Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I need to ask a favor, because this small thing is really annoying me.

I can't download it  :neutral:

Its stupid because its saying, 40.0 KB/Sec, but it doesn't download it.

To the point, Can someone else upload the file, assuming you have the permission. I would greatly appreciate it!  :wink:

Hello,

I have imported to me the version 0.8.5 gedownloaded and my player's figure. Now I have these falls again. I am during day 35 and am attacked just by a great general whom I always defeat, but after the fight if, actually, the dialogue window comes with arrest or which he has fled the play always falls and I land in windows with an error message the play must be finished. There it is mentioned only mount&blade.exe.

Again a score broken.
Slowly lose I the desire in play.:sad:

Sorry for bad in English, has used again übersetzer.

Robineos said:
Hello,

I have imported to me the version 0.8.5 gedownloaded and my player's figure. Now I have these falls again. I am during day 35 and am attacked just by a great general whom I always defeat, but after the fight if, actually, the dialogue window comes with arrest or which he has fled the play always falls and I land in windows with an error message the play must be finished. There it is mentioned only mount&blade.exe.

Again a score broken.
Slowly lose I the desire in play.:sad:

Sorry for bad in English, has used again übersetzer.

Übersetzung diese

Hello. I think you are saying that your game crashes in the middle of a battle, no?
The only thing you could try is a re-install, or if it's just the Star Wars mod, and the re-install doesn't work, then i wouldn't really bother.

Not in the middle of a battle. When i battle a general or other and when the battle is over came a dialog. when the battle over is and the dialog must came, the game crashed. sometimes the game crashed in other saves when i klick on a planet and my ship is on the planet. at this time must come also a dialog, but at this moment the game crashed also.

i think the problem is the german translation, but i have one time the game in englisch and load a save, the game crashed also.
i make a reinstall and hope.
thank you.

this is my englisch without translator. is this englisch better then with translator?

I think it got the point across better...But what your talking about happens to me sometimes to...I think it has something to do with an error in the dialogue..Mine crashes whenever The companions are supposed to say something.

Several people have posted about random crashes in various scenes of this mod.  Unfortunately, the 'random' ones are very difficult to troubleshoot because I can't easily replicate them or know where exactly in the code it look since it doesn't happen every time.  This may be related to your computer running out of system resources, since some scenes have a lot of trees, and a lot of models don't have LOD's, so you'll sometimes see vertex_buffer errors in the rgl_log.txt which is found in the root of the M&B folder.  If people have seen a pattern with the crashes, or it can be replicated, please let me know and I'll try and poke through the code.

First up, I want to say this is a totally spectacular mod - Fully rich and filled with old and proper Star Wars mythos...:grin:
Not a crappy Jar-Jar in sight! The battles, weapons, map and content is all perfect...Zooming around on Speeder Bikes...Splendid!

I can say that the mod is basically astounding, but not without flaws. Some observations:

Playing 0.8.2 right now, I would switch to 0.8.5, but dislike the new colour modes for the factions...

Based on the old SW games like X-Wing, TIE Figher and Balance of Power, the Empire should be red, the Rebels, green
and the pirates yellow. The Hutts/Pirates have the right colour...If I knew how to change faction colours I would self-patch.

A glitch I have noticed is a scripting error that pops up in map mode, mentioning the numbers 82/87 - Not sure what it means....

Also I finally saved enough to get an Imperial Star Destroyer, but found the upgrade system is glitched...
When I try to buy more troop slots, it takes twice the dough, and somehow adds more engine speed.
Might be a problem with the button layout scripts?...The other ships seem to upgrade OK...

I get random crashes from time to time - It might just be my outdated PC being starved of resources.

All in all, the mod is one of the finest yet, and I hope the above bugs can be sorted...

Bravo gentlemen! Bravo!

:grin:

Kurt Zibling said:
Playing 0.8.2 right now, I would switch to 0.8.5, but dislike the new colour modes for the factions...

Based on the old SW games like X-Wing, TIE Figher and Balance of Power, the Empire should be red, the Rebels, green
and the pirates yellow. The Hutts/Pirates have the right colour...If I knew how to change faction colours I would self-patch.

