Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Skillz said:
Antoxi, I had the same problem. I just reinstalled 960 and it worked fine. btw great mod,but really what it needed were some "adjustments" so I used troop editer and now I can have huge laser battles! :mrgreen: (it was getting kinda boring killing medieval style soldiers, so I turned all the bandits into Star Wars guys, sea raiders now Wookies, Looters now Storm Troopers, Steppe Bandits now Sith Masters, Forest/Mountain Bandits now Republic Pilots and Scout troopers, and farmers now Jedi Masters.(try raiding a village NOW!)) anyways, great mod, but I highly recommend using troop editor with this one.

thanks!  Glad you enjoy this mod and find my troop editor helpful as well.  :smile:

I agree its getting a little boring killing medieval style troops so your changes sound good.  Currently I am trying to modify this to be 'Star Wars Calradia' and doing a global replace on the troops file and switching ALL troops to use Star Wars weapons. For example:  2h-sword/bastard-sword/etc = lightsabers, javelin/throwing axe/jarid = throw lightsaber, throwing stones/knives = force_push, long_bow = a280 rifle, hunting_bow = dl44 pistol, etc.  All lightsabers and laser bolts will be color coded for the faction (green = vaegir, yellow = nords, etc).  I know this seems a little weird since there are still castles and plate mail but its a fairly easy switch and might be fun to play....

Do people think this concept sounds interesting or have any comments?  Should I make other changes like switch mercenaries to only be republic & wookiees and then switch outlaws to be imperial troops (stormtroopers, scout troops, sith masters, etc).  Switch Imperial troops to outlaws seems to make sense so your party doesn't contain both jedi & sith, etc....  I'd probably release this as a separate mod in-case people want to still use the 'mercenaries' one.

Why won't it play I put it in my modules folder? When I go to play it doesn't pop up on the list of modules and there is nothing different in native.  What do I do? :?:

HokieBT said:
Mad Skillz said:
Antoxi, I had the same problem. I just reinstalled 960 and it worked fine. btw great mod,but really what it needed were some "adjustments" so I used troop editer and now I can have huge laser battles! :mrgreen: (it was getting kinda boring killing medieval style soldiers, so I turned all the bandits into Star Wars guys, sea raiders now Wookies, Looters now Storm Troopers, Steppe Bandits now Sith Masters, Forest/Mountain Bandits now Republic Pilots and Scout troopers, and farmers now Jedi Masters.(try raiding a village NOW!)) anyways, great mod, but I highly recommend using troop editor with this one.

thanks!  Glad you enjoy this mod and find my troop editor helpful as well.  :smile:

I agree its getting a little boring killing medieval style troops so your changes sound good.  Currently I am trying to modify this to be 'Star Wars Calradia' and doing a global replace on the troops file and switching ALL troops to use Star Wars weapons. For example:  2h-sword/bastard-sword/etc = lightsabers, javelin/throwing axe/jarid = throw lightsaber, throwing stones/knives = force_push, long_bow = a280 rifle, hunting_bow = dl44 pistol, etc.  All lightsabers and laser bolts will be color coded for the faction (green = vaegir, yellow = nords, etc).  I know this seems a little weird since there are still castles and plate mail but its a fairly easy switch and might be fun to play....

Do people think this concept sounds interesting or have any comments?  Should I make other changes like switch mercenaries to only be republic & wookiees and then switch outlaws to be imperial troops (stormtroopers, scout troops, sith masters, etc).  Switch Imperial troops to outlaws seems to make sense so your party doesn't contain both jedi & sith, etc....  I'd probably release this as a separate mod in-case people want to still use the 'mercenaries' one.
Please do! And a suggestion: do a try_for_range to see if the player has imperials or republics then make the mercs in the taverns refuse to join according to faction.

And please increase the shot speed of the laser weapons.

G36E said:

There's a problem with that.
If a shot goes too fast, it will often go through a target without doing any damage. In order to guarantee a hit, the shots mustn't move too quickly.

