Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

dinnerblaster said:
How this thread came to be so silent, makes me sad really...

But anyway, there hasn't been an update in months and the thread's driep up. So how's the mod? As I've understood it, Swyter is porting TLD to Warband, so how's that coming along and has there been any progres on SWC? Don't mind me, I don't believe the mod is dead or anything, but I have such high hopes for this project that silence this long makes me nervous.

The Last Days for Warband is 85% done, it crashes on battles and needs their shaders to be rewritten, everything else is ship quality.

Star Wars Conquest has been on my todo list for the entire summer, it caught me in a bad moment and amid of a huge death cam rewrite with would fix most if not all of the out of body experiences and weird stucks within other characters.

The good thing is that I'm now pretty good at porting vanilla mods to Warband, I can do it quite fast when time permits.

I'm also in the works of a rewritten Iron Launcher (working as a DLL proxy which redirects the IAT and should be compatible on every version, even with Steam) which will allow to play TLD, SWC and other mods side by side without using separate installations, patchings or launchers.

Great to hear! I know nothing about coding, but I had some doubts if porting from original game to WB was even properly possible. Good that I was wrong. If you're now good at it, would it be so that from now on SWC would be developed for WB instead of vanilla, like to get better shaders and stuff for the next release. I'm not thought one of thouse "ar u gonna port it to warband derbz" trolls, so it's your call, obviously. No matter what, your mod's already great, can't wait for future updates :mrgreen:!

Nice mod  :grin:

Can you hire the CIS battle droids in any place or clone troopers? Because if not, that would be something that would be pretty nice to add to kamino or genosis. Just a merchant that sells those types of troops, otherwise the armors are going to waste since only your men can use them  :wink:

Another suggestion would be to add smuggling to the game as a means of gaining wealth. One of my favorite games (Pirates of the Caribbean aka sea dogs 2) has a nice smuggling system that involves going to the tavern owner and asking about smuggling jobs. He points you towards a smuggler sitting in one of the tables and he gives you the illegal cargo. The drop is in another island on a secluded beach away from the port and you get payed by a man standing there. After you talk with him there's a chance that the authorities appear and start killing everyone. After you return back to your ship, there's usually 2 enemy ships from the local authorities waiting to sink your fleet, but I doubt you could add stuff like ship fights and taking over the AI's ship for profit.  :razz:

I don't imagine it would be that hard since you already have the random aggression zones implemented when you land on a planet and there's somebody attacking the locals or at the cantina when you talk with one of the locals and start a fight. If you make the drop without any fighting taking place there would be no penalty, but if you get a random fight by the local authorities you lose honor and relation with them. Could make the contraband priceless to sorta make believe that the local merchants refuse to buy the illegal cargo.

Would be nice to role-play a smuggler of spices and maybe get a few bounty hunters after you if you fail to keep your deliveries. No idea on how that part works out in the game since I haven't yet messed around with what happens when you fail to pay a loan to the bank  :???:

From what I remember, you can build droid factories and cloning facilities which produce battle droids and clone troopers. You can build these in villages you own. In addition to that you can build Jedi/Sith temples too.

QuailLover said:
From what I remember, you can build droid factories and cloning facilities which produce battle droids and clone troopers. You can build these in villages you own. In addition to that you can build Jedi/Sith temples too.

Thanks, haven't had the chance to test it out but I found a few prisoner droid troops from a few pirate groups.

I just found out about this mod, I generally play Warband and I have that game down to a science.

I always play independant for a very long time, do some melee arena battles for cash, do tournaments and then start killing mobs.

But I am completely lost in this game, I can't win the arena battles and generally don't know what to do / where to go.

Does anyone have a starting guide or something similar?

ThomasCro said:
I just found out about this mod, I generally play Warband and I have that game down to a science.

I always play independant for a very long time, do some melee arena battles for cash, do tournaments and then start killing mobs.

But I am completely lost in this game, I can't win the arena battles and generally don't know what to do / where to go.

Does anyone have a starting guide or something similar?
Getting bounties from bar tenders is a good way of getting money.

Can we get assigned multiple bounties at once?

Also, the number of days between bounty quest availability should be decreased to zero and the rewards higher, especially as I wouldn't put it past some to create characters to hunt.

pan-boroda said:
Good evening. Prompt, whether developers were laid modular system of this mod, after they have ceased to work on it? If so, where to find it?
I don't plan to release it, we don't really want any derivative work. As ironic as it may sound. The Bear force mod for Warband is open source and dead. You'll probably have better luck with that one.

This one isn't dead. I'm currently porting The Last Days to Warband and I only have ten fingers with sufficient ability to type.

*Comment powered by snarky remarks courtesy of MadVader Incorporated®, terms of trolling service may apply*

Hey! That's what I deserve I guess after years of snarkiness.
However, you are right that open-sourcing SWC would not do the world any favors. Open-sourcing TLD didn't produce better TLDs, only borrowing for other mods.

However, I do protest against not developing SWC further, especially when it became clear that Warband ports are so essential to the players that got on the Mount and Blade ride with Warband.
This is your own fault!

Edit: Edited for not being very nice while being very drunk. :smile:

MadVader said:
Hey! That's what I deserve I guess after years of snarkiness.
However, you are right that open-sourcing SWC would not do the world any favors. Open-sourcing TLD didn't produce better TLDs, only borrowing for other mods.

However, I do protest against not developing SWC further, especially when it became clear that Warband ports are so essential to the players that got on the Mount and Blade ride with Warband.
This is your own fault!

Which, if you may notice, is doing the world some favors, by making of other mods a lot better. What you are trying to say is that open sourcing TLD hasn't done TLD any favors, but those are two different things. :razz:

On topic: I tried out SWC today, and starting out is way too hard. The easiest bandits to take down are Tuskan Raiders, who are actually quite hard. None the less, it's a job well done. :smile:

If I may make a suggestion if you ever resume development (to port to Warband or otherwise) make the slavers attackable, and a star wars equivalent of looters, for a less annoying start.

Swyter said:
pan-boroda said:
Good evening. Prompt, whether developers were laid modular system of this mod, after they have ceased to work on it? If so, where to find it?
I don't plan to release it, we don't really want any derivative work. As ironic as it may sound. The Bear force mod for Warband is open source and dead. You'll probably have better luck with that one.
This one isn't dead. I'm currently porting The Last Days to Warband and I only have ten fingers with sufficient ability to type.
*Comment powered by snarky remarks courtesy of MadVader Incorporated®, terms of trolling service may apply*

accepted, thanks for the information. If you have a desire to move on this can warband contact than I can help ....

Back
Top Bottom