This one I can answer :grin:

The main reason for the colour schemes is based on the faction's logo:

Rebel
588px-Redstarbird.svg.png

Imperial
Imperial_Logo_Blue.jpg

(this one is most commonly shown in black, but since black names on a blackground wouldn't look to great, blue is the most common representation of their "colour")

Although the older games certainly do have the different colours. I'm not entirely sure why they changed it...

HokieBT said:
Several people have posted about random crashes in various scenes of this mod.  Unfortunately, the 'random' ones are very difficult to troubleshoot because I can't easily replicate them or know where exactly in the code it look since it doesn't happen every time.  This may be related to your computer running out of system resources, since some scenes have a lot of trees, and a lot of models don't have LOD's, so you'll sometimes see vertex_buffer errors in the rgl_log.txt which is found in the root of the M&B folder.  If people have seen a pattern with the crashes, or it can be replicated, please let me know and I'll try and poke through the code.

Here's one. 90% of my crashes occur after event_simulate_battle chokes on missing parties. This almost always occurs during player sieges with vassals involved. The vassals always end up chasing patrols and other random targets, but then these battles must sim out when the siege battle must start. I filmed an example for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbsfcusNE3U

I think this was behind the problem I reported of Darth Vader and 240 troops "stuck" in a siege battle against my 19 troop garrison, but by the time I noticed the problem, I couldn't remember whether there was sim battle problem.

After the sim battle error code, saved games and sometimes SAVING games crash unless I keep playing long enough for the triggers to reset -- I think it's a game day to the best of my knowledge. It's the only way (with mult save streams) I've managed to make it to day 140.

I managed to change the faction colours myself last night...(pretty easy, really)

And I also tested the shipyard upgrades...I found everything is OK if you buy and max
out the "troop capacity" option first...All subsequent upgrades then work as intended.

I am now happily zipping along at 18 parsecs in my Imperial Shuttle...Good times!

Still got a script error, but no crash after many hours...I can live with that...

Now, I'm off to kill more rebel scum! :grin:

motomataru said:
Here's one. 90% of my crashes occur after event_simulate_battle chokes on missing parties. This almost always occurs during player sieges with vassals involved. The vassals always end up chasing patrols and other random targets, but then these battles must sim out when the siege battle must start. I filmed an example for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbsfcusNE3U

I think this was behind the problem I reported of Darth Vader and 240 troops "stuck" in a siege battle against my 19 troop garrison, but by the time I noticed the problem, I couldn't remember whether there was sim battle problem.

After the sim battle error code, saved games and sometimes SAVING games crash unless I keep playing long enough for the triggers to reset -- I think it's a game day to the best of my knowledge. It's the only way (with mult save streams) I've managed to make it to day 140.

hmm.... well, it would be good to fix that.  Maybe I need to add a check to the first part of that code to see if a part is valid or something....  I'll send you a PM to discuss more.

Yesterday i got a strange thing. I load my savegame and always after the fight the game is crashed. I do not know any more like I have come on this idea, but I copied my savegame in another folder, start the game and there are nothing savegame. I close the game, copied the savegame back in the right folder, start the game, load the savegame and it works...

i have nothing crashed i played yesterday 10 Days and many fights an nothing crashed. I have no notion what this can lie with, but with me this strange action has helped.  :?: :wink:

Well, not much of a problem if it's so easy to fix. Should be in the in-game tips and the main post though, for other people.
And yes, he does.

Something odd happening in 0.8.5 (not in 0.8.2)

When starting a battle on a speeder bike, the player's machine is upside down till you move, then it spins around!

Might be something with the 3D models?

I think one of the script errors is tied to the spy mission to an enemy planet.
When the Emperor asked me on two occassions to perform this mission and
meet up with a spy (and bring back his data) the errors appeared...

PS
Also there are still references to the Khergits in the passwords...
Although that is oddly fitting, in a weird way...:smile:

0i have a question, how do you get vassals in YOUR country. i own all of naboo(planet with outpost and battlestation and village planets) and was wondering if you can put one of your  heroes as your vassal but i could not figure out how. please help.

oh, thanks. i was wondering what that was for. :lol:. wait, that wasn't it you go to manage my kingdom and then click add commanders, but thanks for the answer anyways. and i have a question, someoen said 8.3. i have 8.2 was that a typo or is there a 8.3

Back
Top Bottom