I think the laser shots are fine, but the accuracy should be increased to 99, it makes more sense if high-tech lasers would go EXACTLY where you're aiming them. Also, try to implement at least one automatic laser, or at least make one of the weapons fire accurately even when you rapidly click. (now they just go everywhere) and also I'm going to screw around with troop editor and try and ally everyone (except bandits) against the Nords, and just Star Warsenize the Nords, I think it'd be really fun. 4 medieval factions against one incredibly well armed, but poorly armored faction. Who will win?

Mad Skillz said:
I think the laser shots are fine, but the accuracy should be increased to 99, it makes more sense if high-tech lasers would go EXACTLY where you're aiming them. Also, try to implement at least one automatic laser, or at least make one of the weapons fire accurately even when you rapidly click. (now they just go everywhere) and also I'm going to screw around with troop editor and try and ally everyone (except bandits) against the Nords, and just Star Warsenize the Nords, I think it'd be really fun. 4 medieval factions against one incredibly well armed, but poorly armored faction. Who will win?
Never. An accuracy of 99 for every gun would just suck. You think that every gun should have the same accuracy? Maybe the same damage too? That's not even enough variety for a FPS, now how should it work for a RPG?
Automatic guns, just no. There have been tries to do that, but nothing that isn't extremely overpowered.

I suppose. but at least the Q2 (which sucks) should have 99 accuracy. and I meant more of a blast fire, not fully automatic as in 3 or 4 automatic shots and then a reload. Oh well.
I've also decided to switch around all the factions. Nords will be Sith/Impirial, Swadians Jedi/Republic, Rhodoks Wookies, Khergit Republic Rebels, and Vaegir now Impirial rebels.

Have you SEEN how stormtroopers shoot?

That is not what I call 99 grade accuracy

I finally got it to work. But i am more dissapointed that i tought i would like it. The speeder bike jumps and has horse sounds. The force push power dosnt do anything but i throw something invisable to damage. Block force i dont seem to understand and its not so balanced.

Antoxi said:
I finally got it to work. But i am more dissapointed that i tought i would like it.

To be expected. Nothing is ever as good as you want it to be.

Antoxi said:
The speeder bike jumps and has horse sounds.

Well, honestly, there isn't much choice in this matter - the only mountable thing we have is... guess what, a horse. Thereby, the only thing we can mount into other things is... a horse, and even then we don't have much option in the matter of how it moves.

Antoxi said:
The force push power dosnt do anything but i throw something invisable to damage. Block force i dont seem to understand and its not so balanced.

Well, I don't think we have the capabilities to have an object just push somebody back. Besides, atleast he tried.

Block force works like a shield - equip then scroll down and hold the right trigger. Makes sense.

force block is just an invisible shield, force push does some damage but you can't see where you're aiming, so it kinda sucks. but with troop editor this mod's pretty fun. and you didn't comment on the Kaadu's legs, they're hilarious. anyways, he said the speeder bike was rubbish, so you should've known. but blasting khergits off they're stupid horses is fun. and hank's right, you always expect a mod to be way more fun than it actually is.

you should next change the factions, jedi-veigers, sith-rhodoks, imperial-swadians, republic-khergits, wookie-nords. then change the soldier types. have the jedi and the repuplic perma allys, have sith and imperial perma allys. wookies would be neutral until a side hires them. Have the bandits replaced by mandolorians and have mandolorian mercs in the taverns.

Orj said:
G36E said:

If a shot goes too fast, it will often go through a target without doing any damage. In order to guarantee a hit, the shots mustn't move too quickly.

Ah! I forgot...

Solution: Lighter laser bolts, maybe +10~20 shot speed as well, shouldn't affect hit detection much, but would definitely make for better accuracy.

EDIT: *Places offer to help on desk* Need assistance?

alright, I've changed all the factions now!  :grin: Rhodoks = Wookies, Khergits = Sith, Nords = Jedi, Swadians = republic, vaegirs = Imperial. If anyone else wants to use my version, I'll see if I can find out how to post a download. (if Hokie will let me use his minimod? Pleeeeeeease?) oh, but lords weren't changed, there's too many!

EDIT: Hokie, is there anything I can do to help? ( I can't mod at all, but I can take care of troops/items/lords. If you don't need me, that's fine.) I'd really like to help work on a mod, but I can't do much on any major ones, but if you need 'em I'll give you my designs for the troops. If I'm not needed, just say so.

