Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I seem to have found a bug too. Every time I try and land on Endor, an Rgl error saying it can't restore the vertex buffer occurs.

I seem to be randomly be getting script errors on the map screen, I believe it has something to do with AI armies fighting.

Gobblecoque said:
Darth_Infamous said:
Gobblecoque said:
Darth_Infamous said:
anyone have update on that bug/crash ? it really make the mod "unplayable"
I haven't gotten any crashes, are you using any graphic mods? They are known to mess with "The Wedding Dance" mod, perhaps this is a similar case.

no, i havent installed any graphic mod. just the game, and SWC mod.
Dang, did you install the latest version on top of the old one? I myself created a separate file for it. I doubt that would mess with anything, but you never know.

no I created a new folder for the 0.8.2 version of SWC. pretty strange. it's sad cause now I'm forced to play the 0.8 and it's not as good.

The script errors have to do with the faction patrols around planets and happens when a planet changes factions.  I've fixed this in the next release.  In terms of the crashes, this doesn't happen on my computer, but I've heard that it will happen in scenes with a lot of vegetation (Endor, Kashyyk, etc).  Vector has reduced the vegetation in these scenes which should help in the next release.  But if you are seeing other crashes (on the map, or in other scenes), please try and provide a description of where you were and what was going on, etc, so we can try and narrow down what might be the cause.

thought, speaking of vegetation reduction reminds me of Burnt Trees Addon in the past, it removed leaves from trees and from the reports, it helps performance to lower computer alot. I think it might be good to add a group of Burnt trees here and there, pertend that it's burned down (by watever it's, cannons, landing, etc.).

I've played this a bit, and this version is definitely a major improvement on the last.  Replacing the last medieval scenes with spacey ones make a big difference, and the new sound effects also go a long way.  Force Jump is great, too.

Only a couple of bugs I've encountered thus far; one is that, periodically, Tusken Raiders lose their voices and instead sound like human women.  I can't tell what triggers it, but it seems to happen in every game eventually, and persists over reloads.  All the others have already been noted.

Also, whoever did the writing for the new NPCs did a great job; they all have great backstories.  It adds a lot to the game, IMO.

This big beautiful mod has delighted me so far.  I did have one concern that I figure has probably already been mentioned, but I thought I'd go ahead just in case.  Chewie probably doesn't deserve to be called "Madame" when being addressed.  I feel kind of bad calling him a woman to his face, mainly because I fear being torn limb from limb.  Anyway, this mod has been so much fun, and I love seeing Star Wars Mod become what I could only dream of it being when I first started.  I congratulate the dev team, and can't wait to see more.

Anyway, if I find anything else that I haven't seen mentioned during my casual perusal of this thread, I'll let you guys know.

-Grocat the Former Sith Lord

I'm  going home today, finally! :grin: First thing I do is DL this version.

@Grocat: M&B engine assumes that every species other than male is female, so a lot of dialogs have to be manually changed, and that's not a high priority due to the number of other more important issues.

Grocat said:
This big beautiful mod has delighted me so far.  I did have one concern that I figure has probably already been mentioned, but I thought I'd go ahead just in case.  Chewie probably doesn't deserve to be called "Madame" when being addressed.  I feel kind of bad calling him a woman to his face, mainly because I fear being torn limb from limb.  Anyway, this mod has been so much fun, and I love seeing Star Wars Mod become what I could only dream of it being when I first started.  I congratulate the dev team, and can't wait to see more.

Anyway, if I find anything else that I haven't seen mentioned during my casual perusal of this thread, I'll let you guys know.

-Grocat the Former Sith Lord

Yeah I made a little mention about that...Jabba the Hutt is considered a woman also.

Hokie said it's because the game refers to anything that isnt human as a female...So yeah...Even the Gamorreans are considered females.

Very ugly females...

Hi Im fairly new to the M&B pc game but a very experienced starwars fan, so when i say this I do not do so lightly.

THIS MOD ROCKS!!!

Even though its still in Beta I cant stop playing this game  :mrgreen:.

Now that thats been said, I would really like to help with the script (diologue editing) just to help the story along a bit.
As well as some great Ideas (last minute touches) to help capture the hearts of millions and billions of Star Wars and Mount & Blade fans the world over.
(Yes I truly believe this mod has great potential).

Please contact me with an answer right away lets get this bird in the air, yeah?  :grin: :grin: :grin: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

Im just putting down this list of Idea, thoughts and requests just as markers that were problem areas for me to understand or get-into peronally.
I'm sure many user who are familiar with this mod have made similar- if not exact Error reports and requests.
  I want to make it perfectly clear to the he modder team (who are hard at work no-doubt) may need a bit of help from a die-hard SW fan when it comes to back-ground story and Diologues ...and some other stuff too- but its okay and i would be honored to help the devoted souls behind this great mod.
And so, in order to better enhance the experience for all users, I will critique this Beta In hopes that you will let me be a part of this great mod.

