Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't played the original M&B for ages, time to get it back up and running for the only mod that could get me to do so.

Was looking forward to this. But got bugs right away. Started as human, independent, with a vanilla flag and in game my icon isn't a ship, but a planet. I float around as a planet.  :smile:
Then with 300 money went to a trade post and bought a 200000 ship. Left the planet. And the planet took shape of the ship I bought and I still float away looking as a planet. Went back, sold the ship, got 100000, bought another and some other stuff, left the planet, it still looked like the previous ship and I was still a planet. Wanted to try the "walk around ship options" clicked on some compartment and got a CTD. Reloaded, tried several options, got same bugs again. Gave up for now. :smile:

Triglav said:
Was looking forward to this. But got bugs right away. Started as human, independent, with a vanilla flag and in game my icon isn't a ship, but a planet. I float around as a planet.  :smile:
Then with 300 money went to a trade post and bought a 200000 ship. Left the planet. And the planet took shape of the ship I bought and I still float away looking as a planet. Went back, sold the ship, got 100000, bought another and some other stuff, left the planet, it still looked like the previous ship and I was still a planet. Wanted to try the "walk around ship options" clicked on some compartment and got a CTD. Reloaded, tried several options, got same bugs again. Gave up for now. :smile:

That's bad luck, Triglav. You've stepped over every single bug we have.
Please, visit our issue tracker and (anonymously if you prefer) comment on the existing reports, otherwise it'll get lost here.

Every little hint leads us in the right way. I haven't been able to reproduce most of the remaining crashes so far.
Probably because I got the enhanced edition, with the LAA (Large Address Aware, so it can handle >2GB of RAM) patch.

Just wanted to share my thoughts so far with everybody.  I haven't had a lot of time to play the latest version, but I have to say I'm very impressed with what I've seen.  There seems to be major upgrades to most of the graphics / scenes and lots of tweaks to help with performance and overall gameplay.  I know what it takes to work on a mod and I can tell a lot of effort went into this latest version.  The details in many scenes are awesome and some of the graphics I've seen I didn't even realize were possible!  I've spent the majority of my time so far just wandering from planet to play checking out the different scenes with an occasional fight along the way. I've had a few small issues, but in my opinion this is a big improvement over the last release, so congratulations to Swyer, Vector, and everybody else who worked on it!

Anyway, I'd strongly recommend anybody who is interested to check out the latest version of SWC
MOD DB Page - http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest
Download - http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest/downloads/swc094pre

Some random pictures I took are below.  The ones on Moddb are a lot better, but I just wanted to demonstrate how much this has changed since the last release and it really feels like a full star wars universe now.

The preview version is the almost final release, and comes with rough edges and placeholder art.
Instead of writing everything again just for you, what about going to our ModDB page and reading two condensed paragraphs?

Final. Not. Yet.

Disney to buy Star Wars production company Lucasfilm for $4bn
Deal will pave way for release of new series of Star Wars feature films from 2015, with George Lucas as creative consultant

I have a good feeling about this...:
Disney's senior executive vice president hinted at the future direction of what the company described as the "Star Wars saga": "Today, Star Wars is heavily skewed toward toys and North America. We see great opportunity domestically to extend the breadth and depth of the Star Wars franchise into other categories."

Might be good if it gets skewed towards Europe, the hub of all civilization. :razz:
I'm not liking the idea of new films though. I love Star Wars, and spam all the oneliners nearly every day (it annoys my friends quite a lot, btw), but they'll water it down if they make lots of new films...
Meh, I guess we'll see, it's not like it depends on me or anything...

They'll skew it towards China and Asia, if anything. :smile:
And the OT forum here is lightning fast.. er.. operates at light speed:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,253271.0.html

Just downloaded and played the latest version, and I am very impressed! Awesome work, people!

EDIT:
mb8_zpsf8750168.jpg

Back
Top Bottom