G36E said:
Orj said:
G36E said:

Ah! I forgot...

Solution: Lighter laser bolts, maybe +10~20 shot speed as well, shouldn't affect hit detection much, but would definitely make for better accuracy.

EDIT: *Places offer to help on desk* Need assistance?

Oh, very good point about item weights!  I'll switch force_push, force_shield and laser_bolts to be 0.1.  I will also think about increasing shot speed slightly on the blasters since I'm not sure I want to mess with weapon accuracy too much since I do agree there should be some differences.  Also, thanks for the offer for help, I'm gonna post a new message about this below.

Just wanted to post some general comments and my thoughts about this mod.

I'm happy to see people are interested and enjoying this mod.  It is very basic and there are issues, but for version 0.1 its fun to play with the Star Wars characters again. I plan to release an updated version in hopefully a day or so that will make some minor changes.  For example:  switch mercenaries to be republic & wookiee, switch outlaws to be imperial & sith, replace bows/crossbows with blasters for all troops, minor item tweaks, give some lightsabers or vibro-weapons to some troops.  Laser bolts and lightsabers will be color-coded for each faction.

Also, several people have asked if they can help or use my mod as a base to expand further.  First, while I'd love to continue working on this mod I doubt I will have time after I do the changes described above.  Therefore, I plan to post my source code after making these changes for people who are interested in working on it further.  I don't mind if people use my code as a base for other mini-mod's or trying to do a large scale project, just if you post it for others to download give a credit to me and the original star wars team (since they did a lot of the work).  Also, I'm not sure if this is possible but after I post the source it would be great if people who are interested in working on this mod further could try and work together since it may not make sense to have 5+ different Star Wars mod's.  :wink:  Usually you need a leader to coordinate this and as I mentioned above I don't think I'll have time.

Last, if there is anybody who can model or do textures we could still use more star wars items.  It would be great to have some new costumes for aliens, robots (?), maybe slightly different versions of armor for stormtroopers/pilots/wookiees, etc.  I had to use existing armor from the native game for the low-level star wars recruits and jedi padawan and sith apprentices, etc.  More weapons would be cool, different scenery, etc.  The original Star Wars mod basically re-created some of the Textures that were used for towns/buildings/etc to give them a different look so I'll try and check if any of these can be re-used.

Anyway, let me know if there are any questions or comments and I'll try and release an update soon.  :smile:

Mad Skillz said:
EDIT: Hokie, is there anything I can do to help? ( I can't mod at all, but I can take care of troops/items/lords. If you don't need me, that's fine.) I'd really like to help work on a mod, but I can't do much on any major ones, but if you need 'em I'll give you my designs for the troops. If I'm not needed, just say so.

Since I can code, why don't the two of us work together?

Like Hokie said, there's no sense in having 5+ mods out there of all Star Wars - what do you say?

alright Hank. I already have all the factions weapons/armor changed the way I like, and I'm starting on the lords. but can you mod any more items/aliens? I'm new to modding, so the only help I can be would be using troop editor, but I have some spare time, so I could do all that. really what I would like to see is some alien mercenaries, as all the original factions have the current mercenary troops. and if you can mod, (or if someone who can wants to help) if they could make some boba phet (spelling?) armor, Bounty Hunter mercenaries would be great. Of course all that aliens and stuff wouldn't be for a while, because for right now, we should just make small adjustments.

Mad Skillz said:
alright Hank. I already have all the factions weapons/armor changed the way I like, and I'm starting on the lords. but can you mod any more items/aliens? I'm new to modding, so the only help I can be would be using troop editor, but I have some spare time, so I could do all that. really what I would like to see is some alien mercenaries, as all the original factions have the current mercenary troops. and if you can mod, (or if someone who can wants to help) if they could make some boba phet (spelling?) armor, Bounty Hunter mercenaries would be great. Of course all that aliens and stuff wouldn't be for a while, because for right now, we should just make small adjustments.

Do you mean MODDING or MODELING? I can mod, but I can not create models.

I can insert the new troops and mess around with them and make them spawn and such in the taverns if that's what your asking, however, I can not create the armor.

Do you have a source code that I could take a look at?

Back
Top Bottom