General over-view of errors, bugs and Resquests

1.) I've noticed that none of the planets have an actual system (sun / moon) and that the day and night shadow affects are still running... oh and the calendar messages in the bottom right- hand of the screen is still sticking to M&B processes as well (instead of naming a stardate and military time and all).

2.) I also noticed how The over-all war between Republic and Empire is lacking a bit of depth i.e. why cant I join Black Sun and Userp the Title of their unseen leader or any other leader by gaining the hearts of the ones around the seats of power?

3.) If Im a Bothan, why cant I go invisible?
Also the race menu is lacking alott of different species i.e If I can go to Ithor, why cant I be Ithorian (same for deveronia) and also why are there huge Jawas?
Never mind the fact that they are tradesmen by nature not viscious booty-stealing pirates.

4.) The lord refferences in the game and the ranking characters need alott of work.

5.) When I go dirt-side and talk to an ambassador and ask if he has some solders I can have the game freezes and i am forced to restart.

6.) Fighting and/ or being a part of the Empire v.s. republic civil war is okay but... what else?
i mean there was alott more to the story (still ongoing) and I hope to see other character from the SW books.

7.) Ive noticed that when I Over-take a sizeable portion of the galaxy under the semi protection of the Empire, that there are no powerfull enemies (rebel alliance, mercs, Black sun, or even a certain jealous Sith Lord (guy with the athesma) comes to take me out personally or through use of the hutt systems via Assassins e.t.c.
or even the infamous "Emperrors Hand"?

8.) why is it that I am unable to hire a bounty hunter or two to attack a settlement (unofficially) while I play innocent?
or even get rid of a certain second in command (darth vader or Maul) for a chance to serve the true Dark Lord of the sith.
Also i'd like to be able to force-threaten or influence Ambassadors power head and other citizens of the galaxy.
I want to be able to lie, cheat, steal and codjole and generally manipulate my own party members as well as pretty much everyone else.

9.) Can someone start on making more sword fighting anims i.e. reverse slash, reverse block, pivotting and more light-saber sound (add a consant humming as the blade is activated)?
And making blaster deflection available please (you get done cutting down 6 men with out a single scratch and some moron 8 meters away blows your head off ur shoulders :cry:.
Also (when ever im using an L.S I cant seem to lopp off an arm or a leg, God forebid a head should come off the shoulders of a whelp Jedi.

10.) I also took notice that there is no official Jedi Academy anywhere, none of the Jedi masters train you even though you can talk their heads off and the same thing for Palpatine's apprentices (Darth vader ruled the system of Vjun you know) and Darth maul is a native of deveronia.
Also the dirt-side fields are pretty much the same thing over and over (never happened in M&B most playing field are unique to their respective map locations ... just though I'd mention it).

11.) A while ago i was read a graphical comic about Darth Maul's journeys, before he met his unfortunate fate at the hands of Obi-wan Kenobi.
They allways seemed to grip my attention: two sith (one master, one apprentice... no more... no less).  There were actually a couple different comics that centered on darth Maul the first one covered his early child-hood growing up a poor force- sensitive, deveronian child in a backwater crap-stain planet, barely living when he is found by the emphamous dark-lord "Darth Sidious" and taught the power and traditions of the sith.
The Emperror spirited the young pupil away and trained him in the art of Fear and in the process, created a virtually unstoppable sith marauder (an unseen apprentice to an unseen Dark Lord) thereby folling the Jedi.
Sidious with the aid of his new apprentice moved like a shadow behinfd the scenes to bring about his rule as the new galactic emperror through his own designs!!
this is a really great story and I'd be forever in you guy's debt if you added an option in that allows you to work as darth Sidious's 1st pupil removing the part of him dieing by obi-wan's hand and giving him his own personal open-ended quest line. :twisted: ty.

Story-line and character rolls

1.) Im not too sure the refferences to Lords and fiefs should be in there at all in regards to the actual rulers of planets, ambassadors and advisors instead of Yoda being lord of a seemingly non-indigenous planets (where he is actually supposed to be hiding from the empire like the Dogmatic narrow-minded coward of a Jedi he is) And yet other people "lords" can find him easily enough.
In addition The Bothan race played much more of an intricate part in the galactic civil-war ...didnt they? Im just saying that instead of some human guy doleing out all kinds of information, shouldnt it be a bothan?
Also I was thinking of maybe a few more script- prompts and option to make the experience more complex but also help the gamer on-track should he or she get side-tracked to much.

