyer), create a better economy, have the ballistics for rifles at 1866-level (or hit something, they are spray-and-pray, pistols are killer), fix the Stormtrooper-legs, add textures to the droids and Darth Vader((?) have not seen him until now, more busy, gathering an army), add exhaust-glow to the ships on the galaxy-map, add chests with goodies to find(see 0.9.0.3), fix the missing hands on HK-series, add a galactic north for better Navigation, add Whyren's Reserve to Food (+30 morale, extremely rare and expensive).
Ask Swyter for advice.

Is about enough for the next two years.
Anyone willing to help?

greetings

Jolie

So you have modding skills ? if development on this mod continue I would be very happy.

Both TLD and this are awesome, its sad to see they are left to their fate, with further polishing they could surpass most of the popular mods of today.

I am willing to learn the how-to for this mod.

"...its sad to see they are left to their fate,..."---> exactly my point. Everytime I find a mod(for whichever game), developement is or has been stopped (example 1866: 99% done, one quest a dead end, nonetheless great work and fun to play).

I do not want to surpass anything, it is just sad to see mods being abandoned for something else(whatever the reason).
And my skills are limited to Silent Hunter 4, the Men-of War-series, creating maps and a little bit of scripting.

Anyway, I would like to do this and ceate a "Fan-Edition" of this mod.

greetings

Jolie

Hope you can do, but learning modding from start is going to take a lot of effort. Good luck anyway.

Back
Top Bottom