2.) And there MUST be more dialogue options available for force-sensitives dependant on the force levels of the player-character, as well as better force-use textures and animations.
This would give the whole force-experience thing more emphasis in addition to the alien race options of course.
Ive noticed that the other force-sensitives in the galaxy dont take note wether or not you are strong in the force (accept Rahm Kota).
There also need to be more character-building prompts in the new game "charcter creation screen as well as options where moral choice making is concerned i.e "save me from the bandits attacking my planet!!" or "Oh, thankyou for saving me from those horrible thugs attacking my village.. whats that? now you're going to take everything i have, force choke me to death, then burn and loot my planet?"
:twisted:

3.) I've taken note that allmost none of the characters in-game look as the actual actors that played their roles (me thinks better hair and beard textures are needed here).
this isnt really too important to me (when facing-off against Luke Skywalker I only recognized him by his clothes and green-light saber).

Looking at all this now, I've no doubt that this is alott of work that you are all working very hard on,  and I was hoping to be able to peronally come up with new dialogue and maybe facial parameters (make han solo's face looke like han solo's face? e.t.c).
I dont have alott of experience when it comes to modding but you would all be doing me a great honor in letting me be a part of this great under-taking.

Please get back with me as soon as you can thanks!! :mrgreen:

P.S

Failing my formal request for a darth maul legacey quest i was hoping that I could work with your team of modders to make my dream finally come to fruition  :sad:.

Avarice69xxl said:
Im just putting down this list of Idea, thoughts and requests just as markers that were problem areas for me to understand or get-into peronally.
I'm sure many user who are familiar with this mod have made similar- if not exact Error reports and requests.
  I want to make it perfectly clear to the he modder team (who are hard at work no-doubt) may need a bit of help from a die-hard SW fan when it comes to back-ground story and Diologues ...and some other stuff too- but its okay and i would be honored to help the devoted souls behind this great mod.
And so, in order to better enhance the experience for all users, I will critique this Beta In hopes that you will let me be a part of this great mod.

1.) I've noticed that none of the planets have an actual system (sun / moon) and that the day and night shadow affects are still running... oh and the calendar messages in the bottom right- hand of the screen is still sticking to M&B processes as well (instead of naming a stardate and military time and all).

2.) I also noticed how The over-all war between Republic and Empire is lacking a bit of depth i.e. why cant I join Black Sun and Userp the Title of their unseen leader or any other leader by gaining the hearts of the ones around the seats of power?

Also the race menu is lacking alott of different species i.e If I can go to Ithor, why cant I be Ithorian (same for deveronia) and also why are there huge Jawas?
Never mind the fact that they are tradesmen by nature not viscious booty-stealing pirates.

4.) The lord refferences in the game and the ranking characters need alott of work.

5.) When I go dirt-side and talk to an ambassador and ask if he has some solders I can have the game freezes and i am forced to restart.

6.) Fighting and/ or being a part of the Empire v.s. republic civil war is okay but... what else?
i mean there was alott more to the story (still ongoing) and I hope to see other character from the SW books.

7.) Ive noticed that when I Over-take a sizeable portion of the galaxy under the semi protection of the Empire, that there are no powerfull enemies (rebel alliance, mercs, Black sun, or even a certain jealous Sith Lord (guy with the athesma) comes to take me out personally or through use of the hutt systems via Assassins e.t.c.

8.) why is it that I am unable to hire a bounty hunter or two to attack a settlement (unofficially) while I play innocent?
or even get rid of a certain second in command (darth vader or Maul) for a chance to serve the true Dark Lord of the sith.
Also i'd like to be able to force-threaten or influence Ambassadors power head and other citizens of the galaxy.
I want to be able to lie, cheat, steal and codjole and generally manipulate my own party members as well as pretty much everyone else.

9.) Can someone start on making more sword fighting anims i.e. reverse slash, reverse block, pivotting and more light-saber sound (add a consant humming as the blade is activated)?
And making blaster deflection available please (you get done cutting down 6 men with out a single scratch and some moron 8 meters away blows your head off ur shoulders :cry:.
Also (when ever im using an L.S I cant seem to lopp off an arm or a leg, God forebid a head should come off the shoulders of a whelp Jedi.

10.) I also took notice that there is no official Jedi Academy anywhere, none of the Jedi masters train you even though you can talk their heads off and the same thing for Palpatine's apprentices (Darth vader ruled the system of Vjun you know) and Darth maul is a native of deveronia.
Also the dirt-side fields are pretty much the same thing over and over (never happened in M&B most playing field are unique to their respective map locations ... just though I'd mention it).

11.) A while ago i was read a graphical comic about Darth Maul's journeys, before he met his unfortunate fate at the hands of Obi-wan Kenobi.
They allways seemed to grip my attention: two sith (one master, one apprentice... no more... no less).  There were actually a couple different comics that centered on darth Maul the first one covered his early child-hood growing up a poor force- sensitive, deveronian child in a backwater crap-stain planet, barely living when he is found by the emphamous dark-lord "Darth Sidious" and taught the power and traditions of the sith.
The Emperror spirited the young pupil away and trained him in the art of Fear and in the process, created a virtually unstoppable sith marauder (an unseen apprentice to an unseen Dark Lord) thereby folling the Jedi.
Sidious with the aid of his new apprentice moved like a shadow behinfd the scenes to bring about his rule as the new galactic emperror through his own designs!!
this is a really great story and I'd be forever in you guy's debt if you added an option in that allows you to work as darth Sidious's 1st pupil removing the part of him dieing by obi-wan's hand and giving him his own personal open-ended quest line. :twisted: ty.

1.) Im not too sure the refferences to Lords and fiefs should be in there at all in regards to the actual rulers of planets, ambassadors and advisors instead of Yoda being lord of a seemingly non-indigenous planets (where he is actually supposed to be hiding from the empire like the Dogmatic narrow-minded coward of a Jedi he is) And yet other people "lords" can find him easily enough.
In addition The Bothan race played much more of an intricate part in the galactic civil-war ...didnt they? Im just saying that instead of some human guy doleing out all kinds of information, shouldnt it be a bothan?
Also I was thinking of maybe a few more script- prompts and option to make the experience more complex but also help the gamer on-track should he or she get side-tracked to much.

2.) And there MUST be more dialogue options available for force-sensitives dependant on the force levels of the player-character, as well as better force-use textures and animations.
This would give the whole force-experience thing more emphasis in addition to the alien race options of course.
Ive noticed that the other force-sensitives in the galaxy dont take note wether or not you are strong in the force (accept Rahm Kota).
There also need to be more character-building prompts in the new game "charcter creation screen as well as options where moral choice making is concerned i.e "save me from the bandits attacking my planet!!" or "Oh, thankyou for saving me from those horrible thugs attacking my village.. whats that? now you're going to take everything i have, force choke me to death, then burn and loot my planet?"

3.) I've taken note that allmost none of the characters in-game look as the actual actors that played their roles (me thinks better hair and beard textures are needed here).
this isnt really too important to me (when facing-off against Luke Skywalker I only recognized him by his clothes and green-light saber).

Looking at all this now, I've no doubt that this is alott of work that you are all working very hard on,  and I was hoping to be able to peronally come up with new dialogue and maybe facial parameters (make han solo's face looke like han solo's face? e.t.c).
I dont have alott of experience when it comes to modding but you would all be doing me a great honor in letting me be a part of this great under-taking.

P.S

Failing my formal request for a darth maul legacey quest i was hoping that I could work with your team of modders to make my dream finally come to fruition  :sad:.

That is a LOT of stuff you're asking for o.o

Well at least you offered to help...

Two things I noticed:
1. The hero overview still shows the old weapon skill names (like crossbow).
2. While there are many high damage weapons (heavy weapons, light saber...)with damage more than regular M&B (90p for 2h light saber) I've yet to encounter an armor that needs more than 2 hits until the wearer croaks.

Also with that base damage low quality weapons are too cheap for what they can do.

Avarice69xxl said:

P.S

It's not that our team is made up of people who don't understand what Star Wars is or are not "Die hard star wars fans". We all do have a good idea of where the module should progress to, how ever sadly we are greatly limited by several aspects of the module's development. we have very limited time when it comes to working on the module because after all, we all have Jobs, College & University studies to attend to along with other personal engagements which take priority. So we are greatly limited by time along with being heavily limited by the Mount & Blade Engine. Quite a lot of the things you have brought up have been brought up many times in the past (such as; Time, Day & Night, Shadows, Races/Species, Jawa Height  ect)  sadly we have to keep giving the same answer that is "The M&B Engine prevents us from being able to achieve this."

Sadly the Engine is built with M&B in mind rather than an open software development kit, so attempting to edit such things as time, day, night, skeleton height, 16+ races, animations and many other similar functions is incredibly complicated if not impossible.

The Module is still in Beta and over time we do plan to progress to make this module reflect the Star Wars universe to the best of our ability/limitations.
As for your request to join the team you should head over to our external forum and post your request within the correct section of our forums:
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1770.0.html

whenever i try to load this mod RGL ERROR would appear saying "unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways.brf"...help? :???:

Back
Top Bottom